does anyone no how to...........

• Thread starter shane(h**s*n*1*5)is not h
  • Start date
S

shane(h**s*n*1*5)is not h

rite i want to make a window in the side of my computer, i no roughly how to do it (sum of u mite no me) but im not sure wat tools are needed for the job could anyone run me through the process and wer i could get materials from (i live in notts btw ) and wat tools i would need?? thanks alot

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
TechNation have actually published this one: http://www.tecnation.co.uk/article.php?id=57 - Wilier's excellent step by step guide to case modding. While I wouldn't bet on you having the tools (or industrial facility) to do exactly this, it should give you an idea of what's involved.

S

thanks alot i heard u need a jigsaw (i got one of them )but i wouldnt be sure hmm mite use the college facilaties that mite be a chance anyways thanks mate

Clown

Part of the furniture
Hello there banned one. I too would like to do this but I'm scared that I would fuck up. I need to do something to sort my 48 degree case temperature, with the case off.

S

alrite mate hows it going shhh dont tell everyone lol it doesnt look that hard and realy whats the price of a new computer case ow well hope ya get it sorted lol

Tom

I am a FH squatter
You need a thin bladed bandsaw to do this properly (don't know what its called, but a machine with a blade on a loop, that allows you to turn the side of your case in the direction you wish to be cut).

Would be easier to just buy a new case tbh.

.Wilier.

One of Freddy's beloved
Tom said:
You need a thin bladed bandsaw to do this properly (don't know what its called, but a machine with a blade on a loop, that allows you to turn the side of your case in the direction you wish to be cut).

Would be easier to just buy a new case tbh.

In truth, your right, although a bandsaw isnt what most hobby-ists have in their shed/garage/kitchen. You can get blades for a jigsaw which are specifically designed for sheet metal though, the biggest problem is that they will rip the case to pieces if not properly supported. I found the best result, although the most time consuming, was to use the Dremel and a slack hand-full of cutters.

Whichever method you choose, make sure you cover the whole panel in masking tape first. Stops scratches and slips.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
.Wilier. said:
Stops scratches and slips.

Looks to me like he already slipped ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom