Does anyone NOT experience lag?

M

Marcus75

I've heard horror stories about RvR and the lag monster so recently I buffed :D my computer and with a...

AMD Athlon 1800
512 DDR 2700
Geforce3 ti200 64mb

...and a 10mb connection I think I got quite a good chance at not having the worst problems in RvR.

So how is it? Are there anyone out there that don't suffer from lag when in largescale fights? Are there anyone that have it playable even with lag?

Q

Quemine

The game itself isn't written to handle lots of people in the same place, so no matter how good your computer is you will experience lag when in huge battles... :)

G

galdora

Never ever get lag these days.

frame rate slow down has now improved too, since buffing my pc. Used to start after 2 hours with 256M, now 4 hours with 512M. Going to put another 512M in, that should give me a stable 8 hour session!:clap:

Current specs

Athlon XP 1800+
512M DDR 266
GeForce 4 Ti 4600
RAID Stripped Array (2 x 60Gb ATA133 7200 drives)
512k Cable Modem

No lag, just gfx slowdown after 4 hours. Must be a memory leak in the game.

O

old.Barda JP

Lol u guys !

I have a P3 800mhz !
384Mb RAM and geforce 2 64Mb GTS
ADSL connection 0,5Mbit

I don`t have that much lagg, not even in huge RvR combats :clap: :clap: :clap:

S

SFXman

I experience no LAG in large RvR fights... just a slowdown in my PC because the GAME can't handle it. That's why everyone's PC game will slow down in huge RvR wars. Hopefully the expansion pack engine resolves this problem.

O

old.job

Laggy

My lag is no worse than my mates top flight system, and I'm using a 16mb Voodoo 3500!! ( funny effect when hero's go moose they look completely white to me)

A

Ardwan

I have no lag whatsoever in RvR...its the crappy gfx engine that makes the FPS drop and the game seem laggy

O

old.Bowen

I experienced a reduction in framerate, but after I dropped the res to 800x600 and removed spell effects every thing was fine

This was during quite a large battle

P3 800
384mb 133ram
GeForce2 32mb
512k cable modem via NTL

no lag though - although I do experience lag at other stange times I put that down to ntl tho' as I used to get it with EQ at time to time in fact I might aswell have the 128k cable modem and save myself £10 to buy another account :p

G

Gekul

I have to put my resolution down a bit when there are large battles. Game gets a bit choppy if I've been in jordheim for a while too.

S

SFXman

Ugh... I will not go below 1024x768... it gets SO CRAMPED I can't stand it :) (I find it impossible to believe some use 800x600 desktop res or even 1024... so... cramped).
Plus... point is that the game engine is bad in large battle situations anyway so why bother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom