Dillinja

M

mirieth

I bought Touching Down today by Roni Size and I can safely say it's awesome!

Was just wondering if you can recommend me any similar sounding drum'n'bass artists, oh and I don't know if you're also into hip hop but if you are do you like Braintax? :)

S

SilverHood

You "bought" music?

people still pay for it?

J

Jonaldo

Personally I hate Drum n Bass but maybe try LTJ Bukem.

I remember when he did old style hardcore when I liked dance music. I grew out of it in the end but still got a white label by a certain 'LT Bukem' called Logical Progression that never made the album. Got mobile phone number rubber stamped on it and all sorts.

M

mirieth

Cheers Munkey.

Omniscieous - I dislike a lot of it, but I like the stuff that Roni does as it has a lot of different stuff in it and has cool mcing (if that's the right word :p). It's not just plain old drumnbass, if you know what I mean - it has lots of different instruments in it and generally cool stuff :).

M

mirieth

Originally posted by SilverHood
You "bought" music?

people still pay for it?

Yes :p

I own over 200 hundred cds (granted I only listen to about 100 of them regularly) and I own about 25 12inch records and about 10 7inch records. Me love my music :).

M

mirieth

Pfft... I always feel bad when I download whole albums on mp3 :p.

O

old.Dillinja

I recommend The Sound of Movement mixed by Bryan Gee. Has some of Roni Size's own stuff on it and stuff that's similar to his style, got it recently and I think it's great tbh.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by mirieth
Yes :p

I own over 200 hundred cds (granted I only listen to about 100 of them regularly) and I own about 25 12inch records and about 10 7inch records. Me love my music :).

:clap: :clap: :clap:

only through behaviour like this can small bands still get record contracts. if you really like an ablum, buy it. the bands do need it :)

(god, I'm preaching against piracy...quick, somebody shoot me! :p )

M

mirieth

I totally agree with what you're saying... and I can buy even more now I have a well-paying job :D.

O

old.Dillinja

Oh yeah btw mirieth one that I forgot which I recommend as a must-buy is Roni Size and Reprazent - In the mode. Killer album, get it anywhere, anyway you can.

M

mirieth

I'll check that out :).

I downloaded Cybotron by Dillinja and think it's awesome :D. The bass is just great, so big and chunkeh :D.

Edit - I'm pretty sure they have that Roni/Reprazent CD in my local hmv, and if not my local independant record store should have it :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom