Digital Cameras

M

Munkey-

Been looking around now for a decent digital camera. Seen a few good ones, Canon powershot A70, Kodak DX6340 etc. but the one i've been looking for is the minolta Dimage 5. I have a budget of 250 and below but I'm willing to stretch it for the minolta.

Cheapest i've seen it so far is for 419 USD at digitaldelivered.com

Just wondering if anyone knows a good website for purchasing digital camera's cheaply and that deliver internationally.

Thanks

G

GDW

Remember if you purchase from abroad you will be hit by a VAT charge and processing charge from HM Customs and Excise, so it may not be cheaper in the end.

D

Deadmanwalking

He is the Qatar person GDW.. i think

F

Furr

Originally posted by GDW
Remember if you purchase from abroad you will be hit by a VAT charge and processing charge from HM Customs and Excise, so it may not be cheaper in the end.

I went to dubai and bought a mobile sim free, all i did was bring it back in my hand luggage.

D

Deadmanwalking

He's on about getting it sent by the compny you purchased it from. As they do it all legit like.

J

Jonaldo

Anyone actually wanna recommend any other good cameras?

Wouldn't mind looking into it myself.

:m00:

M

Munkey-

don't really trust e-bay. If i'm going to spend this much cash on something, i definitley dont want it second hand from a disreputable person.

At least thats my excuse.

Tho the G3 does look pretty, i must agree

G

GDW

I have one of the compact Fujifilm cameras. I cant remember the model but its about the size of a packet of cigarettes ie very compact. The quality of the photos are perfect for anyone who isnt into photography as a hobbist.

I usually burn all the photos to CD in a SVCD format to view them as a photo album with background music on a 32" television, and the quality is great - beats printing them up and sticking them in a photo album.

T

Tom

Originally posted by Munkey-
don't really trust e-bay. If i'm going to spend this much cash on something, i definitley dont want it second hand from a disreputable person.

At least thats my excuse.

Tho the G3 does look pretty, i must agree

cough, escrow, cough

S

Sar

Originally posted by dysfunction
Ive got the Canon Powershot S45 and its a fantastic camera!!

The pictures it takes are superb! (Or maybe thats just me :cool: )

http://www.camerasdirect.co.uk/ are quite cheap for cameras....

I have its immediate predecessor - the S40, and it is indeed a fantastic camera. I've had mine for about 18 months, and I can't see me having to upgrade it for another 3 years or so yet tbph.

:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom