Does higher Dex boost your chance to Critical hit ?

S

Solid

So say the yanks but I never seen it mentioned on the Herald ???

G

Gallak

just pulling this out of my ass but I thought Dex affected chance to hit, while weaponspec affected chance to crit, so dex means you hit more often, which means you have a better chance of critting instead of missing, maybe :)

S

Solid

Dex has nothing to do with your chance to hit, this aint Diablo 2 :D

O

old.Emma

weapon skill and base class determine chance to-hit. also modified by player vs enemy con.

chance to critical hit is a flat 10% nothing can increase or decrease that.

G

Gallak

Except Mastery of Pain of course.

Dunno never played Diablo 2, I just feel I hit more with higher Dex, maybe its just that I survive longer.

[edit: I did think that having a weaponspec closer to your level improved chance to crit tho, I seem to imagine half the stuff I think I've read on the herald tho, like the whole dropping melee damage for assasins, when it was just dropping melee ability by removing IP]

S

Solid

Aye Emma that was my understanding (of course Mastery of Pain can change that with 5% additional chance to crit per level in MoP)

But it seems more and more people on IGN are claiming Dex effects chance to crit, can I assume they all talking bullshit as I have never seen an official word from Mythic to back this up?

O

old.Emma

most people on IGN talk BS anyway :p

if dex affected crit hits then SB`s would crit like crazy which we dont.. might seem so because we weild 2 weapons and often swing very fast.. but its still a flat 10% chance modified by RA`s (ie mopain).

J

Jonaldo

One thing I had wondered was that getting say.. Mastery of Pain, or Wild Power for mages. Does it increase 5% at a time overall or just 5% of your current chance to crit?

ie..

Base 10%

lvl 1 Wild Power +5%

is my chance to crit now 15%? (10% + 5%)
or
is my chance to crit now 12%? (10% + 5% of my current chance to crit)

I have Wild Power 3 so I should be critting either 25% of the time or approx 17%...

I'm hoping 25% and I do seem to crit a fair amount of times (now if there was only a way of making the critical hits so varied in damage)

F

Flimgoblin

don't listen to the VN boards...
Had a panicked guildie thinking there was a 'See through camoflague' ability coming along in a few patches...

Turns out someone was spreading around VN board rumours...

dex does affect crits... in Everquest...

not in DAoC :)

S

Solid

Elftor its additional 5% a level.

so Base 10%

MoP/Wild Power 1 = 10% +5% = 15%
MoP/Wild Power 2 = 20%
MoP/Wild Power 3 = 25%

etc etc

T

Tranquil-

...Which is rolled EVERY shot/strike you make. It's not an overall chance.

O

old.Krusha

Originally posted by Gallak

[edit: I did think that having a weaponspec closer to your level improved chance to crit tho, ]

having weapon (spec+items+rr) at lvl gives you additional bonus dmg (iirc 100-125% bonus if its = lvl)

A

Aeternus

I got mastery of pain lvl2 and i tend to crit at least a little extra damage almost every hit in rvr with styles... I dont know how often other tanks crit hit but I got a extremely high crit hit chance, somewhere around 50% at least when using styles.

This seem to mostly happen when im fully buffed though... so... (288+ dex buffed).

My theory is theres some kinda stat vs stat comparison for crit hit, since im usually debuffing my targets...

N

Novamir

Originally posted by old.Emma
weapon skill and base class determine chance to-hit. also modified by player vs enemy con.

chance to critical hit is a flat 10% nothing can increase or decrease that.

to-hit is also modified by weapon bonus vs. the armour bonus on what it connects with. so if you are using a DF diamond hammer you will hit less often on enemy epic armour than if you used a crafted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom