Dirty nature druids

Katsuki

Fledgling Freddie
Heya, just a quick question to anyone who's looking, what's the general acceptance of nature druids in RvR? Are they dirty things that no-one in their right mind would group with, or a helpful group member, these days? I've only just started playing again since they made buffbots obsolete.

Danke danke!
Katsuki, strength of hibernia.

Deena

Fledgling Freddie
My bro plays a reg/NA druid and ppl often dont want him in random groups..
All they want is a reg/nurt druid who can do some specs.

In a fixed with 2 druids its nice to have alongside a nurt one. In a random rvr group ppl tend to not take the NA druid (unless ofcourse they really need a druid).

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
nature druids with a lvl 32 convoked pet roxxors :pp

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
find a solo target in rvr and a nature druid will own it..

notice the solo target bit ;) we fighting scouts and mids who aint quit to make scouts, so we kinda need healers/rezzers...

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Theres arguably one slot for a nature/reg druid in every hib rvr group.

I dont know how you could play one getting all that 'buff meh plz' crap every day and having to explain that your nature about 3 times before people understand :)

Megan

Fledgling Freddie
Started out full nature, very good at soloing. But, when you are asked to join groups people expect buffs and specs. They get very agro when you explain that you are ;) nature. So I figured, let the real tanks tank and healers heal.
:)

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
NA druids are important due to the ae roots, and a buffed ml9 druid pet can be pretty nasty...

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
A nice pet would be nice in RvR I guess, wouldn't be 1 hit, but still prob be CC'd still.

I'm no hib expert, but the lowbie root prob be nice. :p

Is 41Reg 32Nat 14Nur ok? :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
nah, if you want nature go 36/40 nat/reg or thereabouts, dont go higher reg its a waste of points and power.

but nature druids are very nice to have in groups if you play regulary with the people and you know who the other druid is

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Well, a few things makes nurture druids more wanted in group imo. First of all, the nurture druids will be specced Perfector instead of the penis-enlarger convoker spec, so you will most probably have 2 FOP available. As for the last weeks of fighting, most fights we ever have you need FOP up so if just one can provide it, it might be a bit tight if fights come close.

Second, with strong midgard teams out with good shamans that buffshear everyone, you will need quite a bit of conc for specbuffs out in the field if you dont wanna group teleport back to Ligen after a couple fights. Conc runs fast from a druid if he's supposed to spec most of the group after being sheared, and since the other druid also will be suceptable for shearing, there might be a ton of rebuffing going on.

And third, a while back EVERYONE respecced nature and we ended up at times running around with 2 nature druids in team and no resists, thats not a very pleasent situation.

In short, nurture is most wanted, and will fit in all groups, nature is more situational and depends highly on the person playing it. If he wanna concentrate on aoe rooting and DOTing stuff, odds are he'll forget to heal when its most needed.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
44 nat 31 regrowth - I just rolled a druid a few days ago and hes nearly done - this will be his final spec so U get spread heal etc and a reasonaly high nat output - I think its fine but open to other suggestions

liloe

It's my birthday today!
imho loads of strange stuff in this post:

a) I'm nature spec but I'm still perfector, even if it's only for curing my own NS

b) Teleporting is not a problem, so that can be done if really needed

c) Especially strong mid groups needs ae roots to stop the tanks once they're mezz immune

d) If someone forgets to heal cause of Rooting ( I will not mention the DoT'ing here, cause I only use that when the fight is nearly won or on theurg pets ), it's likely that he will also forget healing cause of shearing.

e) 44nat, 31reg is total bollox spec. The only thing you get at 44nat is purp dmg shield, which is completely useless. I'm 41/35 and if I didn't solo simetimes, I'd drop nature to 39 instead (and go for more whatever, mebbe nurture for emergency selfbuffs)

f) Nature druid = TEH own gainst solo scouts.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
u said bollocks :(

well that was the spec I was given but if thats all it gives then fuck it tbh -

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
Some interesting views here.

I notice that the ones that make the most sense come from people playing druids.

My lvl 50 druid Hiane is 36 nat with yellow buffs and resists and rest in reg.

Seems to cope ok in RVR with a 2 druid system.

IMO you should experiment with your druid spec to find the style that suits your play and not what everyone else wants.

If your strength is being in a constant rvr grp then spec reg/nurt but if you like to solo and occasionally rvr in grps then opt for a Nat spec.

As I keep reminding my guildies this is a Game and we play it for our own enjoyment and to have a good crack. :cheers:

Whatever you choose I look forward to fighting by your side in RVR

Hiane 50 Druid
Durrell 50 Ranger

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Ronso said:
u said bollocks :(

well that was the spec I was given but if thats all it gives then fuck it tbh -

sry if you don't like the word bollocks Ronso :( let's say: 44nature is not a very good option =))

But Durrell. reg/nat is far from being an occasional RvR spec only. Ofc I am not 100% objective here, but I think a nature druid adds a lot to a group.

Oh and smth else Ronso. I am 41nature, but if you want to be group only, then you'll want to go for 39nat max (yellow ae root, 1min dur) and put the rest in nurture in case you get sheared and want a minimum of buffs (then again, can use krojer ring, that's what I do, but it's on the item timer ofc, so interfers with arti use).

I also think an important thing as nature druids is: don't let others turn you down. I can sometimes be a hard way when people around you tell you to "finally respec to real druid".

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
Lilloe

Agree with you but just saying from my own experiance .

As a Nature druid I believe we bring a lot to the table when it comes to Grp RVR.

Just a shame some don;t :fluffle:

any way life goes on and work is almost finished so I can go home and sit at my comp again and play DEAD ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Durrell said:
any way life goes on and work is almost finished so I can go home and sit at my comp again and play DEAD ;)

haha =)) have fun =)

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
thats it - my druid is going 50 nat 1 nurt 1 reg and the rest of the points im going to leave there to look good ...like that time i respecced my chanter full enchantments and mastery of juggernaut - that was a fun day..but only a day

Durrell

Fledgling Freddie
LOl nice 1 ronso let me grp my ranger with ya when you do we will own :cheers:

Mithryn

Fledgling Freddie
Durrell said:
I could ofcourse make some funny comment about playing naturedruid from that setup .. but since its afternoon and we're all logging on soon, I wont ;)

Enjoy the evening.

angrysquirrel

Fledgling Freddie
ithil galid used to run with a reg/nurt druid and a nat/reg druid, at the end of the day it was the insta win button of the time. the nat druid would take care of anything that had purge up before the mez and the reg druid obviously erm kept everyone alive (not that anyone was taking damage as most nmes were mezzed or rooted) .

but im well out of touch with fg rvr these days so this is prolly just some irrelevant random post ive made. the point was nature dood + reg dood was better than two reg doods.

Clan Fist

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
I also think an important thing as nature druids is: don't let others turn you down. I can sometimes be a hard way when people around you tell you to "finally respec to real druid".

rofl the only real druid is a nature druid :p

not all those afk'ing SOB's hanging around ligen

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
angrysquirrel said:
ithil galid used to run with a reg/nurt druid and a nat/reg druid

I remember when he ran a bard + ranger in emain the few times I went there, too tough to beat him 1v1, almost kill one but then other would stun me or something, or heal him up. :p

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
hey ronso, not gonna train your mini dings then? clever lad..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom