Does anyone bother with epic armour?

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
so.. does anyone bother? or shall i throw out my idea of nice shiny hunter armour? i gave up asking for help after 2 hours of trying the periodic
'/region can i please get some help to complete this quest'. i even tried money, i thought 2 plat per person was pretty sweet for 10 or so mins of dungeon crawling, so.. what give? i want answers!!

Yours, rather confused, :eek6:

Koug.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not really, its pretty shit for the most part when compared to the Dragon armour, or even crafted with the new armour bonuses and omni procs.

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
Fair enough, so dragon armour is the way to go then.. just im stuck with stuff from DF for the moment.. and thought the epic stuff was good.

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Epic is ok till you can get the dragon stuff tbh , if you need a hand doing the epics i can help later , ill probably be on after 6pm gmt.

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
My bad, i left out the important bit. im at work, that is my excuse :p im on ywain, so US servers,

also..

not sure if this has been posted else where, but i found this on MMorpg.com
found it intresting.. slight departure from armour :p

Overall Jeff's presentation was a good one. It was afterwards though that I got the chance to pressure him about Dark Age of Camelot. Many players remember DAOC as having the best PvP experience in the online game space. It is often referenced as the prime model for PvP, oddly enough no one has captured its format again. The key to DAOC was that three factions, Albion, Midgard, and Hibernia were all fighting it out for control. Mythic put in some expansions that sadly diluted the experience over time. Trials of Atlantis and New Frontiers were two that many people say did the game in. When Jeff asked me if I would like to go back to DAOC the way it was in the beginning I got excited.

It is great when an Executive Producer says, what would you do with Dark Age of Camelot? Well I explained that maybe a sequel would be the way to go. Or perhaps revamp the game with an updated engine, new graphics and art, and keep the world in its old form with game play very close to the way people remember it. Jeff smiled, smirked is more like it, for a very long time. Jeff said that they are hiring right now on the Dark Age of Camelot team. We can only hope DAOC will see a rejuvenation back to its old awesome PvP self.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
My bad, i left out the important bit. im at work, that is my excuse :p im on ywain, so US servers,

tsk, why bother with Ywain? Just 10 more days for EU! :D

And otherwise, Epic armour is pretty decent until you get dragon armour etc.
Some of my toons on EU are still running around in Epic and doing ok ;)

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
I personally like epic armor and is still useful for people just turning 50 who don't have the finances for a SC set or anything else fancy.

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Wish you culd copy the model of epic armor to crafted ones,some of them look pretty cool.

Or they could just upgrade their stats but then again this is Mythic.

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
well im on ywain too m8 currently lvl 44 nearly 45 and im up to my lvl 40 epics if ya wanna duo em id much appreciate it as its hard soloing them as caster gimme a pm if ya fancy it and we will sort summat out

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Im ingame on Biggestfan-ywain3 if you need help with them.

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
thanks guys, my names Nykr in game, il lgive you a yell ;)

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
am usually on at weekends, but sometimes in the week, depending on how late i stay at work, but i will help :)

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
Hykr and Chip, you both not moving back to Europe when it goes live ?

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
not sure all depends on the circumstances of the new server

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
have to agree with chipper, i started my hunter on the us servers, as i was on a classic server type, but sadly those got rolled up in to ywain, so i figured i might as well get some chars leveled here in the mean time and see how the EU cluster fairs. im not against moving by any means, i heard that the new EU super cluster was going to be primarily german?...

Septina

Part of the furniture
have to agree with chipper, i started my hunter on the us servers, as i was on a classic server type, but sadly those got rolled up in to ywain, so i figured i might as well get some chars leveled here in the mean time and see how the EU cluster fairs. im not against moving by any means, i heard that the new EU super cluster was going to be primarily german?...

Highly doubt that. :x

Vormav

Fledgling Freddie
Well last I checked of the European servers, zee Germans where most active followed by the French, then poor old Britain lost with about 24 people on the Excal/Pryd Cluster.

I think this super cluster will inspire a lot of old British players to return though, I've already heard a lot from ex excal and pryd players. I also think it's that time in gaming where the hasn't been a decent MMORPG in a while and people are starting to remember what a gem DAoC really was, hence a lot of people returning!

I don't really care if the majority of the server is German, will probably be quiet interesting to be honest to go up against them in RvR. I am sure the will be a few British guilds around to. :england:

P.S. I've been playing an Eld on Ywain1 lately, that's why I havn't been on my Warrior. Kinda dig the Eld atm, gonna play him in Thid before my 14 day trial expires. Then I will just wait see what happens with euro cluster before I start dishing out cash.

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
In a way the eu cluster is the best thing that can happen to ywain if a sizable chunk of the population leaves.

Aprox 3k pop with half in PvE gives the most enjoyable RvR expirence IMO.

Kougar

Loyal Freddie
IS Anyone online, like today, saturday the 27th... able to help me get this epic step 9 done, in midgard? i did it before but a LD caused me not to get any credit.... i have plat, if my plea of pain doesnt work.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'll probably be doing my epics tomorrow(sunday), so if anyone wants to tag along, feel free to join me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom