Do we play this game...

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
... because the game itself is fun ?
or because the community around it makes it fun ?
or because we like mmorgs but there's no real alternative yet ?

Sometimes when camping HTK in Odin's I wonder why I do this... Staring at a door to open hoping a soloer comes out... Sometimes 15+ mins doing absolutely nothing but reading FH and the boring gratz posts...

I think the community makes it fun. The game itself also has it's value, but after almost 3 years of playing, the "mystiqe" is gone.

How about u ?

(btw, Im camping HTK just now ;))

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
It's not "we", it's "you".

Everyone plays this game for his/her own enjoyment, be it PvE/RvR, artifact hunting, doing ML's, taking keeps, zerging emain, visiting zones you never bothered with before, trying to set a speedrecord running from Snowdonia to Lyonnese, etc.

If people don't play the game for fun, or don't get any fun out of it anymore, then why continue playing..?

Ormorof

FH is my second home
If people don't play the game for fun, or don't get any fun out of it anymore, then why continue playing..?

because they get fun from the community? :p

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
I've been in and out of Dark Age of Camelot ever since it was released in the United States. I'm not sure why I keep coming back, but I think it is to do with the RvR side of Dark Age of Camelot.

No other MMORPG has come up with anything better. Most of the new MMORPG's look better graphic wise and maybe have more content, but it doesn't beat the gameplay of Dark Age of Camelot.

That is just my opinion.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
No other MMORPG has come up with anything better. Most of the new MMORPG's look better graphic wise and maybe have more content, but it doesn't beat the gameplay of Dark Age of Camelot.

That is just my opinion.[/QUOTE]

I bet the new mmorpg's get the bugs fixed a bit quicker though :D
And balance, pity really bcoz i love Daoc , mainly cos of the time/style setting its in, but i wouldnt consider it Fun anymore RvR wise, too one sided in the favour of a certain realm, but i played since day 1 or 2 of euro release so im going to stick it out to NF and see how much they balls it up again. Im hoping its good <Really dont like the idea of catacombs adding yet another class to albion though>.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom