Do SM Artis/Items ever need repairing?

illu

Part of the furniture
I don't think I have many items with +casting/darkness on them, so in theory, can everything be left to go to 70%?

Also later on do I need to try and get +as much as poss to things like darkness or summoning or supp or do they not matter much?

Oli - Illu

islef

Loyal Freddie
You do not need to repair stuff with no + to skills.

As for getting as much +dark summ etc..
Once you get above 50 total (47+3 etc) more points spent will have next to no effect at all. But the only thing it affects is the varience on dmg dealing spells, once you hit 50 you should hit for your max dmg everytime. It will not affect how often spells are resisted and so on. (not to my tiny knowledge anyway).
So in my oppinion just cap whatever line holds your primary dmg dealing spells, if you have 47 dark get those extra +3.

Little example from my runie:
My primary dmg is my baseline dark nuke, this is used in combination with my lvl 48 cold debuff, so my spec is 48rc/22dark/11sup. If i had no points from template in dark i would experience a huuuge varience in the dmg, so i threw all points in darkness instead of rc or supp since this is where my dmg is coming from, but because i need the debuff im still specced low in this line.

Hope this made some sort of sense.

/isle

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Jewelry with no +skills on can ALWAYS be left to go to 70% con on any character.

Staffs lose their +focus abilities when decaying, so your staff will need repairing.
Same for weapons on tanks.

Armour will lose AF+absorb I believe when decaying.. Since cloth armour has zero absorb anyway then you can ignore the fact your losing this. I believe you also lose AF however if you have a base AF buff then you may well overcap your base AF value, meaning that you may well be able to lose some of this without it effecting you.. best way is to check your AF value with everything at 100%, then repair stuff if this value starts decreasing.

Anything with +skills on it will need repairing, regardless of what it is.

As a summon SM you should find you almost never get hit, your pet takes all the damage.. so the only thing that will ever really decay is your staff.

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
illu said:
I don't think I have many items with +casting/darkness on them, so in theory, can everything be left to go to 70%?

Also later on do I need to try and get +as much as poss to things like darkness or summoning or supp or do they not matter much?

Oli - Illu
Always repair your armor as it will lower your AF. Staff losing con will reduce the effect of the focus it gives, hence make you use more power per spell. Else as said, only repair jewlery/staff with + to skill.

Bistrup666

Loyal Freddie
Golena said:
Jewelry with no +skills on can ALWAYS be left to go to 70% con on any character.

Staffs lose their +focus abilities when decaying, so your staff will need repairing.
Same for weapons on tanks.

Armour will lose AF+absorb I believe when decaying.. Since cloth armour has zero absorb anyway then you can ignore the fact your losing this. I believe you also lose AF however if you have a base AF buff then you may well overcap your base AF value, meaning that you may well be able to lose some of this without it effecting you.. best way is to check your AF value with everything at 100%, then repair stuff if this value starts decreasing.

Anything with +skills on it will need repairing, regardless of what it is.

As a summon SM you should find you almost never get hit, your pet takes all the damage.. so the only thing that will ever really decay is your staff.

Nice info, but mid casters can't have base AF up cause it overwrites the self cast AF buff. thats why alb casters run with ~100 more AF then mid that don't use AF charges :drink:

Bistrup666 said:
Nice info, but mid casters can't have base AF up cause it overwrites the self cast AF buff. thats why alb casters run with ~100 more AF then mid that don't use AF charges :drink:

It's the same with all realms :p No caster with their abs buff up can have a base af effective on them, only a spec af buff ^^

islef

Loyal Freddie
Yes but albs have spec AF on buffbots.... Mids have to run around juggling with charge timers etcetc (basicly a QQ :p )

islef said:
Yes but albs have spec AF on buffbots.... Mids have to run around juggling with charge timers etcetc (basicly a QQ :p )

Yep, but hey, at least you get a end buff if you stick you're bot to you! ^^

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Samaroon|Terracotta said:
Yep, but hey, at least you get a end buff if you stick you're bot to you! ^^

Yep, but hey, at least you get DI if you stick you're bot to you! ^^

QQ more please :m00:

illu

Part of the furniture
k thanks for the replies. I'll repair my staff next time I play, and check the other items out. I think I'll wait till 1.84 (half-price arti repairs) for some of the other repairs, hopefully that will be incoming soon!

Oli - Illu

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom