Discussion: Is sex in general overrated/overused/overexaggerated

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Discussion time people. Am fed up with shitty 'i r give you a link and you post lmao' type threads so I thought i'd bring discussion timee to you all.

The discussion for today is:

Is sex in general overrated/overused/overexaggerated?

I am refering to mainly the hype regarding sex in general within the media, television, person to person (including the well known phrase 'are you a virgin?') and ofcourse the sex itself.

Do us humans overexaggerate it to extreme limits? Is the media right in using it as a selling point? Do you think it is hyped up too much for what it actually means. Afterall, it is a pleasureable activity, something DAoC, football, food etc. can all be related to.

The idea of this post isn't to follow a strict question but to release feelings, thoughts and views.

I will add my view in a moment, after I have had a cup of tea ^^

/Discuss

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Both yes and no. Sex by itself in general is overrated. I can easily go 8-10~ months without sex. Making love on the other hand, now thats the most beautiful experience you can get.
I'm not very good at explaining stuff like this, but I'm sure people understand.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
A quick meaningless shag is just relief of sexual tension, having a wank achieves the same thing and costs alot less :p

Now actually making love with the right person, definately not overrated but it isn't that often that will meet someone like that so you end up settling for distinctly average sex which is little better than a hand job but alot more time consuming and frustrating.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
cHodAX said:
A quick meaningless shag is just relief of sexual tension, having a wank achieves the same thing and costs alot less :p

Now actually making love with the right person, definately not overrated but it isn't that often that will meet someone like that so you end up settling for distinctly average sex which is little better than a hand job but alot more time consuming and frustrating.
ofc depends who it is with, general sex can still happen with gf, and then there's the rare making love shizzle with gf as well (if the moment is right, you'll feel that it is making love etc). but the general is, for me, always better than wanking.
Sex is overused in the media, and to some extend overexaggerated, but never overrated as its the foundation of our civilisation (or used to be, now you can artificial inpregnate (spelling?) a woman)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
sexor with the right person is good shit.

no sexor is good shit.

in the media, i couldnt give a shit about it. it doesnt make me want to buy something because sex is used somewhere in its promotion. it also doesnt put me off.

i dont think its over used or exagerated. it sells to the people it sells to and thats it.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
tris- said:
sexor with the right person is good shit.

no sexor is good shit.

in the media, i couldnt give a shit about it. it doesnt make me want to buy something because sex is used somewhere in its promotion. it also doesnt put me off.

i dont think its over used or exagerated. it sells to the people it sells to and thats it.
in dk we've had some commercials with nakkid boobs, made feminists go berserk iirc. sexual appeal is overused when the public complains (i for one, also found it repulsive)

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
well in order to survive, we must have sex. Therfor nature has given us orgasm, so we enjoy to have it.

People use sex/sexual oriented material in media, because then more people will watch it, because their brain connect that to "survival" If a guy se a comersial with a hot girl, he think "if i do that i get a girl like that" His brain says "if i do this I ensure the survival of my people". (not saying that I or anyone here think like that, but thats the "Idea" behind it)

I dont think there is anything wrong with sex, unless its rape or any other way of sexual assualt. We do it to survive and we enjoy it.

I think people using sex related comersials are smart because they relay on the "surviving instinct" witch is very logical something people what to do.
If people dont like sex related material in the media.... Dont watch it...

imo cheating is a very bad thing but that is private from couple to couple and if someone can live with that thats none of my business.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Bugz said:
Do you think it is hyped up too much for what it actually means. Afterall, it is a pleasureable activity, something DAoC, football, food etc. can all be related to.

I'm pretty sure anyone who is with someone they really really like, or love for that matter. They will look at that sentence and laugh...

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Bahumat said:
I'm pretty sure anyone who is with someone they really really like, or love for that matter. They will look at that sentence and laugh...

rofl i didnt look at it that way.

guy -"hey babezor wanna have sex?"

chick - "nope im off to paint my nails with the girls, its basically the same thing"

guy - "oh ok, i'll go play scalectrix in the loft then"

:touch:

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:

chick - "nope im off to paint my nails with the girls, its basically the same thing"

rofl :> thats brilliant!

but more on topic, a shag with a bird you barely know but are attracted to is great at the time but i allways feel a bit down afterwards. dont know why guess thats just life.

but sex with someone you love, is just amazing without saying a word ye both know its there, fucked up and a bit hard to explain but hey ! roxxor :>

and the latter is better because everything just seems more amazing, + i dont feel depressed after!

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I'd never have sex in general, im an OT kinda guy!

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tris- said:

lol no wonder she said no..

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I think sex has become a marketable commodity, and you're much more assaulted with it by the media day in day out than you were say 10 years ago (i.e. when I was 14 and sex was all I could think about).

Sex itself is overrated, the impression the media gives is that everyone's at it, and if you're not then there must be something wrong with you (an opinion also found in school playgrounds tbh).

Good sex however, with the right person for the right reasons is almost completely ignored, yet this should be of the most important things in peoples' life. Its an odd thing sex, and I have slightly fucked-up (if you excuse the pun) ideas/feelings about it, partly because of what I've gone through in the past year and who I've gone through it with. A while ago I was pretty ill, and couldn't have sex, and was perfectly happy to not have sex for the rest of my life pretty much, thats how bad it was. But I realised something was missing from my relationship, and more than just the release of sexual tension. Good, close sex is one of the most important parts of a relationship, but even this is overhyped and spoiled by the media.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Borat.jpg

Borat said:
You think maybe Blair is a man who take off his clothes and let his khram go hard and put in a man’s bottom?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I'm personally a sexoholic

I love everything about it and i cant even go to the pub for a quick pint without chatting someone up. I hate not having someone around and even if i go to a friends house and there is someone there (doesnt even need to be that good looking) i will chat them up.

It probably is my biggest vice that i simply cant enjoy life without thinking about someone. So in my life its not overhyped cause i need it in my life or i am miserable

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom