Do you have a problem?

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
so far you given a pretty shit reason why french people are bad... coz they speak their own language *like you* they attack people *like you* and some shit to do with the government about Paris Mcshit or wotever....

i advise you racists wankers to shut up....

Tilda

Athinz said:
so far you given a pretty shit reason why french people are bad... coz they speak their own language *like you* they attack people *like you* and some shit to do with the government about Paris Mcshit or wotever....

Athinz, I hope I have made it clear to the more xenophobic members of our community that this will not be tolerated and people will be banned unless their discussions remain civil.
Comming here and doing what looks like from my perspective shouting and flaming, though, will do little to help anything.
Personally I dont have a problem with french people, as HaveMe posted in the other thread;

HaveMe said:
You want to know why french or german use more often their own language instead of english ? It's just because of their number. There are a lot of french and german in camlann. It gives them the feeling that a lot of people can understand their own language so they often dont make the effort to speak english.

But, there are some finnish or swedish posting here and playing in camlann right? in camlann they are few in number but believe me if they were 50% swedish or finish or whatever ( no matter ) you will see a lot of swedish or finnish on /b chat in camlann... i mean it's not a question of folk but only of number.

Every people with the feeling of being majority would do the same. If english were majority on a french/german server they would simply act the same way.

Some of you here should open your eyes a bit and see that hate has no frontier...

... as love and friendship :fluffle:
I agree with this, and we have proven it correct by our (the general english/FH playerbase) to be correct, in that, when servers go down and we all go to play on a french server, nobody speaks much french.

I understand that camlann is a PK server, tempers flair and people get cross, perhaps the most effective way to insult someone is to curse at them in your home tongue?!
In addition, I can see that if I was a crafter on Camlann, i'd probably either broadcast in all 3 languages or in the most used one. Although Camlann is refered to as the English server, it has a community of players from all 3 language bases and thus I dont see it as unreasonable for people to speak in all 3 languages.
Think of it this way, Each language base, sees "unreadable" messages from the other 2. Everybody has to deal with it, in 1 of two ways, either ignore it, or learn the language so you can understand it.

In my own breif trip into Camlann the french people who I spoke to (normally in french first, then english) spoke french, and then english politley and well.
Ok, im willing to admit that there may be bad sides to every community, however, ranting and flaming will do little to stop this.

To the people from the french boards; Yes I posted there earlier, I hope it made sense ;)

To the english camlann-ites; Every community has its downside, its idiots and fools, please dont be ours. There are enough things happening in real life to make people disrespect the english, we dont need xenophbic children making us look worse.

Tilda

Athinz

Fledgling Freddie
thanks for agree'ing with me, but still the people saying frenchies etc and taking piss get on my nerves as i am half french.... i rather they called em french people or summin...

i got bullied at school for being french... cud be jealousy or just plain idiots who r bored...

dont want people to be idiots again

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
Athinz said:

r u fishing for a fight ?

Tinneth

One of Freddy's beloved
Athinz said:
er...wots this gotta to with anything?
It has alot to do , as u come crashing into the forums calling us ''wanker'' , For not as such likeing ppl who play on camlann , who do not speak english , in this case french , but , is camlann not ment to be an '' english'' server ,
Not saying french or german shud not be there, I have alot of german m8s, and have a french aunt-in-law, But they shud learn to speak the servers language,Wud be like Yepy going to avalon and u whining about him not be able to speak french :twak:

as u see i cannot write english properly x-D , and i am irish , excuse my spelling , i type to fast for my own good :-P

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tbh im getting sick of these arguments over french ppl, whoever the admin are close all of these threads....even better delete them

its getting to the stage a french guy comes here moaning, sounds like he is a bd and cant understand why no one likes him etc. ok we flame but they in our eyes deserve half of it.

this is tiring and filling up teh forum lets just get rid of it....come on admin you see this is pointless threads do us a huge favour and moderate these threads i.e. delete/close before they go out of hand

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:
filling up teh forum

lol, says you m8r :D

But i agree, i think we all get the point. And obviously the french couldn't care less, so why even bother talking about it.

Marc

FH is my second home
Bahumat said:
tbh im getting sick of these arguments over french ppl, whoever the admin are close all of these threads....even better delete them

its getting to the stage a french guy comes here moaning, sounds like he is a bd and cant understand why no one likes him etc. ok we flame but they in our eyes deserve half of it.

this is tiring and filling up teh forum lets just get rid of it....come on admin you see this is pointless threads do us a huge favour and moderate these threads i.e. delete/close before they go out of hand

Lol Bahumat whining about pointless threads.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
Just on a small side note;

The german and french players usually talk in their native language indeed because they are with larger numbers on camlann. However, there's not much around who of them don't speak english. To see the other way, NO english person i've ever met can talk another language besides his/her own. < says something about the mentality there... Atleast the french & german try :)

Also, the hatred is coming from the waijn after you killed some /level 20 with free gear noob. They cry, but aslong as you do fair fights noone will cry. And even the english cry there.. all do :p

Kaj

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
Just on a small side note;

The german and french players usually talk in their native language indeed because they are with larger numbers on camlann. However, there's not much around who of them don't speak english. To see the other way, NO english person i've ever met can talk another language besides his/her own. < says something about the mentality there... Atleast the french & german try :)

Also, the hatred is coming from the waijn after you killed some /level 20 with free gear noob. They cry, but aslong as you do fair fights noone will cry. And even the english cry there.. all do :p

First of all, thats not the point mate. The point is that English just happen to be the internationall language and thats what we are suposed to speak to communicate. Second of all, i speak 4 languages but i still speak English because what i jut said.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Marc said:
Lol Bahumat whining about pointless threads.
no not a pointless thread, its a thread where it will just caryy on hence may as well delete it as it does not lead to anything.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
no not a pointless thread, its a thread where it will just caryy on hence may as well delete it as it does not lead to anything.

Nedo

Fledgling Freddie
We been trying to play a bit on a german server with a few friends. I talk quite bad german even though I understand most of it due to studying it in school ages ago.

When getting sends on german we allways try to explain in english that we are not german and dont really understand the language to good we just try to have fun in Daoc and its not 3 english servers with RvR. So far not 1 single german has said something stupid, they either just swap to english and talk it as good as a silly swede like me, or they explain that their english is bad but they will try to use it. So its a matter of attitude to 90% treat someone nice and get treated nice back.

I am 100% sure most of french/german/spanish/italian players on server know english good enough to at least use it on /b. There is a reason that GOA made PvP in english and not german/french right? From getting whined at for not using english to calling that whine racism is very far imo......

Miss the smilie for grouphug that we have on <Fear> board. if not Id use it. Including ze frenchies in the hug ;)

B

Ballad

Tilda said:
Athinz, I hope I have made it clear to the more xenophobic members of our community that this will not be tolerated and people will be banned unless their discussions remain civil.
Comming here and doing what looks like from my perspective shouting and flaming, though, will do little to help anything.
Personally I dont have a problem with french people, as HaveMe posted in the other thread;

I agree with this, and we have proven it correct by our (the general english/FH playerbase) to be correct, in that, when servers go down and we all go to play on a french server, nobody speaks much french.

I understand that camlann is a PK server, tempers flair and people get cross, perhaps the most effective way to insult someone is to curse at them in your home tongue?!
In addition, I can see that if I was a crafter on Camlann, i'd probably either broadcast in all 3 languages or in the most used one. Although Camlann is refered to as the English server, it has a community of players from all 3 language bases and thus I dont see it as unreasonable for people to speak in all 3 languages.
Think of it this way, Each language base, sees "unreadable" messages from the other 2. Everybody has to deal with it, in 1 of two ways, either ignore it, or learn the language so you can understand it.

In my own breif trip into Camlann the french people who I spoke to (normally in french first, then english) spoke french, and then english politley and well.
Ok, im willing to admit that there may be bad sides to every community, however, ranting and flaming will do little to stop this.

To the people from the french boards; Yes I posted there earlier, I hope it made sense ;)

To the english camlann-ites; Every community has its downside, its idiots and fools, please dont be ours. There are enough things happening in real life to make people disrespect the english, we dont need xenophbic children making us look worse.

Tilda
Give - us - a - trading - forum - please

Tilda

Ballad said:
Give - us - a - trading - forum - please
If you bothered to read moo's threads, its in the pipe line so cut out the requests in every thread now please its getting tiresome.

B

Ballad

Tilda said:
If you bothered to read moo's threads, its in the pipe line so cut out the requests in every thread now please its getting tiresome.
Just wanted to off-topic this thread.

No need to ban me for it. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom