dont you think paladins should get...

O

old.Kladen

a minor speed group speed buff similar to ranger and hunters. every 10 minutes and its group speed for a while. and attacking wont disturb it. called charge or something

coz those damn archer keep runnin away from me!!!! its so annoying everyone runs away from me laughing at my heavy plated arse.

hope they put it in coz then i can catch those pesky orange hunters :p

O

old.Gronau

Just take your friendly neighborhood Theurgist or Minstrel with you. Problem solved. (and you get added Mez, nuke, pets, buffs too!)

O

old.Organ-Grinder

that orange sniper wont be shootig at the plate wearing pally though ifa theurg or mins was with him :p thergs = pin cushions for snipers .

O

old.Raziel

Well people have been complaining since beta in the US about that paladin, and nothing has been done so i dont think they ever will

S

SFXman

Paladins are like the games biggest RvR-gimps if I am correct?

P

poi

Just wait til patch 1.50....then will paladins be great in RvR.

1. Purge = Dispel all negative spell effects from your character, such as rez sickness, DOTs, poisons, mesmerization, stun, etc.

2. Armor of Faith = 60 second 150 boost to armor factor.

3. Mastery of the Arcane = Your “buff” spells will be 3% more effective per level of this ability.

just one of the meny great Realm abilities they will have...

T

Tasans

Armsman get the af buff paladins get a group insta heal

O

old.Raziel

The realm skills wont save the paladin as every other class gets realm skills too, so it will stay the same.

paladins will still be crap at RvR

V

Vell

Paladins aren't crap at rvr. They're just not as good as some other classes.
Take a look at the realm points earned tables. I think you'll find paladins are about half way up the table, maybe a little less. It's classes like Friar, Spiritmaster and cabalist that really need help.
Add in the fact that the paladin is quite possibly the BEST class for pvm, and I really don't see what your problem is, tbh

O

old.Kladen

Originally posted by Vell

Um thats exactly wat i mean they are not as good as other class. otherwise known as crap.

O

old.Ayeye

Just wait til patch 1.50....then will paladins be great in RvR.

yes mate you give to me new hope!
but ... we have to wait for centuries before this happens....

S

SFXman

Hmm... best in PvM? Well *shrugs* don't know :)
But anyway.... realm skills won't save them to such a great extent... other get them too.

T

Tasans

*ahem* wont save them? a group insta heal? May I remind you what the equivalent of other realms classes get?(hybrid melee)
Mid: Thanes get a pulsing pbaoe 3 sec stun with crap radius. (reuse timer 30 min)
Skalds get a self damage add which is as good as the thanes last one.
I dont know what champs get must I must say that their snare spell pisses me off :p

O

old.yaruar

Originally posted by Tasans
*ahem* wont save them? a group insta heal? May I remind you what the equivalent of other realms classes get?(hybrid melee)
Mid: Thanes get a pulsing pbaoe 3 sec stun with crap radius. (reuse timer 30 min)

Somehow I don't think anyone will be paying for that.

+ Thanes best ability in RvR breaks mez so we can't realistically use it..... that and the fact we have about half the hit points of any other tank class.. grrrrr.

Paladins stop complaining, some of us are as gimped as you, doesn't mean we're not having fun ;-)

T

Tasans

And a crap pbaoe spell, and the 50 sc buff is broken among other things. I would jump at the oppurtunity to have a group friendly kind of effect other than be just another (half) tank who can pull at 1500 range. Anyway lets see how the balance works out in US and then comment on that.

T

tilde

Originally posted by Vell
Take a look at the realm points earned tables. I think you'll find paladins are about half way up the table, maybe a little less. It's classes like Friar, Spiritmaster and cabalist that really need help.
Add in the fact that the paladin is quite possibly the BEST class for pvm, and I really don't see what your problem is, tbh

Check camelot herald's stats, paladins are the second worse rp-farmer of all classes in all realms- friar takes the price :)

C

Chenuba

I wrote something about being a pally and what should be done about it in the thread called --> They're all useless <--

Many classes are way to unbalanced yet in this game and Mythic tends to gimp "uber" classes instead of balancing others when complaints are made on uber/useless classes.

Give paladins a speedchant, for now my range is 1.4 meters on any given time, so a speedchant gives me a chance to get in range of my enemies

A

Ardwan

don't you think paladins should get...

The ability to fart fireballs....would stop all those complaining of having no range, and would give them something to use thier power for, other than ressing people

O

old.Kladen

i dont think paladin should have range coz it would ruin paladins but make em natural more magic resistant. every 3 levels all your resistances should go up by 1% or something like that. as in the realm abilties paladins will get faith armour which is 150 armour buff every lvl so, lvl 3 would be 450armour boost :D pitty that thanes and skalds get em too. damn them thanes

speed boost would be nice so they could rush and actually kill some things

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Ardwan
don't you think paladins should get...

The ability to fart fireballs....would stop all those complaining of having no range, and would give them something to use thier power for, other than ressing people
lol, nice one. Great idea :)

O

old.tuppe

hhmm, ok, give paladin speed, but same speed berserker too :clap:

if you look those rp in us server, look last 7 days.
this way you get realistic view after changes what they made :(

T

Tasans

Yeah and paladins should also be 20 ft tall, slay enemies by the hundreds, hurl lightings from their eyes and fireballs from their arse. (Braveheart ;))

O

old.MonoxideChild

in response to the friars need help comment. We're fine thx. You wouldnt believe how many assassins have tried 1 hitting me b/c they thought i was a caster. Sux for them when I turn around and hit him/her for the same amount he/she just hit me. I have no problems getting into RvR groups or getting rps. Paladins on the other hand are probably the worst tank class in DAoC. As the main tank they are power sponges and they dont even do alot of dmg unless they're two hand and then they're even worse sponges.

A

Aeiedil

that orange sniper wont be shootig at the plate wearing pally though ifa theurg or mins was with him :p thergs = pin cushions for snipers .

well it stops the paladin dieing dosent it :D human bt :)

in response to the friars need help comment. We're fine thx. You wouldnt believe how many assassins have tried 1 hitting me b/c they thought i was a caster.

one of hte best reasons to be a friar :) speaking from the assasain pov its quite worrying :) you hit them, wonder why it didnt hurt them as much as it should, and then realise its a friar when your hp moves :) ah well ;) only fallen for it once so far, and i was on a suicide run anyway :D

O

old.Ayeye

About the weakness of Paladins ..... I was thinking Mythic was wrong about that because Paladins were the best in that times! I mean at the court of King Arthur!
It's like creating a Japanese game and putting weak classes for Samurai and Ninja!
What do you think?

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Raziel
Well people have been complaining since beta in the US about that paladin, and nothing has been done so i dont think they ever will

People have been complaining since beta in the US about <absolutely anything you want to comment on>.

It's true... the signal to noise ratio on the VGN boards is stupid.

A lot of the paladin's problems are pure tank problems as well. They're just exacerbated because paladin's don't have any range (hyeah like my shortbow does any good) and do less damage than the rest.

As being defensive isn't as good as it should be in RvR Paladin's fare even worse than the average tank.

They're still damned handy if a fight lasts longer than three seconds. (Not to mention that cleric-mana-saving rezz, or crap-hitpoints-rezz depending on your point of view ;))

Oooh yeah forgot me point...
I doubt Mythic are going to do anything major to change paladins (e.g. giving them divine interventions and smite-like powers... thats not what a Paladin is) but they may make RvR more sensible for defence.

S

SilverHood

should make them resistant to mez spells, so the only people moving after a AoE mez/stun/whatever that hibbie thing is called are paladins.... should even it out a bit

T

Tasans

The same thing was proposed for the zerker but rejected by Mythic several times. A zerker should be completly resistant to mez spells when he goes vendo, which is logical I mean how can you entrance someone who is berserk against you? Never gonna happen

J

Jupitus

only j/k guys :)

dont you think paladins should get...

... a life?

... better?

... laid?

... the papers in the morning?

... even?

... drunk?

... lost?

Only kidding guys ... just couldn't resist!

O

old.Ayeye

...they need some nice girls to save from dragons

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom