Doom 3 duct tape mod

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
"Duct Tape - a Doom 3 mod

Under the crazy presumption that a roll of duct tape has to exist somewhere on the Mars facility, the Duct Tape mod sticks flashlights to your machinegun and shotgun. In order to preserve the atmosphere, these new lights are much narrower (and a little brighter) than the standard flashlight, and are only available on the basic weapons. The pistol is not equipped with a flashlight, so as not to spoil the early sections of the game."

shot1.jpg

http://ducttape.glenmurphy.com/

wyrd_fish

Fledgling Freddie
i don't like that idea//

id made the choice to have a seperate tourch, it adds to teh atmospher knowing that when you go around the next black corner there could be anything there and you've only got your light out

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I second that - however I would allow flashlight with pistol in other hand and mebbe the shotgun too but unsure - prob just pistol

MrBlack

Fledgling Freddie
I nearly installed this after the first hour or so of play. then I played a bit more and it works so well without it.

Sure it'd be nice to see the baddies properly, but as they always say, the real fear is in your head. The zombies are a damn site more frightening when all you can see is a pair of glowing eyes lurching towards you after the lights have gone out.

Plus I love the pacing of the game. The way I too damn scared to go into a room with out scanning it with the torch first. I'm pretty lazy with a lot of FPS, but this game has had me playing it the way I used to play them when I was young(er) The engine is only part of that. There's something sublte in the mechanics of the game that makes me want to play with all the skill I can dredge up.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
Dunno...I found the game really tedious having to switch between both all the time. Seriously, if you are wandering around a demon infested installation what are the f'kin odds you are gonna stick your gun in your pocket whilst you fiddle with your torch? Duct tape, selotape, blutak...I'd try it all to stick my bloody torch to my gun!! :p

Yaka

Part of the furniture
i use it to play doom3, i did not spend me cahs on 6800gt card just to look at sexy textures covers with black shadows or wot ever

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'm a bit torn tbh. on the one side, it's a great addition to the game experience imo. as commented above, the true fear is in the mind. what you don't see plays apon you. Doom draws greatly apon this, and imo the dramatic lighting effects are it's best part, because the "other" scariness used is so cheesy that I wouldn't expect it in a 3rd rate horror flick. on the other side, it bugs the hell out of me to not be able to see things properly. one would expect a space marine to have a light fixture on his armor / weapon amongst other things. guh.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You know, after trying to play Doom 3 again after giving up the first time, I've decided that it is one of the WORST games I have ever played. Utterly abysmal gameplay. Awful feel to the controls. Boring, boring, boring. I won't be playing it ever again.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Heh Wij, worst £30 I ever spent too :)

I should have taken it back for a refund at the time, now I'll have to ebay it :/

TdC

neither did I. I'm (or rather was) playing on a mate's one, and I haven't even played in two weeks. I want to get into hell just to see what it looks like, but that's more or less the point for me in the game: curiosity, and wanting to see what they've done. as it runs like a dog on my poota I can't comment on feel or playability as it feels like I'm running about with both legs in plaster casts, and when more than one enemy is in screen it feels like I'm watching a slide show :/

Xtro

One of Freddy's beloved
I completed this. I can be quite bloody minded and figured as I was approx 50% though it, that I had to finish it. I cannot exactly term the experience "FUN"....to say the least :(

Teeds, I'm sorry to say that I fkin despised the Hell portion of the game (think "Xen" in Half-Life)...I couldn't wait to get back to Mars.

I'd pretty much forgotten this game existed tbh :(

TdC

danm mate that's a bit shit :/ oh well, if I have time I'll play it, otherwise I'll not regret giving it a miss tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom