Do You Want a Coop Server???????

G

Gadd

i'm trying to see how many people want a coop server then i'm going to e-mail a link of this thread to GOA and then maybe if more people hassle them we can get one open, so who wants one? coz i certainly do.

T

The Real Redi

i'd give it a crack, but have to say, i doubt anything thats sent to mythic from here will sway they're decision.

Until they see the figures on the european servers up again, we won't have too much cash spent on new hardware.

Germany have 5 active servers now, all have +/- 1000 players on, even on the off peak times, so i would guess that if they were to be loyal to any one particular language in europe, German would've been it - i don't speak german, so Co-op server in German would suck. Embarasingly, i know loads of Germans who speak better english than i...

Camlann is dying, so theres a viable option, accept the people who DO like playing on it will feel pretty hard done by if they level a 50th then find out that the server is going to be gimped, and rightly so.

A

Archeon

I'd take a PvE server over a PvP server if thats any indication of how i feel... though to be honest i don't relish the idea of lvl grinding again.

...maybe if they allowed character transfers too it, but i couldn't really see it being somthing i would dedicate a large ammount of time too.

G

Gadd

yeah people who have had chars on PvP can transfer them to any server and replace camlann with a coop (where people can transfer characters there for say level 30 or below for the first few weeks)

K

klavrynd

it'd go the same way as pvp i think. Huge amount of people that want to try it, with allmost certain death 3-4 weeks after that.

A

acei

A coop server would be nice but i'd prefer a proper normal daoc third English server.

H

hellraisermk2

A coop server would be nice, so long as their was also an option for PvP for those who wanted too (not duels, as in more like EQ where you can take a flag off and open yourself up for some good PvP action).

This way, you would still have some good fighting going on, but could also just remain neutral and not worry about someone killing you.

D

deygos

yup but with full rvr based on guild v guild

A

Arnor

too many questionmarks for my part.

"multiple questionmarks, the true sign of a diseased mind"

B

baphomet

Iøm not sure I see what's so great about a coop server.

E

Edaudric

http://www.petitiononline.com/coopdaoc/petition.html

There's a petition about it.

What's good about a Co-Ops server is that you get to travel to all realms, wear all of their armor (except Albion's platemail can't be used by any other realm), their weapons, and you get to team up with them against a common AI enemy.

The AI will take over the keep frequently, just as the other realm takes it over on the standard servers.

I'd choose a co-op server of any other, maybe even roleplay.

B

baphomet

Isn't there already coop servers in the US?
How successful were they there?

E

Edaudric

It has about the same population as Prydwen.
I don't really check their servers at their "hot time".

T

Tobold

No!!!!!!!

sorry, just doing your thread topic justice

S

Sharma

Originally posted by baphomet
Isn't there already coop servers in the US?
How successful were they there?

Average population peak times, fornally about 2k on at peak...

G

greenfingers

Think I would make a friar, a cleric, and a theurgist (PBT) on the co-op server, go ahead .. give co-op server !!! :)

D

darbey

I say yes to coop server. Its all about having a choice.

K

Khalen

Ofcourse... But GOA will not make one due to too few english people (why is this determined by the nr of english people? PvP wasn't determined by that)

G

Gerta Ugbash

I decided to see what all the hype was about necros yesterday, and must say necro + bonedancer make a V nasty team. I'd be up for a Co-Op server but it would defo need some PvP aspect in there somewhere.

Y

-yoda-

i would try a co-op server "although not seriously" IMO i think the BEST all round would be to keep the PVP server BUT,,,, make home realms "NOT frontiers" safe zones... so people can exp in home areas . and when/if they wanna rvr they can goto mid/hib/alb frintiers and fight as much as they want.. then in many respects u STILL have a pvp server that ALL realms can co-op and rvr together .

the MAIN reason pvp server is a ghost server is because people got sick and tired of grievers . nowhere was safe to exp without being exp killed by a pruple con dummy :) yes thats wot pvp is about butthats what killed it . make the frontiers rvr zones as they are now on normal servers and still allow for cross realm grouping etc etc :) problem solved .. everybody can play all 3 realms with exaclty the same safety/dangers as they would have on a normal server AND get to grp with chars from other realms :)

P

parisienscot

Personally I think the co op server sounds boring - I vote no.

(Well you did ask my opinion ;) )

B

bewal

Mayby see what other games are going to do to regular servers, would like to see how many players Prydwen will have after SWG et Co hit the market. US has more servers and some of them are so inbalanced that you barely see members of some realm at frontier any more, no reason to spread out more so that peeps could feel they are getting the whole deal. Don't think co-op would be a good idea, even if PvE would be my thing, which it isn't.

T

tripitaka

Co-op

Given the amount of People that went accross to the PVP server when it opened... yes. good idea for a co-op

BUT..

Now look at how many are playing on the PVP server....

roughyl 300 max logged in at any one time...

You think its worth the time / money spent on server n equipment to have an active Co-op server?

In answer to your question, yes i'd personally like to give it a try, but it won't happen in the near future.

E

Edaudric

On the Co-Op server your character wont go bankrupt. You wont get killed by someone just because they see you.

The Co-Ops server is so much different than the PvP server.

O

old.Lianuchta

Highest on Camlann on I saw last night was 587 at about 9pm. This is not a full server by any means, but I wouldn't call it empty by any means.

As for closing PvP and moving people off it to any server they chose,thanks but no thanks. My guild consists of Hib, Alb and mid chars, how are we going to move?

As for coop server, don't get me wrong, but the word boring springs to mind. You can have dungeon raids on Camlann too with mixed teams.

Yes PvP is fairly harsh to start off fresh, but get a guild, xp in far off places and you should ahve no problem levelling.

N

Ninth Dimension

Originally posted by Edaudric
http://www.petitiononline.com/coopdaoc/petition.html

There's a petition about it.
nice petition, is doing better than mine did (check my sig).

TBH, a co-op server would be great, i'm not all that taken with RvR, it's nothing but one mass zerg with no end, a coop server however would enable me to fully explore all 3 realms and have a good old look arround :)

E

edoa

=) !!!

I want a co-op but even better would be if all races could be all classes to. And the idea about having the frontiers the same as now is great. Ive always wanted a hib char but just cant stand the silly graphic and names in hibernia, so now I would be able to xp in mid or alb with alot of areas to hunt and solo at and when I want I can go and RvR against the other realms/recentgroupmatess =).

TROLL ARMSMAN WITH SLASH POLE, PLATE AND 35 QUICK FOREVER =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom