Doesn't people check the LFG list anymore?

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
I KNOW there are more people than me who don't use PL for leveling, and almost each and every time I log on a non-50 char I set myself as a LFG.
It's hard to get a group these days, I do try to pm people once in a while and ask if they want to group up, but 1 out of seven times I get a "no" reply. Even in task dungeons, which is kinda... well not fun anyway.

I know people want groups, when I exp in DF for e.g. it is not unusual blue or greencons run by me and wants an invitation. Can people just start to check themselves as lfg? It's not hard, and even scroll farming is fun if you do it together :)

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Too much effort there mate!

I mean, why put lfg up when your powerleveling your alt?

Nate

FH is my second home
think the real question is, did anyone..ever use the lfg menu? ;o if it was a bit better and easier to navigate, like setup auto groups of lfg people etc..people would probly use it

Nate said:
think the real question is, did anyone..ever use the lfg menu? ;o if it was a bit better and easier to navigate, like setup auto groups of lfg people etc..people would probly use it

People used to use it all the time :/ When groups full of paladins etc existed :x

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
built most of my exp groups from the lfg window in the old days. never anyone on it these days though :/

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Aye, back when there actually was people leveling up the old fashioned way and there were exp groups around the LFG list was very usable, but been probably a year or two since I've seen anyone on that list now. Wouldn't mind having a worldwide LFG chan, like the one they have in WoW, sure it is alot of spam and it should be optional to view it, but it would be a step towards making it easier to group.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I think the main problems is the window only really had the proper options that you'd want after everyone stopped using it.
Personally when I log on, even if I wanted a group I would just never think about using it, mainly because until this post i'd forgotten it even existed. It also doesn't jump out at new players, so many of them probably never find it, or look once see it's empty then never bother looking again.

Until it's integrated into the interface in a way that jumps out at you and you don't have to go searching for it, then it's very unlikely it will properly ever take off.

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Coldbeard said:
Aye, back when there actually was people leveling up the old fashioned way and there were exp groups around the LFG list was very usable, but been probably a year or two since I've seen anyone on that list now. Wouldn't mind having a worldwide LFG chan, like the one they have in WoW, sure it is alot of spam and it should be optional to view it, but it would be a step towards making it easier to group.

What I want is a chat channel I automatically join when I log in but don't have to view (like a chatgroup). Then I want the option to broadcast to that chatgroup but only have it appear to certain people..
For instance if I want a level 30-35 paladin, i'd broadcast a space in an exp group and it would only be broadcast to the people currently logged on a 30-35 paladin.

You could extend it to include it so you got broadcasts for all characters on your account matching the requirements, or if you wanted to be really fancy let you select which you received broadcasts for.. for example I could say I want to receive broadcast groups for my Paladin and Cleric, but not for my minstrel.

To broadcast you simply select your requirements.. level 50 cleric ml5+ then type "AC group looking for cleric + leech" and all people with an ml5+ cleric receive your broadcast, all the people without that don't get spammed.

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Golena said:
To broadcast you simply select your requirements.. level 50 cleric ml5+ then type "AC group looking for cleric + leech" and all people with an ml5+ cleric receive your broadcast, all the people without that don't get spammed.

That would make alooot of spam for those Clerics - everytime someone need a fop - a cleric for a rvr grp - annything. all those clerics would get spammed, poor clerics :p

Mas

One of Freddy's beloved
Golena said:
What I want is a chat channel I automatically join when I log in but don't have to view (like a chatgroup). Then I want the option to broadcast to that chatgroup but only have it appear to certain people..
For instance if I want a level 30-35 paladin, i'd broadcast a space in an exp group and it would only be broadcast to the people currently logged on a 30-35 paladin.

You could extend it to include it so you got broadcasts for all characters on your account matching the requirements, or if you wanted to be really fancy let you select which you received broadcasts for.. for example I could say I want to receive broadcast groups for my Paladin and Cleric, but not for my minstrel.

The channel would need to be seen by all as people have so many alts now, or maybe done by lights side of the char title, so this light is on if someone is looking for that particular char for a grp. Bit like toilets on a plane :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom