Didnt take long ...

T

throdgrain

My first cheat accusation :(
Playing on the sneakily moved game.net S&D server, full yesterday but today empty .
The guy didnt realise he had 335 ping, against my 29 ping, in a one on one battle. And ive been playing counter-strike for bloody years.
/me sighs ....

M

mike-c

yep I've been accused also, not on GAME.net, but a vote was called against me on another server to kick me for constantly killing everyone and hardly dying.

OK, so I was high on caffeine, which may explain my sharp reactions at the time, but having been a gsp admin and working hard to cut down on cheats I find it deeply disturbing that I myself would be accused.

It did make me think though, in the past I have seen people and probably thought they were cheating, and they may just have been having a good day like I was.

Killcam does give you a killer's perspective, so you can judge for yourself if it was a fair kill or not. On many occasions in CoD I've thought "wtf?!" then seen killcam and accepted it. It's just a shame nobody has thought of it or implemented it before.

C

CAC

well i havnt been called a cheat yet but i was voted to be removed from the preview server the other night for team killing
:rolleyes:

oh and i have been called a n00b on several occasions also :mad:

C

Chameleon

Aye, the killcam helps. Sometimes you wonder what went wrong, then see on killcam that your big fat arse was sticking right out, shouting "shoot me" when all along I thought I was being invisible ;) Killcam is a really nice addition imo.

D

doh_boy

I hate the snipers :(

I was playing s&d and no matter where I went I got shot by a sniper. I Change to sniper myself and viola I don't see anybody but blow the obj. Anyone played behind enemy lines yet? Sounds like a top idea.

T

throdgrain

Yup Ive played Behind Enemy Lines, its quite good, you respawn as an Allie if you kill a one as a German, if that makes an sense ...
Personally I think S&D is the best, probably because of my Counter-Strike playing, but also because it seems to me to be the most realistic, and also to have the most point to the game. TDM for example is just shoot die respawn ad infinitum, what is the point of that .
As far as the snipers go, I think they are spot on, not that I do it much myself, but if you get sniped just see where he was and be more careful next time. :)

As far as the cheat accusations go, well how true is that about a good day or bad day ? People on in CS are forever calling each other cheats, and yes no doubt some are, but you cant just accuse someone simply because they beat you ! This guy last night said I "hax" to use his words, because apparently I turned round and shot him in the head. Thats the game isnt it ?
Ho hum :)

W

Will

The Royal Mail claim that they delivered this game to me yesterday morning, so I look forward to some cheat accusations when I get home tonight.

If I don't get any, I'll feel I've lost my touch.;)

C

Cpt. Paranoia

I was on a server last night and there was a blatant cheat on there. I try not to jump to conclusions but after seeing the few kills he got on me via Killcam he knew exactly where I was, whether I was moving, crouching, prone or just stood still.

It's fucking pathetic when the game has only been out a week and it's got cheats already :/

W

Will

Originally posted by Jynueythek
It's fucking pathetic when the game has only been out a week and it's got cheats already :/
Do you have any proof? You'd be amazed what a good player can do with footsteps and a pair of headphones.

C

Cpt. Paranoia

Originally posted by Will
Do you have any proof? You'd be amazed what a good player can do with footsteps and a pair of headphones.

No I doubt have any proof and I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if no one else had mentioned it and it didn't happen in the same sort of manner each time. You could see him looking at walls and moving the cursor as if he was aiming at something, then as soon as a door would appear he'd walk through it still aiming at something and take you out before you know what was happening. I was stood on some boxes in a warehouse and he walked round the corner looking up and shot me straight away. I'd been sat there a good few seconds too and I really doubt that he worked out exactly where I was before he got round the corner from just listening to footsteps.

Like I said, I'm not one to hurl cheat accusations around but this was so blatant it's untrue.

D

doh_boy

No I doubt have any proof and I would have given him the benefit of the doubt if no one else had mentioned it and it didn't happen in the same sort of manner each time. You could see him looking at walls and moving the cursor as if he was aiming at something, then as soon as a door would appear he'd walk through it still aiming at something and take you out before you know what was happening. I was stood on some boxes in a warehouse and he walked round the corner looking up and shot me straight away. I'd been sat there a good few seconds too and I really doubt that he worked out exactly where I was before he got round the corner from just listening to footsteps.

Like I said, I'm not one to hurl cheat accusations around but this was so blatant it's untrue.

Can you record demo's in cod? One good way of finding out is to record a demo specc-ing him and (if possible) when playing the demo back but +seta normals 1 (I think) which should give a rather wallhack-y effect when playing the demo back.

I've seen a few et wallhacks and aimbots (SOOO hard to spot....at least for me ) using demo's given to me by someone on some forums.

R

Rubber Bullets

I was on a server last night and there was a blatant cheat on there. :/

He wasn't called Throdgrain{KEA} by any chance was he? I have heard dodgy things about him. :p

RB

B

=BfB=TheDon

the thing i've found best for quick record

bind N record

and when your done simply type
/stoprecord
in the console

=]

=BFB=TheDon

S

scooby-doo

i aint got round to pklaying this online yet,absolutely love this game.still pounding away on the sp game but im looking forward to playing against all you cheating scum :)

M

mr.Blacky

Originally posted by doh_boy
I've seen a few et wallhacks and aimbots (SOOO hard to spot....at least for me ) using demo's given to me by someone on some forums.
Could you send them to me?
I would like to see them.

Oh i am one the et gamemasters.

T

Toole

I'm getting thoroughly pissed off with the multiplayer because of all the cheat accusations being thrown about left, right and center..

I've been accused of cheating on 3 seperate occasions now and it's getting to a point where it's really putting me off playing. Thing is, I'm an average player at best - it's not like I rack up insanely high scores (I'm lucky if I end a game on the top half of the scoreboard).

I come from the CS school of playing, ie. "cover the choke points, stay quiet, watch the radar and listen for movement in the nearby area" which I would assume 99% of all CoD players would agree to.

When some idiot runs around a corner making enough noise to wake the dead, why does he then start mouthing off when he gets shot?

I know there ARE cheats out there - last week I was on a Jolt server (I know, I know) and some kid on there was being so incredibly obvious about his wallhack. When asked why he felt the need to cheat and show the fact off he answered "it's no fun playing online unless you can go on a rampage". Clever chap.

There's a petition going on on some of the larger CoD fansites to push Activision and Infinity Ward to get Cheating Death developed for CoD - I can only hope it happens so all this stupid cheat paranoia can stop and we can all get on enjoying the damn game.

W

Will

Originally posted by Toole
When some idiot runs around a corner making enough noise to wake the dead, why does he then start mouthing off when he gets shot?
Because thats the way the world is. You learn to ignore it after a while. ;)

J

Jonaldo

Is there a co-op mode at all vs bots so me and my brother could play on LAN?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom