Dont ya just hate archers??

T

Trem

I never liked it but my girlfriend likes the peachy taste:p

O

old.Spiritwolf

I just think the jumping of the main character is a great touch...

Why do people jump about everywhere anyway? Is it so you spend less time on the ground and therefore less chance of falling through it?

S

SFXman

Baritone, posted earlier but nm :) Still a great video and I just love the part where the kobold speech bubble is in thin air :)
Originally posted by Spiritwolf
I just think the jumping of the main character is a great touch...

Why do people jump about everywhere anyway? Is it so you spend less time on the ground and therefore less chance of falling through it?
It's weird isn't it. Loads do it... I remember someone once told me the reason actually.
I often notice that on large drops (like in RvR VERY steep hills) if you go down jumping (hold the jump button down all the way) you don't get the fall damage :p
This doesn't work on jumping onto flat ground though.

EDIT: Forgot to say that I love archers ;) I just love doing the same that kobold did.

O

old.stroke

I think the jumping comes from extensive Quake and Counterstrike playing, where "bunnyjumping" is a way to move faster forward (and getting more difficult to hit). I know i tend to bunnyjump in daoc at time, even though i know it's useless :)

O

old.Baritone

Being quite new to the forums i missed the fact that it had been posted here before, Saw it on a US board and thought it was quite funny:)

H

Hufner

Actually, I like to jump down steep slopes for the giddy feeling of it :p

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Hufner
Actually, I like to jump down steep slopes for the giddy feeling of it :p
It does feel quite great :D
Snowdonia right after fortress in frontiers has a nice drop :)

S

Sortbane

Reasons why jumping is fun!

Get a couple of friends with you, one have to have a speed spell.
Find a steep hill or a slope...
take some speed and compete who get's the most falling damage when jumping from down from the hill =)
great for guild happenings, set a price for the biggest damage...

(takes a couple of tries to find a hill that doesn't kill you :D )

Love that flash btw :clap:

O

old.warriorgirl

i not see before

i thought was a scream... very funny :D

S

SFXman

Originally posted by Sortbane
Reasons why jumping is fun!

Get a couple of friends with you, one have to have a speed spell.
Find a steep hill or a slope...
take some speed and compete who get's the most falling damage when jumping from down from the hill =)
great for guild happenings, set a price for the biggest damage...

(takes a couple of tries to find a hill that doesn't kill you :D )

Love that flash btw :clap:
You can't get killed in on drop with full health, although in Darkness Falls there are deadly falls (just because you can't get back up from them so they make you die)... mostly big drops get everyone to 99% so no point in that compo :)

O

old.Alwych

I jump cos its fun an running is boring. Plus i used to jump like a lunatic in cs and it reminds me of that where jumping was handy to avoid some newbies spray an pray tactics.

A

Aeiedil

bah thats how i play (2 much tfc)

run around as terroist with the duel-pistols (have forgotten name), or a pump-action shotgoun or sommit :) just cause i get a lil trigger happy aint my fault :p

O

old.Zenox

Jumping just simply makes the game exciting.

If they removed jump i'm sure id quit the game...honest! :p

B

bracken_woodman

I now hate the fact I cant jump in UO...funny, never bothered me before I played DAOC...;)

O

old.Zenox

Originally posted by Bracken
I now hate the fact I cant jump in UO...funny, never bothered me before I played DAOC...;)

UO? :puke:

U still play that? :rolleyes:

Only reason I have accts still going is to save me houses :/

O

old.Tartanyak

I like jumping off bridges into pools of lava.

Invigorating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom