Direct2Drive UK - Live Codes

Kanley

Fledgling Freddie
Has anybody who got the normal head start from D2D (UK) received there live codes yet ?

"Your code for accessing the full game will be sent to you on Wednesday 17th September."

That was today yes ?

Cheers

Kanley...

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Not yet, no. However, with the HS code you had to go into the order and click the Download button to get the code sent to I assume it's the same. I'll try that now.

Update: the keys don't seem to be available yet. The account order on;y has the HS and pre-order item keys. Guess I'll try again later.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
iirc the headstart code makes one able to play until the 22nd so not really that worried about it if it comes with a small delay... until now, everything has been extremely smoothly working with D2D

Kanley

Fledgling Freddie
iirc the headstart code makes one able to play until the 22nd so not really that worried about it if it comes with a small delay... until now, everything has been extremely smoothly working with D2D

Ayy thats a fair point :iagree:

But just because I'm not paranoid, does not mean that everybodys not out to get me :ninja:

Cheers,

Kanley...

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
That extension was only for the CE I think. Since D2D doesn't do the CE it won't apply. We will still need the retail codes to be able to play I think :(

A

Alg

The 7 day grace period applies to SE headstart.

The CE people get an extra 7 days after that due to distribution problems. Those of us with SE can still play for 7 days before we need to enter our live game code.

Iceforge

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah, also, when you start the game, on the screen on the patcher before you hit play, you can see how long your activation last, and mine sure says 20-something, almost sure it is 22nd

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Cool :) Hopefully we get the codes today though :)

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Got my D2D keys now. As said, you need to go into the 'my account' section and click the 'Download Now' link. That will then e-mail your codes to you.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Got my D2D keys now. As said, you need to go into the 'my account' section and click the 'Download Now' link. That will then e-mail your codes to you.

Thanks mate! Followed your lead and got the keys mailed within seconds. D2D sure offers decent service. I just filled out and send the registration form for the gamecodes on war-europe.com. Wonder how long it will take them to process it. No rush I know, seven days grace period and stuff, however the website still is rather responsive. Nice.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
Just FYI, the registration was confirmed just about 5 minutes after I sent it. Thats pretty quick IMO. Seems they really streamlined the registration process. Credit where credit is due.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Just FYI, the registration was confirmed just about 5 minutes after I sent it. Thats pretty quick IMO. Seems they really streamlined the registration process. Credit where credit is due.

Isn't this what they should be doing anyway?

So why is credit due? this is what they SHOULD be doing they aren't doing anything special.

dee777

Loyal Freddie
So why is credit due? this is what they SHOULD be doing they aren't doing anything special.

Credit is due, because a lot of people (me included) gave GOA some heavy flak after the not-so-open beta disaster and at least I was convinced they would fukk up the retail as well. I stand corrected and thats what I give them credit for.

I agree that this _should_ be the norm for any new game on the market, however this is not the case. Most of the recent MMORPGs could provide a reasonable amount of examples.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
I ordered my sons games from d2d and no code as yet. And they have not even replied to the suppoert question i put in 2 days ago

1st and last time i use them

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
I ordered my sons games from d2d and no code as yet. And they have not even replied to the suppoert question i put in 2 days ago

1st and last time i use them

hmm... you've gone into the account page and clicked the Download Now button? And there's no e-mail being sent?

Check the e-mail registered with your D2D account. It comes through with a NoReply address so it might be blocked by your mail host. Check the filter list on that.

The full address it comes from is 'do_not_reply@direct2drive.com'. I had the same issue with my hotmail account on my 2nd D2D account so I had to add that address to the 'allowed' list on the spam filter.

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing the people who have had success with their keys, are the headstart keys?

Because I've got those, but I'm waiting for the actual retail key.

It says in the email that contains the headstart codes that another will be sent out on the 17th with the retail key.

I'll give it the 7 days grace period and then start worrying I think!

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
I'm guessing the people who have had success with their keys, are the headstart keys?

Because I've got those, but I'm waiting for the actual retail key.

It says in the email that contains the headstart codes that another will be sent out on the 17th with the retail key.

I'll give it the 7 days grace period and then start worrying I think!
they aren't sending emails out .. you need to click the download key.

Frozenheart

Fledgling Freddie
i got 2 emails one after the other when pressing the download key, the headstart and another with the retail key.

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
i got 2 emails one after the other when pressing the download key, the headstart and another with the retail key.

Hmm, strange. Did they both come at the same time?

It's been about 45 mins since I received the headstart key.

VidX

One of Freddy's beloved
Hmm, strange. Did they both come at the same time?

It's been about 45 mins since I received the headstart key.

Yeah, they are sent at the same time, or should be.

They are also sent from the same address so if you get one you should get the other.

I'd contact the D2D support if you are getting the HS code but not the retail.

killfest

Fledgling Freddie
Just tried getting mine as well... as others have said i got 2 e-mails at the same time... one with the hs key and another one with the retail key

Trottimus

Fledgling Freddie
Just tried getting mine as well... as others have said i got 2 e-mails at the same time... one with the hs key and another one with the retail key

Ah ha! The other one just came though!

Excellent, thanks guys.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom