Fledgling Freddie
yeah, cnn has been known to fuck up from time to time:

cnn_columbia.jpg

Cyradix

FH is my second home
Doh, no wonder it exploded. Going 18 times the speed of light... :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
wow.. 18 times the speed of light.... that would be uuuuuuuum... fast......

wonder if they do this on purpose tbh... i mean.. NOONE can be that stupid....

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
ROFL!! I have never seen those before, anyone making a fukup like that on national TV should be sacked for incompetence.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
XeffoInfil said:
nerf me but whats wrong with the first one?

get a map of EU, locate swiztcherland (or how ever the feck it´s spelled)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not that i like the US, but could someone in here draw a map of the far east, countries near europe or the US states before dissing on the moronic behavior of the yanks?

Stupid as fek for news writers, i know, but pot and kettle still.

Addlcove

Fledgling Freddie
well tohto normally I would agree but still, don´t they have a map? I can easily draw the far east if I am provided with an atlas, I wont even TRY without, and neither should that guy had done

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
TBh you shouldn't be allowed to leave school if you can't draw a rough map of the continents and pinpoint any major country. Anything less is ignorance.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I had no idea that the map was wrong, Switzerland could have been there for all I know.

Toht's right, not many people could draw a map of the world in with any great accuracy.

How about the US States... no fookin idea here.

1 graphic artist makes a mistake and all Yanks are idiots...hmmm
that kind thinking belongs under

'sweeping generalisations' I believe.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
Job said:
I had no idea that the map was wrong, Switzerland could have been there for all I know.

Toht's right, not many people could draw a map of the world in with any great accuracy.

How about the US States... no fookin idea here.

1 graphic artist makes a mistake and all Yanks are idiots...hmmm
that kind thinking belongs under

'sweeping generalisations' I believe.

its not the part that the person cant do it properly, but that he doesnt care that he cant do it (or doesnt know it). Besides he doesnt need to draw the map, he just needs to fill in where which country is and ok if you put down 40 names and you get two messed up, but you are talking about 3 names and taking 2 mins to get the atlas and check it. It shows how much cnn cares about being accurate.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Stupid as fek for news writers, i know, but pot and kettle still.

Every single one who disagreed with me ignored this line.

Funny eh? :D

I said it's stupid for news writers to do this, but as Job mentioned, it's not one person who lives in the states.

Driwen

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
Every single one who disagreed with me ignored this line.

Funny eh? :D

I said it's stupid for news writers to do this, but as Job mentioned, it's not one person who lives in the states.

True its probably just a CNN thing, but the faults news organisations here make are not similar to this. Its usually some technical problem (like lights going out, et), but might be wrong.
But the point you made about pot and kettle isnt true imo, as I wouldnt have made that mistake. I cant place macedonia and surrounding countries perfectly, let alone the states of the USA and almost any African country. However when needed I will check it on an atlas, they already had a map of the countries perfectly. I find it stupid, because they didnt check not because they dont know (Switzerland is hardly an important country).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom