Do you suck or are you l33t?

T

Tenko

I suck at PS I really do!

I'm utterly crap at FPS games and always have been which is a shame because I love the whole idea of team based squad combat.

I've never played UT or CS online because I'd need therapy afterwards and I could only complete Serious Sam on the tourist dificulty setting.

But I LOVE PS (when it works, but thats a different thread:p).

I am, and always have been a frickin wiz at driving and flight sim games so when the lag is not too bad I can own virtually anyone in the air. If peeps need to go somewhere then I'm more than willing to get out a sunderer and enter the Paris to Dakar Dropship Terminal Rally.

And I finally found something else, a real noobs toy. This thing is truelly wicked as the most terminally messed up FPS player can get one kill (before you run out of ammo :p) with it.

The Rocklett launcher!

Now does anyone else want to tell me...

Are you l33t? Do you take down whole squads with a knife and agile armour? :p

Or do you suck? Do you rack up xp/Grief points on a 1/4 ratio? Does your Vanguard get taken out by passing chipmunks and loose gravel or did you come last in the shooting contest with Stevie Wonder, David Blunkett and David Blunkett's dog?

D

Deadmanwalking

I have to say it does depend... some times i have been known to kill vast hordes down to even my knife. For me it depends on the type of combat. I much much prefer outdoor medium range combat and this is where i can rack up kills.

As im an adv medic atm i spend most of my time fighting my way into places to revive ppl.

Other cases i have been severely owned by someone i should have knifed :rolleyes:

REALLY crowded indoor combat isn't my thing as i feel after a certain number of people its just spam (espec vs TR).
So overall it comes down to where im fighting... open plains, outside around bases im sorted. Close indoor cramped ill leave that to the grenade whores :)

O

old.Trine Aquavit

I completely suck, but that doesn't get in the way of me having a good time :D

I have no FPS skills whatsoever - the whole Doom, Quake, Half-Like, Counter-Strike revolution passed me by without me ever taking any real interest.

In PS I tend to die.

Lots.

And then again for good measure.

It gets to the stage where I just hope that my squad don't notice that I've died again. I figure that they're either too busy or too polite to point it out.

I generally play as an infil, and don't bother packing a weapon other than my knife and a stack of ACE's or, if I'm feeling in a suicide bomber mood, some grenades (I usually end up blowing myself up).

I think I've killed about 3 people with a gun (when I used to use the NC shotgun pistol thing). I don't think I've killed anyone with a gun at any sort of range. My kills have mostly come from boomers and at knife point. Most of the time I run around trying to heal/repair those that do a better job of killing than I do. I figure that I can at least earn some sort of share of my squad's XP.

I have fun, though, and that's what counts :)

C

CAC

the only issue i have with indoor fighting is when people seem to insist on jumping infront of me to hijack my kill and give me half a dozen grief points at the same time (allthough it does seem to happen with outdoor combat occasionally too):wall:

sooner or later im going to end up on a mission to take out as many of the tards doing that as i can:twak:

J

Jupitus

I suck.

I mean, I suck bigtime

But then, PS is a game where even the suckiest of folks can help out, perhaps doing an ANT run or driving a bus or something, so I still enjoy it.

Sometimes I manage to get a few kills and I feel great, other times I die alot and laugh :)

More practice required, I think my report would say ;)

S

Summo

I suck. :(

Day of Defeat is my default game, and I'm not bad at it. There are better people, but I'm generally 'Good', one up from 'Above Average'. In Battlefield 1942 I do okay. My point is I'm no stranger to FPS's and once I get to grips with them I'm a competant player.

In PS, I'm dead chuffed if I manage to kill anyone. It's a real event. I honestly don't know why, but usually I fire at people long and hard (easing off the trigger every few rounds to let my cone-of-fire settle) but they just don't die.

My favourite weapon at the moment is the Punisher simply because it has that green goop as secondary fire that explodes near people and sticks to them, meaning I can fire and hide while they continue to lose health.

Just about to spec in Heavy Assault in the hope that it makes a difference. If it doesn't I'll be back volunteering for ANT runs. :(

S

Scooba Da Bass

HA will make a difference, the Lasher is quite insanely good.

S

SilverHood

can fight at *very* long ranges

or *very close range*

everything in between is a black area for me :)

G

Gewny

I have been and will prolly always be a great close combat guy, I have taken on 3 enemy max´s indoors with mine several times, but on the outside, the longer the range to worse I suck :)

I do however consider myself to be an above average driver/pilot :) I hope I am right...

M

morrigun

I suck mostly,but got my first knife kill today, playing on konried. I was like a mad person,hacking and slashing all over the place to stop the guy from shooting me!
Turret guns are good for easy kills, and I'm becoming a "Support Slacker", which is unfortunate, because I really do want to get killing peeps to get xp

O

old.shotgunstow

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
i killed a person with a like machine gun thing yesterday using just my knife, was totally out of ammo for everything, so jumped down on top of them from the top of a base and knifed them. i nearly came with my utter, utter uberness.

karam for president :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I am relatively ok with a Falcon MAX... but I hate how cumbersome MAX' are.

Gauss rifle for teh win. :D
I actually killed about eight Terrans with my UncleSick alt earlier - pure Gauss, baby.

Shotgun sucks, too as long as you don't press the barrel against someone's spine.

F

Faeldawn

Im pretty good at fps games, always have been ever since Doom :)

But im not pretentious (or sad) enough to pretent to be 1337 :)

O

old.ivan

I have good streaks and bad streaks.. for some reason i am not consistent in killing. Mainly its due to the following : i get mobbed, i get pushed downstairs by friendly, i get blocked... i lag. By no means i am leet, dont even know what the word means exactly, only a vague idea.
Although gotta say that im yet to be outsniped in a sniper duel.

R

Rigon-Noir-

Good days and bad days like everyone else i guess

I've played a few FPS games (CS/BF1924/Veitcong) but tbh, apart from having maybe a litle more instinct with the movement and reflexes of my char, i don't see having previous experience in them as a massive advantage in PS.

Noir BR10 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

J

Jupitus

ooo Hello Noir - you got me a good 'un last night :)

G

g0ldenbone

Better outside that inside, thats for sure. I've got all 3 MAX specs and you can inflict serious terror by picking yer sprint and jump routines carefully.

And like most, I blow hot and cold. I was playing the NS AV max on one of the american servers the other day and broke a deadlock at a bridge almost single handedly, felt like a hero :). But then last night, got killed so many times I'd lost count in the space of half an hour.

With so many people playing, circumstances can take you down, even when you're in good form.

But then, thats war for you.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I suck...a lot.

I am pretty handy with the old sniper rifle but when someone does the sneaky 'run at me with guns blazing' tactic I am pretty much fucked. The machine pistol has saved my butt on numerous occassions though.

R

Rigon-Noir-

lol Jupitus, that must definatly have been a good day for me then :D

wasn't sure if it was the same Jupitus or not, anyway, now i know, makes up for many many Alb kills on my poor gimpy thane.
Saw you tonight as well, i've got to ask, tell me you were afk and not trying to change the tyre on that harraser :p

Noir BR10 Adv Hack/Infil/Reaver/AMS
Rigon BR6 Spec Assault/Eng

Serving WRK and The Vanu Sovereignty

J

Jupitus

Lagged I expect :) happens alot - drive a fast vehicle into a big fight and my poor 56k takes ages trying to load the local info so I get a 4 sec ping phase and cant do anything :(

Oops.... no... errr... yes... I was trying to change the tyre.......

Noooo.... I was AFK... of course I was!!!!!! ;)

B

bone_idle

I'm an average player. I have good days and bad days. I prefer being more of the support type of player. Galaxy flying & engi type.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Load up Phoenix, pick something big and tanky looking. Press Fire. Even I can do that. Well sometimes. Apologies to our side for barbequing most of them at various times.

I don't have squadmates - I have Potential Grief Points.

Standing around with what is basically a big drainpipe though the number of grannies that walk up to me and swat me easily is quite frightening. It doesn't even make a decent club :D

R

Roo Stercogburn

I waved but my default chat was on outfit and I was kinda in a hurry myself. Still had a couple of rockets left in a Decimator that were looking for a new home :)

X

Xtro

I do ok, I've an FPS background that helps. I don't get in the thick of it that much tbh, I tend to sit on the nearest hill with my Phoenix ready, overlooking the base whilst directing 2 squads atm.

Recently teamed up with RandomIce and Mega to do vangard runs and that's been a hell of a laugh.

I like getting close and personal though sometimes belting out plasma grenades ;)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I finally got a hang of the grenade chucking... the problem is: my fellow players.

I used to play MoH:AA and just loved the grenade tossing - approach a flight of stairs, you don't know if there is an enemy hiding somewhere - three potatoe mashers flying down the stairs.. hopefully some death yelps.

PS - you hold the grenade, it's already armed - you are ready to throw it down around that corner. You just know there is an egg headed Vanu there, ready to blast you to smithereens.

You throw the grenade.

Three idiots rush by to get that elusive kill.

I end up with griefpoints. :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom