dim children?

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I hear Donkey & Mayonnaise goes down a treat! Explains why its served in a French stick too .... its probably a particularly large part of said Donkey's anatomy.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its not schools that should be doing the teaching here.....

Chilly

Balls of steel
cooking is a dying skill! There are people who eat nearly entirely from wrapped up convenience foods. My mum taught me how to cook and still does when I cook her dinner and she moans at me because the white sauce had too much parsley in it!

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
My mum had to teach me how to open a tin of tuna when I was 17 years old. Give them a break! :(

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Ormorof said:
do they intentionaly pick the dimmest children or do they make it up? :eek6:

Well as most 11 year olds can niether read or write to a reasonable standard you can hardly expect them to be able to tell the difference between a tin of tuna and a donkey.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Um - nope. I know 16 year olds who can only read and write their own name :(

Frizz

Can't get enough of FH
I know 16 years olds who've had a donkey dick. ;)

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
what more do you need to know other than the wattage of the microwave these days?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
If they show the bowl of tuna to the kid and they say oo look tuna, it doesn't make for a great soundbite does it?

What do you do when someone asks you a stupid question ? You give a stupid answer!

I can remember my RE gcse (I went to a penguin school) and they showed a piccie of a priest lying face down on the floor in front of an altar - then asked what was happening. I mean really.... 16 yr old boy - stupid exam that he doesn't care about - picture crying out for a stupid response! I wonder what an analysis of those answers would have brought.

Easiest way they could get kids cooking (imo) would be to give them something really gorgeous to taste - then show them how to make it. Once you have a dish that tastes good and gets nice comments when you make it for someone, you have more confidence to try other things.

Personally I think it's a great shame that they stopped HE. I didn't enjoy but it taught me how to sew, and the basics of cooking. Whilst I may not sew very often - I do love to cook :)

M

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom