doesnt look right to me

J

Jiggs

Q: I heard that the primary melee classes don’t want haste buffs, because they will not hit as hard each combat round.

A: Completely not true – a haste buff makes you attack faster and does not affect your damage per swing at all.

Q: If all a haste buff does is speed up how fast you swing, why not just get a faster weapon?

A: With a haste buff, you can swing a heavy, high damage weapon at the same speed as a lighter, lower damage weapon, so it makes you more powerful.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/754.php

thats misinformation, your 'style bonus' will drop considerably when you are hasted

for example:

unhasted.jpg

unhasted

and then:

hasted%20copy.jpg

hasted

notice the style bonus?? now its easy for me to see it because as a friar my haste is 38% so the effect is much more marked

but anyways sometimes i get the impression these guys dont even play the game ;)

T

Tesla Monkor

She's telling the truth, actually. (But doesn't understand it herself fully.. -- your style damage/swing goes down, but the styledamage/second does not.

You need to realise that your style bonus is PER UNIT OF TIME. Not per attack.

If you would normally do 200 damage in 10 seconds using a style, and you have 4 attacks in those 10 seconds, you would do 200/4 = +50 damage per attack. (Added to the base damage of your weapon).

If you are hasted and now do 5 attacks in 10 seconds you do 200/5 = +40 damage per attack. (Added to the base damage of your weapon.)

Yes, it will look like you're doing less damage since the Style bonus (The (+blabla) behind the damage) will drop, but you will attack faster, so the BASE damage of your weapon goes up. (You attack faster, and the base damage will stay the same.). It's just that the style damage is spread out over more attacks, so it'll look like it's lower.

Haste = good. :)

D

DocWolfe

its obvious is does something good as with the haste you can kill oranges/low reds and without it you cant?

R

Roo Stercogburn

Haste is superb if you need to get to the fridge between pulls for more beer :)

N

Novamir

be sure you aren't confusing haste with a QUI buff. i've never noticed haste alter my damage done per swing, it seems to just speed up swings. QUI however annoys me! alters the style bonus i think..

S

shilak

Haste and QUI have the same effect, they reduce the speed of your weapon. What this effectively does is lower the damage done by styles and damage buffs, but does not lower the base damage done by the weapon.

With haste buff or high QUI you will do more damage over time than if you had no haste and low QUI but you are less likely to one shot enemies. Faster weapons are better against PBT and also allow you to do style chains quicker.

The problem comes with classes that rely heavily on large style bonuses for damage as they tend to run out of endurance quicker as haste doesnt appear to reduce style cost. Or those that cant handle getting styles off with a 1.5s delay.

N

Novamir

im certain that +qui and haste don't do the same thing...

G

Gallak

haste and qui are definately not the same. +Qui reduces damage per hit, haste does not.

M

-mk-

qui reduces your weapon's speed, while the weapon's dps remain the same: faster hits for less damage

haste affects your swing speed AFTER the dps/speed calculations are done: faster hits for the same damage

S

shilak

Ill test the QUI thing later, although I cant say I have ever really noticed a difference in my damage output when I have dex/qui buff on me.

J

Jiggs

lol u guys come and post MORE confusing stuff!!!

look haste lowers your 'style damage'

thats all i said

k

J

Jiggs

Originally posted by Tesla Monkor
She's telling the truth, actually. (But doesn't understand it herself fully.. -- your style damage/swing goes down, but the styledamage/second does not.

You need to realise that your style bonus is PER UNIT OF TIME. Not per attack.

heh and i do understand it and i didnt say it was bad anywhere

i am *just* saying she is giving false information

K

Kagato.

my heads gonna explode :(

I just like doing big damage :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom