Does anyone have...

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
A sword of sorrow yet?xE if so, how hard was it to get?

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
It's 4.3 spd slasher which is great for a slash merc or slash inf providing you can get 10% melee damage in your sc as it benefits tons more than 10% styled damage just was wondering if anyone had one yet and how hard is the boss to kill.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Oh yeah. Is it one of the new drops from the new summoner? If so, I dont think anyone has killed him since NF release.
I reckon you need more people to take him down now. And we all know what HUGE amount of hp he had before NF, even tho you could kill him with a op grp ;) I think I remember reading that you need something like 2-3 fg now. So could be a bitch to get :\

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Sword of Sorrow is End drain not abs debuff though ;/ ....

Getting into summoners hall is easy enough .. Mobs inside SH pretty much insta pop .. presume you now have to kill the other summoners before you kill the GS. Agro can follow you through portal and you get chucked around alot.

2x Alb PvE groups should(Cleric, Cleric, Therg, Therg/mini, Merc, Merc,Pally, Pally/Arms) be ok ... 1 group would make slow progress though summoners hall due to getting bogged down in insta repopping high Purps.

Marrok

Loyal Freddie
tried to get down there with a guildgroup, dunno what happened but some of us ended up in goth harbour after going through the portal area :p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Maybe its a bit bugged yet. All I know is that they changed a lot in the next patch. Lots of tweaks and updates. So maybe it'll get better then :) I'm just happy the damn white names will go away :cheers:

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Marrok said:
tried to get down there with a guildgroup, dunno what happened but some of us ended up in goth harbour after going through the portal area :p
Yeah we got owned me thinks :/

Afran`

Banned
Tried to stealth into the summoner's main hall solo, got to the last portal and some other summoner FZ'd me into the roof. :(

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Slower the delay of the weap the more beneficial it is from melee speed or melee damage bonuses due the percentage gaining a larger amount, go add a pole arm 5.0 spd in speed calc with 10% melee spd, 19% haste and capped qui then change it 5.9 spd pole, the 5.9 pole shouldn't hit much slower than the 5.0.

The damage caps would benefit more due to the weapon capping higher than the 4.1 in the first place so it gains more from the melee damage since the percentage gains a larger number from it.Say like i capped 400 base damage with a 5.2 pole, i got 10% melee damage from sc this now rises to 440.Now i use a 5.9 pole and cap 480 base damage, i got 10% melee damage so this rises to 528.I know the bonus increase isn't THAT high but since it's effecting your base damage it will make your styled hits do even more higher damage.

Also lastly, i am ml10 so if i use banespike the higher the delay the weapons the more extreme the damage caps are going to be since it's also a percentage(25%).

Hope i been clear here, trying to explain as best as possible. :/

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
as long as you're not being capped melee speed wise, a slower weapon won't increase your dps..and no the bonuses dont help a slower weapon more either :p

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
as long as you're not being capped melee speed wise, a slower weapon won't increase your dps..and no the bonuses dont help a slower weapon more either :p

Yes they do, it's obvious when you calculate it, go try ingame.So a savage with red dps shout and 4 spd claw only caps 20-40 damage less than 4.4 you saying?xD(when using their red dps shout) i know this isn't true myself and the savage red dps buff is same as my master lv10.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
well, 4.4 is 10% slower than 4.0...sooo if the usual cap is 200 then the increase would be 20...if it was 400 it would be 40..i'm guessing a savage with dps buff can cap above that tho so the dmg difference can be more...point it..it will still even out cause the 4.0 is swinging faster :) that's how it look if you calculate it...dont' have a savage with red dps so can't test it out personally:)

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
So you saying in old frontiers a person with 1600hp would gain the same amount from toughness than a person with 1900hp?

Are you also saying if someone owned 20% of 100 houses on a street owns the same amount as someone who owns 20% of 150 houses on a street?

It's a PERCENTAGE value calculated before a set value, the higher the set value it's calculating from the higher the number gained from it is simply because it's a percentage.

Old toughness was 3% i know not much:

3% of 1500=48 or so hp.
3% of 2000= 66.5 hp or so.

Now no matter if you claim it doesn't work even though it does since it's a percentage NOT a set value, it gains more benefits.

Toa haste bonus is percentage.
Melee speed bonus is percentage.
Styled damage bonus is percentage.
Melee damage bonus is a percentage.
Banespike is a percentage.(since it's 25% it's going to get even more value from a big set number)
Theurg haste is a percentage.
Quickness works out as a percentage though i can't remember exact amount i am guessing 17.5% or so more haste.

Now if you swinging a 5.2 pole at 2.0s and hitting 400 a hit, you switch to a 5.7 pole hit 2.2s 450 a hit, the 5.7 pole will do more damage simply because 0.5s weapon delay damage> 0.2s more melee speed.(as 0.5 more weapon delay is quite an increase in base damage)

If the bonuses were a set value then of course the benefits would be the same no matter what delay weapon you had, since it's a percentage it works out more gained from it the larger the number it's calculating from.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
It's a PERCENTAGE value calculated before a set value, the higher the set value it's calculating from the higher the number gained from it is simply because it's a percentage.

And a 6.0 speed weap and 3.0 weap still has the exact same dps, so the percentage increase is exactly the same :p

Look..

You cap for 600 with a 6.0 spd weap.

You cap for 300 with a 3.0 spd weap twice as fast.

You ToA both char the same, and they end up with an overall cap increase of 10%, as well as hitting 10% faster.

Dmg increase:
600 + 600x0.10 = 660
300 + 300x0.10 = 330

(notice how the faster weapon is still capping for exactly the half)

Speed increase:
6.0 - (6.0x0.10) = 5.4
3.0 - (3.0x0.10) = 2.7

(also notice how the faster weapon is still hitting twice as fast)

conclusion: run the maths, there is no dps difference between a slow and fast weapon as long as your melee speed is not getting capped.

You can't compare it to having 1600 hps vs 1900 hps, because that's actually having more hitpoints, while the weapons have identical dps.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
And a 6.0 speed weap and 3.0 weap still has the exact same dps, so the percentage increase is exactly the same :p

Look..

You ToA both char the same, and they end up with an overall cap increase of 10%, as well as hitting 10% faster.

Dmg increase:
600 + 600x0.10 = 660
300 + 300x0.10 = 330

(notice how the faster weapon is still capping for exactly the half)

Speed increase:
6.0 - (6.0x0.10) = 5.4
3.0 - (3.0x0.10) = 2.7

(also notice how the faster weapon is still hitting twice as fast)

conclusion: run the maths, there is no dps difference between a slow and fast weapon as long as your melee speed is not getting capped.

You can't compare it to having 1600 hps vs 1900 hps, because that's actually having more hitpoints, while the weapons have identical dps.

Nevermind you still not understanding :E

You can come out with all you want, it doesn't deny the fact that a percentage gained from a set value DOESN'T stay the same when the set value has increased(which happens in this case) it's caculating from just like the example i said above about the houses.

Xeanor

Fledgling Freddie
Old.Ilum said:

In your theory, yes.

In game, no.

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Sycho said:
Nevermind you still not understanding :E

You can come out with all you want, it doesn't deny the fact that a percentage gained from a set value DOESN'T stay the same when the set value has increased(which happens in this case) it's caculating from just like the example i said above about the houses.

I would understand if you were arguing for using 16.5 dps weaps instead of 15.0 dps weaps :p (which I have to agree is a good idea ^^)

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Could argue then that quicker weps (haveing the same overall Dps) would actually do more damage due to inceased number of attacks resulting in a chance of more crits,off hand hits,wep procs thus more damage over time.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
I would understand if you were arguing for using 16.5 dps weaps instead of 15.0 dps weaps :p (which I have to agree is a good idea ^^)

Ok i am only explain once more:

I got a 4.1 sword, i cap 200 with it, i get 10% melee dmg, i now cap 220, i use banespike, i now cap 275 base damage.

I got a 4.4 sword, i cap 230 with it, i get 10% melee damage, i now cap 253 with it, i use banespike, i now cap 316 base damage.

I got 250 quickness, 10% melee spd, 19% theurg haste.I am swinging a 4.1 sword at 1.85s and a 4.4 sword at 1.98s.Ten seconds pass by:

5 rounds from each then.

5x275=1375 dmg in 10s=137.5dps.
5x316=1580 dmg in 10s=158dps

Fights do not usually last long so i am doing a rough equation here.(it's not spot on but you can see the benefits).

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
The faster sword will hit next hit before the slower one...you could've done exactly the same calculation with just a little different timeframe and gotten the opposite result

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:
The faster sword will hit next hit before the slower one...you could've done exactly the same calculation with just a little different timeframe and gotten the opposite result

Yes but 0.1 weapon delay is usually 10 more damage cap.

0.15s more weapon speed doesn't make up for the delay damage difference between them.(0.3)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH

I got a 4.1 sword, i cap 200 with it, i get 10% melee dmg, i now cap 220, i use banespike, i now cap 275 base damage.

I got a 4.4 sword, i cap 230 with it, i get 10% melee damage, i now cap 253 with it, i use banespike, i now cap 316 base damage.

I got 250 quickness, 10% melee spd, 19% theurg haste.I am swinging a 4.1 sword at 1.85s and a 4.4 sword at 1.98s.Ten seconds pass by:

13 secs of bashing then

7x275=1925 dmg in 10s=148.0dps.
6x316=1896 dmg in 10s=145.8dps

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Old.Ilum said:

13 secs of bashing then

7x275=1925 dmg in 10s=148.0dps.
6x316=1896 dmg in 10s=145.8dps

Why is it 13s of bashing? if it was 13s of bashing then that calculation is wrong, sometimes the faster weapon will be higher dps by a small amount but the majority of the times the slow delay will be a larger amount more so in the end the slower delay weapon is higher simply because the weapon delay will make the damage cap a lot higher than then small amount of melee speed difference between them.

Percentage isn't a set value so that's why the slow weapon benefits more now due to this toa bonuses, if it was before toa then you would be right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom