Don't want free level. Help?

Alliandre

Fledgling Freddie
I've just hit 24 with my ns (only took 1 an a half years :p) and now if I go to visit my trainer I'll get this free level. Is there any way you can NOT get this free level? I want to train my env up, but I also want bg's, and not lvl 25 :(

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
nope

only way is to wait till 1.72 which isnt out until we get catacombs.

doesnt noone read the patch notes anymore ?

Maleg

Fledgling Freddie
Need to wait a patch or so - there's an option to turn it off, till then just don't visit a trainer........ Could always Rightnow it and ask if they'll take a level away from you, but don't like your chances.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
have it too, even asked a GM ingame.. they cannot help either :(

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
tis in 1.73 not 1.72 iirc, which is catacombs anyway... so no training till march

Bleam

Fledgling Freddie
Welcome to the wonderful world of Dark age of Camelot!

You have just reached a point of no return, thou shall ding 25 and train your envenom skills! The you can wander in the next battleground.

Simple goa response ;F

Helme

Resident Freddy
Elitestoner said:
what did we learn?

train as soon as u hit 24! :p
As I understand it you will get the popup when you ding 24.

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Helme said:
As I understand it you will get the popup when you ding 24.

Yep, if you have time served since last free ding.

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am as I don't play anymore), but you only get a free level if you dinged something yourself, right? so if you hit 24, you will get a "free" ding to 25, but then you have to work yourself to get 26 and can then get 27 for free, correct?
so why not play up to lvl 23, wait till you auto-ding 24 and then "enjoy" Thid as you won't get another free level?
of course I might have missed some obvious point... :m00:

Ovi1

Fledgling Freddie
Chrystina said:
correct me if I'm wrong (which I probably am as I don't play anymore), but you only get a free level if you dinged something yourself, right? so if you hit 24, you will get a "free" ding to 25, but then you have to work yourself to get 26 and can then get 27 for free, correct?
so why not play up to lvl 23, wait till you auto-ding 24 and then "enjoy" Thid as you won't get another free level?
of course I might have missed some obvious point... :m00:

Maybe because he was already 23 on patch day? So had to level to 24, and get the free 25 ding.

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
I got a similar problem (I think).

A level 39 toon which will get a free level when he dings L40. The free level takes him to L41 so do I lose access to the L40 respecc ??

Belisar

One of Freddy's beloved
Megalodon said:
Go lvl a real toon or play real rvr instead of kindergarten?

Last time I checked you have to start either at level 1 or level 20 (if you already have a 50) so you gotta be either L24 or L39 at some point. Or did I miss something and does the comment actually have some clever worth I cannot quite grasp ?

Megalodon

Fledgling Freddie
Belisar said:
Last time I checked you have to start either at level 1 or level 20 (if you already have a 50) so you gotta be either L24 or L39 at some point. Or did I miss something and does the comment actually have some clever worth I cannot quite grasp ?
Was only meant as a comment on the ns who didnt wanna leave kindergarten.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Belisar said:
I got a similar problem (I think).

A level 39 toon which will get a free level when he dings L40. The free level takes him to L41 so do I lose access to the L40 respecc ??
There is a way around that. If you want to use your single line respec at 20 or 40, go to your trainer but do not click on him. Instead select him using 'target nearest friendly character' (F9 by default). Then type /respec <skill to be respecced>. You'll then get your single line respec and you can click on your trainer to get your free level and spend all your skill points.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Requiel said:
There is a way around that. If you want to use your single line respec at 20 or 40, go to your trainer but do not click on him. Instead select him using 'target nearest friendly character' (F9 by default). Then type /respec <skill to be respecced>. You'll then get your single line respec and you can click on your trainer to get your free level and spend all your skill points.

Nice work around. Though it does make me wonder; "What were Mythic thinking when they implemented this?".

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Well, we get some downs as well as ups by the way we get patching. It means that we don't have so many server downs, and most fixes we never see the problems for. However, in these cases, it can mean that something that was a couple of weeks apart in the US (introducing fast levelling to putting in fixes for declining free levels and not losing respecs) take a little longer.

Darzil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom