Do you keep getting disconnected too?

O

old.Atomiser

Hi,
Since the new patch, and the patched patch, I keep getting disconnected with weird error messages, every few minutes when playing normal HL DM. This happens on the Barrysworld, and Demon, and other servers too, and has done so ever since the new patch came out. I got so fed up with it, that I stopped playing for a couple of months to see if things would get better (server side), but apparently not!
The errors I'm getting are svc_bad, bad protocol, illegal msg, or bad_msg etc etc.
I've been in touch with one of the guys at Valve, who seems to think it's a server problem, but I think it's probably just bugs in the patch still. Funny thing is, that it doesn't seem to affect everybody, and I've heard that some people actually LIKE the new patch! This never used to happen with the earlier patches, and the 1016 one was a dream to play (if the packet loss wasn't too bad...or you were an LPB!!).
Is anyone else getting this problem too?? It's driving me crazy. Before anyone asks I'm using the latest drivers for everything on the PC, and I've re-installed loads of times.
BTW using Voodoo 3 3000, P3 450, 128Mb, SBLive (EAX disabled), 20.5 GB IBM h/d, and use -dev -console -toconsole -heapsize 64000 as the shortcut.
Anyone else suffering?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom