Division 3 Tables

A

-A*Doc

I know it's a hard thing to keep something with this magnitude running smoth, but i must ask this, were are the scores and tables update for all division 3.
It's 2 weeks since the last update now, and still no updates.
Come on, we might not be the best in the world ;) but i think everyone should be treated with respect :D

Thanks

D

darft_faul

I posted about this a while back here, and received assurance from BigBB that Psychotic would sort it out, but you're quite right, it hasn't got any better.
:(

B

bigbb

Quite right. It's poor atm really and something that was just about sorted this week. Unfortunately, Monday's results have been emailed to the blokey who was updating results, instead of being directly updated (as is now the plan) so as soon as those are chased up, tables will can be updated.

If only we had completely automated results :( I've been lending my hand to sort this tonight, with any luck.

O

old.X3M.Lake

Sounds like a lot of work to me, but I'm wondering why bwrtcwl doesn't use a simple script (don't know about asp, but I know it very easy to make such a thing in php) which automaticly adjusts the tables

B

bigbb

The web site is managed with Neville, which is a system of entering content into the webby, but that's simply that, content. The clans page is one of the few pages that is tied to an automated BW system, which relates to teams and membership on the BW site. There is actually the basis for a completely automated system for everything, from fixtures to tables in the future. But, because leagues don't produce any direct income for BW it's ever lower on the to-do list for the techies.

M

Mr.PsYcHoTiC

Updated

Sorry about the lateness of the tables, they will get better, I promise :)
Its that time of year when exams take priority over online life and since I became an admin I have had a serious increase of commitments in real life, which means I have less opportunites to update the tables.
Another problem is with the system itself, it works on a "pass the bucket" idea. The results are collected by someone, they are emailed to someone else, he updates the results page, I then do the tables from what is on there. Therefore sometimes by the time I get the results to do the tables its nearing the end of the week and I over the weekends I basically have no time to myself.
Hopefully it should get better, but please bear with me :eek:

PsYcHoTiC

BWRTCWL Admin
BWRTCWL Table Updater
BW Public Server Admin

B

bigbb

Head admins have now got everything ready to update results on the night itself. So hopefully that'll clear up some of the time delay. Psychotic has worked hard on teh tables though, had to start from scratch not so long ago. In Psychotic we trust.

O

old.fragba1t

1st season in any league is a lil rough, wait untill next season, everything will be alright!!!

Users who are viewing this thread