Domain Hosting Help

gmloki

Part of the furniture
I currently host multiple domains with one and one. They recently suspended my account as they said my debit card had expired. I asked them to confirm the date of expiry and it was 07/07 (Yes 2007). So they admitted it was there fault. Redebited account and said it would take 24-48 hours to get account block taken off. Which i told them in no uncertain terms was unacceptable as they do it every month and 2-3 days downtime per month is not a satisfactory service

So can anyone recommend any decent hosting companies. To be honest cost would be secondary to decent service. Would have to be UK based. At a push European based.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
I'm using Fasthost for 2 domains on Linux (windows is available). As the name would suggest it is pretty fast. Although yesterday MySQL was playing up a bit. From my newbie point of view they have 24/7 telephone support that so far has instantly resolved any problems. Not cheap, but as you say cheap isn't always best.

Vae

Resident Freddy
I can recommend 34sp who's prices start from £15 per year for 30 Mb with 1 Gb monthly transfer.
They have excellent support including email, decent forums and irc.

I also use webmania who provide 500 Mb space and 6 Gb transfer for £20 per year. Their support seemed ok the 1 time I've used it.

I don't use anything complicated on either company so I can't comment on availability/quality of SQL, Php etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom