Question Do you get "gamer numbness"?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Those who do, probably know what i mean.

You fire up Battlefield(or some such), start hitting the ground, shooting things, etc etc and when you stop to gt a drink, smoke, or even "gosh" something to eat, you have this full-body numb feel. Sometimes even after an hour or so of intense combat(or other stuff).

Dry mouth, muscles don't really know how to operate etc :D

Anyone else who experiences this "nerd numb" thing?

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Gaming turns you into a zombie!

Im not sure, i get numbness in my arms after too much pc use but thats down to ris.

when I used to do allnighter gaming sessions at LAN parties, I would literally become a zombie. No tiredness, just a tendancy to dribble

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
FH Dr says:
Doctor%20Halloween%20Costume%20for%20Kids.jpg

You are clearly a pussy, and cannot take a bit of manly gaming.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Nope, if anything its the opposite.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Clearly you people don't game enough :eek:

Well apart from Thad who is the same :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
well I must say that after 8 hours of constant Civ IV, I will be wishing I had a different chair, but that's about it :)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Hmm, seems them land lubbers be thinking the numbness be meaning me be pining fer the davy jones' locker or they be sailing with monster stash of food, drink and other booty by their ships! :lol:

fl3a

Can't get enough of FH
ive had gamer numbness once, that was when i was playing diablo 2 in lan and i was sitting on the floor with my computer also on the floor, for like 14 hours straight. then i slept on some ethernet cables for a couple of hours. i felt sore and numb. then we got drunk and played for like 4 more hours until our assassin died (hardcore mode) and we quit.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I get wankers numbness

Oo too much 'sleeping beauty' Fett?

ive had gamer numbness once, that was when i was playing diablo 2 in lan and i was sitting on the floor with my computer also on the floor, for like 14 hours straight. then i slept on some ethernet cables for a couple of hours. i felt sore and numb. then we got drunk and played for like 4 more hours until our assassin died (hardcore mode) and we quit.

And the moral of the story is, don't play a flimsy assassin on HC.

No Toht, can't say I've had full body numbness. Being in the gamers chair annoys me for long periods as it did on long DAoC raids, but I'm playing WO atm so it's there's no long stints anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom