Ding 50 !!!

O

old.Breydel

This post was ment for the BoD forums but I don't seem to be able to log in or post there anymore so I'll just paste it in here.

Yesterday (or rather this morning :p) around 5 AM my warden on MLF finally dinged 50! I still need to do the last part of my epic armor quest but since I need 2 full groups for that I'll prolly do it this evening with some guildies and friends.

My final template has become 49 nurture, 26 regrowth, 35 blunt and 6 parry. The 26 regrowth is really nice as I now have a steady 305 HP heal which certainly isn't bad for a warden. For me 48 nurt was the minimum to get all the highest group and self buffs and the 24% spirit and body resistances. But since the saved point would only make the difference between 35 and 36 blunt I went for 49 nurt and get the 24% energy resistance as well. Warden dmg output ain't that big of a deal anyway so I'm happy to settle with 35 blunt. The 6 parry is just a dump of the leftover points.

Some stats:
- 15 days played
- 3 plat cash
- 42K RP
- 100 armorcraft

Now the following days I plan on getting my epic armor asap and start RvRing on the big scale. Also work on my tradeskill to get to 500 wood and be able to make siege weapons and repair/upgrade doors.

K

klavrynd

"grats" is all i can say . I found exping in hib alot harder then in mid and can't even succeed in getting to 50 here so in my eyes its' quite an achievement.

O

old.Vittra

50 in 15 days? Dont you have a job to go to or something? Cant understand how some ppl find the time to pull off stunts like this...

O

old.Valerik

grats m8, thats a hell of an accomplishment in my book :clap: :clap:

F

-faith-

Shesh it took me 28 days to get to 50, but I dont lvl 24/7.....that may have been my downfall :)

O

old.Wicoa

All in 15 days <shakes head and slaps himself>

Mind you I play an archer so I get told to F^*£ off all the time unless my friends or wonderful guildies are on <smiles>

Wic
Proud Member of The Order Of The Knights OF Templar

A

Aeiedil

Its stuff like that from support classes that makes me so :(

-31 days 12 hours played
-1.8 plat cash
-80k rp
-570ish fletching

Level 45

mmm yay, double the playtime

K

Keri

Shouldn't the original post be on a US server forum?

H

Hufner

He used to play on Prydwen, Keri - so he ought to be allowed to post it here ;)

Anyways, grats Breydel - nice to see you enjoying it.

S

SFXman

15 days /played... omg... sigh... crazy.
Gratz though.

S

Solid

He is playing a class that is extremely sought after on an extremely mature server with a EU prime time pop of over 2000 and with lots of peeps that are probably onto their 3rd to 4th char, with a great guild, established on the server, its not rocket science, nor is it 24/7 game addiction.

Its clever use of his play time, there are some level 50's on our server that have achieved 50 in around the same time.

Vittra, this made me laugh a bit:

50 in 15 days? Dont you have a job to go to or something? Cant understand how some ppl find the time to pull off stunts like this...

find the time? he has actually played less than most, hence the 15 days /played as opposed to the 30+ days many of us spent levelling our chars to 50

Anyway, congrats Breydel, and yup excellent speed in getting to 50, also with those rp, 80K, wow.

Must be real nice to have so many players on the server, sometimes Prydwen is so quiet, its eery.

Keep them posts on hoe the later verion of the game is shaping up, you experiences and stuff, good to hear from ya

S

SFXman

Good point Solid. Instead of doing all other thing just level level and level... if you are a sought after class and are a veteran player this can be achieved quite well.
All people DO know that the 15 days is the actual time spent in-game... not as in 15 days IRL.

S

Solid

SFXman, I am pointing out Vittra's implication that Brey played shitloads more than anyone else cos he got 50 in 15 days /played, when in fact he has played less than someone who takes more /played time to get to 50, thats all.

O

old.Breydel

Some replies...

Klavrynd,
Exping in Hibs is brutal. Compared to my skald on Midgard we have the following advantages for PvE: most of the time all people in the group are fully buffed, we have a bard for endless styling and there are more wardens than supp. runies for the bubble. Also with PBAE chanters and elds we can exp really fast. Also we have a lot of versatile classes, take the mentalist for example: he can nuke, AE nuke, give mana regen buffs, stun, mes and heal. You just don't have a class like that in Midgard.

Vittra,
I think I did roughly 2 months over it, 15 days is my ingame /played time of course. :)

Keri,
Some people here also play on US servers. The boards are open so I don't see why I can't post here. And yes I used to play on Prydwen and have a 42 skald there. Besides, this post was ment for the BoD forums in the first place.

Hiyas Hufner, long time no see. What level are you now and how's the weapon crafting going?

Solid, 42K RP, not 80K. But it's already 48K now. Mids are a bit pissed off we stole their last relic and they are now raiding in our frontier almost daily. :) Those GTAEs hurt though, for every realm :( (GTAE = the new 1.51 ground targetted AE from wizzies, runies, eldies). Yesterday a bunch of runies had their GT set on the keep door and hided somewhere deep in the keep. Some chain wearing troll was luring over the wall and saying when they should nuke. Hibs died en masse there. But the day earlier we pulled of the same stunt when the Mids assaulted nGed and we killed them with GTAEs and DOTs. But GTAE is too uber, it should require LoS to cast.

He is playing a class that is extremely sought after on an extremely mature server with a EU prime time pop of over 2000 and with lots of peeps that are probably onto their 3rd to 4th char, with a great guild, established on the server, its not rocket science, nor is it 24/7 game addiction.

Yup, Solid got it right. Some of the reasons I think I levelled to 50 in only 15 days /played:
1. highly sought after class for PVE groups
2. PBAE exp groups are da bomb (*)
3. great guild that handed me down tons of great armor pieces and items (also gotten lots of used stuff from random higher levels that didn't need it anymore). I was also in a few guild PL groups but it was more slowing me down in exp than when I was in a finliath PBAE group.
4. I didn't do a single quest after level 11 that wasn't a trainer quest. Since I already had good equipment I didn't really feel much for doing quests. Besides, every time I logged on I had a group in a minimum of time. Just went to all the places people go to exp and got grouped there.

SFXman,

Aye, that is basically what I did. I think when you start on a server with tons of level 50 players and patches that add tons of level 50 content the urge to level is bigger than anything. If I wasn't exping I was either RvRing or doing some guild activities (which were mostly levelling too :p). Now that I am level 50 I'm going to slow it down a bit, do all the quests I skipped and work on my armorcrafting as well. And of course spend more time RvRing. :)

--------

I didn't play 24/7 though. I remember I was fighting abys at level 39 with another warden, also 39. I believe he dinged 50 a week later when I was only 43 or 44 or something. Also in the finliath PBAE groups when I was level 47 we allowed a lower PBAE eld in, she was 42. A few days later when I was 48 she conned orange to me, I did /who <name> and she was level 49. :) That is playing 24/7, not what I did. :)

---------

(*) PBAE exping group goes like this: In cursed forest in Hibs are mobs called Finliaths, they are weak to casters and look like transparent werewolves. At some places they pop really fast and BAF with 3, sometimes 4. A typical PBAE group has a warden, 3 tanks, a bard, a druid, 2 PBAE chanter/eld (there are other variations too). One guy pulls and each tank grabs a mob, using taunt styles. The tanks all draw the mobs in the same place and when they have aggro the PBAE casters stand on top of them and use their point blank arrea effect casts (PBAE) which are the most damaging spells in the game. Mobs drop like flies and by the time you are ready for the next they have repopped again (this particular spot is called fin1). When there is a camp bonus you get about 40 mill exp per kill which means 120 mill per pull. I assume I don't have to explain how nice chain pulling these is. :) When the camp bonus is gone and the penalty kicks in the exp per mob varies from 25 mill (very weak fin - red from level 48 on) to 45 mill (uber fin).

The best fin PBAE exping group I was in gave me an entire bubble of exp at level 48 in 45 minutes. But for a decent group normally you get about 1 bubble of exp at 48/49 every hour. :)

BTW what's up with this old.Breydel?

O

old.Vittra

Originally posted by old.Breydel
Vittra,
I think I did roughly 2 months over it, 15 days is my ingame /played time of course. :)

15 ingame days equals 360 hours playtime over about 60 days with say 10 days not playing you still have to play more than 7 hours per day. Maybe thats not much to you Solid, but im sure it is for most of us mortals.

S

Solid

Erm, when I posted Brey didnt say how long he had been playing for, and you didnt know either, all he said was he had achieved it in 15 days /played, that coulda been 15 days /played over 6 months, it coudla been over 2 weeks.

If someone had done 15 days /played over a 4 month period, thats 3 hours a day roughly, is that a unbelievable stunt?, point is 15 days /played to 50 in itself is not unthinkable, yes now he has mentioned that its inside 2 months, then thats a lot of hours in front of a PC.

O

old.Vittra

Well since we have only had DAoC in Europe for 4 months and I know that he has been playing here with the rest of us, I just put 2 and 2 together and made a rough estimate of around 2 months being on the US servers. Guess I wasnt that far off.

O

old.TonkED

"Mids are a bit pissed off we stole their last relic"

Argh, damn right we are, Hib now have 4 relics, its so unfair, stackable DoT's!!

hehe, but we are going nuts around Hibb frontier,

Well gratz m8

O

old.Breydel

Ooh yes, I might have done 6/7 hours a day. Like I said, I wanted to ding 50 asap. From now on I'll take it slower. :)

BTW funny signature Vittra. :)

Tonked, what class/level/name are you on MLF Mid?

A

Aeiedil

Anyway, congrats Breydel, and yup excellent speed in getting to 50, also with those rp, 80K, wow
i got about half of them at level 42 going for my rank 3 cause i was bored of trying to level :p then when i got rr3 and level 43 i went on a dinging spree hehe, 45 so far, so resting a bit

Notice the difference in crafting Aie
it dosent take 15 days to get the extra 470 craft points, especially not on flectching :p

Shouldn't the original post be on a US server forum
this forum is general discussion. and not server or country specific :p

O

old.job

Alot of peeps get mixed up with days played and ingame time, you type /play and get how many days you were actually logged on, i.e. adding up all the hours into days, the 15 days to level that 50 warden theoretically could take 6 months of real time.
So many people in the game don't know that, no suprise of course, because 90% of the info reqd in the game has to be found outside of the manual.

By the way, I've got 15 days online and I'm only lvl 29, for a Bard that's pretty slow, but I soloed to 22, cos I hated comitting to groups, but I've got over that now and always get to bed just before 3am.

O

old.Breydel

Hehe, a bard that doesn't like grouping. :)

The best solo class in Hibernia is a enchanter. Go very high in mana and put the rest in enchantments (do enchantment even early on). Or do about 50/50 mana/ench, might work as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom