Does anyone know if "Sharkskin gloves" been up?

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
Starting to belive the crap is bugged like days and days and not even seen the damn smoke of it,ppl even pm me and ask if i ever seen it cuz they have not either :flame:

So tired of these "camping artifacts" frigging EQ wannabe crap.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Got mine a few days after 1.71 came live and it spawned again the next day as a friend got them.

I camped these for a LONG time and, take some advice, check them once in a gaming session, dont sit there and camp them.

This is one arti that isnt worth camping, the spawn seems to be the rarest of all artis. They are not bugged, just rare.

These are not like GoV or other arti's that spawn daily, sometimes they wont spawn for 2 weeks or more.

I just checked them once a night after rvr session or guild raids before i logged, im sure i missed the spawn a few times, but it didn't ruin my limited game time.

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
i camped over a week when i was lvl 40, i never saw em pop so i spoke with Zeniteh (GM) he told me that once in every 30 RL days it have 20% chance to pop, if i see it up i will tell /as, pm if it's up plz, im ok with cedit only.

He allso checked the encounter, it wasnt buged (was about 2 days ago)

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
I said once every 30 days?!!?!!?! Not likely. I did say I've seen it go that long and not be bugged... it is one of the absolutely rarest spawns that routinely goes more than a week without a spawn... the longest I've seen it go is 30 days the shortest is one... that's why Mythic calls them random generators.

Miho

Fledgling Freddie
When I was hunting the gloves for my ranger I had one char logged on spot and checked it once or twice a day to see if it's up. Only had to keep checking for around 3 weeks until it finally was up and I got the encounter done. ;)

Asq

Fledgling Freddie
Like me, a guildie has been checking for a long while (luckily I got mine not too long after patchday). It can be annoying / frustrating, but wasn;t there some decrease in spawntime upcoming for most artes in one of the next patches?

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
From what I understand the spawn time on many artis remains the same, the drop rates of the encounters that were not guaranteed a drop is increased.

Got to wait for that though :(

A ranger in my guild has been trying for months to get the gloves too, pretty sick imo :twak:

censi

Can't get enough of FH
arti spawns are indeed a pain.

But I think we kind of take for granted these items. Everyone just views the item as "I need to get it" rather than "it would be cool if I could get this ultra rare fabled item type thing" problem is its such a hardcore server that peeps just regard items as things they have to aquire for their templates. Unlike the old days where if you were lucky enough to roll high in a lotto you could get a drop of great power.

Rockk

Fledgling Freddie
cens in the old days there were never a mob that could take 30 days to spawn.. imo the long spawn time is pretty sick.. ppl wanna enjoy the game has jobs etc and with sutch a Artifact as sharkskin that might spawn "if your lucky" just blows imo,

ok it´s a Artifact with special powers, but fair would still be that is spawns once a day, i mean how do u know when it was done, how many days ago, etc even if u do check it once or twice everyday u can still have missed it

Culanan

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:

But I think we kind of take for granted these items. Everyone just views the item as "I need to get it" rather than "it would be cool if I could get this ultra rare fabled item type thing" problem is its such a hardcore server that peeps just regard items as things they have to aquire for their templates. Unlike the old days where if you were lucky enough to roll high in a lotto you could get a drop of great power.

Fair points censi, although considering that they are now so much easier to lvl than before I think that takes a lot of the "special" out of the equation.

Also when you look at how easy it is to do battler/malice and just how many assasins/archers use them, they are very much considered must have in order to compete, it's hard enough to do a ranger template but for those who depend on bow it's really not that fair compared to other more powerful and commonplace items such as those I mentioned.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It's more degree's of difficulty really with arti's.

Ok, so Mariashas is very rare, but the encounter is probably the easiest of them all to do and is very easily soloable, plus its a guaranteed 100% drop.

Erinys, Battler and Jacinas for example may not be rare spawns, but they are a lot tougher to get and cannot be solo'd.

Gem of Lost Memories is pretty easy to do and the spawn is regular, but it hardly ever drops.

Have to agree with Censi here, people take these things for granted a bit and work difficult to get arti's into their templates and then don't acknowledge how difficult they are to get.

Gravediggah

Fledgling Freddie
meep meep

I think its very wrong when a game turns out to "item based"

RP i consider something diffrent ofc you should have more RA's if you have mutch rp sence it proves 2 thing 1,you spent alot of time rvr ,2 you got reward from in in RA's. Some ppl invest alot of time in there chars thats up to them but ppl who might just want to play daoc once and a while or perhaps only have some hours each week cause of family etc can forget any glory in the current "template states"

Toa char VS none Toa i dont even have to write who would beat who, Meaning these guys would die die and more die and probably within some time leave the game.

But sitting so called camping artifacts so you can do your template just to be able to go out in rvr is not only frustrating i also think its oposite to straight:p

Someone mentioned battler etc, I know you cant solo them however they very very easy done,artifacts should spawn minimum once each 24h.

GoA,mythic try fetch new players and that i can understand aswell, But i know i would never want to be a newbie within the current gamestate.

Wont go in to details there all know how finding grps etc is all about pling.

More freedom to the ppl i say :clap:

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
censi said:

Agreed, back in the day! =) not everyone was able to get the items they wanted for the best template they came up with. At one point people only got galla items from going on the large raids with xx amount of people and then had to win the lotto rather than just sitting in a spot for a few days and killing a mob. They just weren't able to get hold of the item without a large raid. Times change tho like galla being farmed by a chanter and a bot but there were still some items hard to get with small groups ie some of the final encounter. Artifacts suggest items hard to get or be able to find whereas if you have the time,patience whatever u want to call it anyone has a chance of getting these "artifacts"

duno what my point is its 4:13 and i should goto bed tbh! :twak:

Brack

One of Freddy's beloved
Gravediggah said:
GoA,mythic try fetch new players and that i can understand aswell, But i know i would never want to be a newbie within the current gamestate.

Wont go in to details there all know how finding grps etc is all about pling.

More freedom to the ppl i say :clap:

Being a newbie in daoc must be hell now, i know when toa came out pdc took a couple of NEW daoc players they got stuck in and visited the classic area's etc but if you come to daoc and aren't lucky enough to bump into someone who'll give you 5 minutes i think it'd be way to easy to just go im lost /quit. The grind from 0-50 used to be ok getting sced then going to rvr that was fine but now its 0-50 with little to no groups to exp in then doing toa after the initial ml rush and trying to make a template with artifacts that are camped constantly. I know if i was new to daoc i'd find it very hard to be motivated to do all that in a new game to get a first glimpse at what rvr is actually like.

Rockk

Fledgling Freddie
all i can say really is, the artifact should spawn once everyday
it would be fair rare or not, mythic should consider the fact that
all ppl cant play allot but the still pay the same amount for account
and atleast i think they should also have the same chance to a decent template.. ok they dont have to play some may say but if they wanna spend their free time with Daoc then they should be given the same chance to have fun as those who dont have Famly, kids or work, the game is after all a thing
that should entertain?

and i agree with Brack on the fact that 0-50 + Sc was enuff

i even think 0-50 >> epic gear was better cus it had the nice looks
and was conciderd as good items that every lvl 50 had a chance to get
:clap:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Rockk said:
all i can say really is, the artifact should spawn once everyday
it would be fair rare or not, mythic should consider the fact that
all ppl cant play allot but the still pay the same amount for account
and atleast i think they should also have the same chance to a decent template.. ok they dont have to play some may say but if they wanna spend their free time with Daoc then they should be given the same chance to have fun as those who dont have Famly, kids or work, the game is after all a thing
that should entertain?

and i agree with Brack on the fact that 0-50 + Sc was enuff

i even think 0-50 >> epic gear was better cus it had the nice looks
and was conciderd as good items that every lvl 50 had a chance to get
:clap:

SC wrecked DAoC, worst thing they could ever have introduced.

SC meant that classes with good SC could now beat classes with no SC that previously they would have had no chance of beating.

SC more than anything else wrecked the balance of the game and rendered almost all armour drops /salvage worthy only, I said it when SI was released and I say it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom