Did we screw up GoAs plan ?

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
I was sitting around at work, looking like i was doing something important and it got me thinking.

Before we start this has been stated many times, but thought we should chat about it on our nice little forum where trolls are far between :m00:'

So we know the state on many servers are dire, lacking players, unbalanced sides and such.

So GoA/Mythics starts the masterplan e shut down a group of servers making all the guild to to different servers thus balancing most hopeflly at least getting population up.

But they didnt count on the Karak Hirnians being a great society and deciding to move whole server same place.

We do this and ruins their masterplan, because now they have a high/high server and due to low numbers, they dont have the machines to handle this strain as they were expecting medium/medium only on their servers.

So because of our teamwork we screwed up the Norn server as it cant run with our numbers. And now they are desperate they are losing lots of people on the norn server as people dont wanna play with lag, so now they got an empty Hirn server and a non working Norn server.

hmmmm not sure what my point is, just the mad ramblings of a dane i guess, but lets hear what you guys think, did we screw up GoAs masterplan ?

And to save time for all the trolls, LAG MAKES GAME UNPLAYABLE, NERF AoE, Order is OP, then we got that our of the way.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Lubbock, Blight Wizard
Talmont, Witchhunter
Cordio, Runepriest
Jermainefive, Ironbreaker

What no Warrior Priest? :D

Seriously..

I suspect you're right mate. I don't think GOA expected the WHOLE server (or a huge slice of it) and I don't think they expected the ACTIVITY of the hirn community to have the effect that it did.

Personally I think we've run a truck through their plan and I am wondering what they can do (if anything) to resolve the situation. Luckily my guild is full of fairly hardened mmo vets so most people who've cancelled sub have done so with the intention of resubscribing when they see that mythic / goa have resolved the lag issues.

Doesn't help right now though - it's hard work in t4 atm. My marauder does meh dps to lots of targets or does slightly less meh dps to 1. My shammy spends most of his time hiding from bw and tank assists whilst trying to heal. :)

I hope there's a resolution for the lag soon and I seriously hope we're not waiting on balance to be addressed in June. I don't think many people will give them that long tbh. This has to be the worst tested patch I've ever seen. I'm stunned it got through q&a at mythic tbh.

M

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I just want to qualify the "activity" comment in case I give people the wrong impression.

When I mention activity I'm thinking of the overal activity around the clock. All servers have players (however small the number) who might be playing say at 2am GMT or 10am GMT. The addition of Hirn players to this number already extant on Norn along with the domination system means that the efforts of these players can have more of an effect on overal war performance than previously.

This in itself is tipping the server towards instability which combined with perceived imbalances and latency just further fuels the drama, complaints and cancellations we've seen in the last two weeks.

Personally I think GOA would have been better advised to hold off on the Hirn move until after 1.2 but I'm not sure whether there were other factors in play that necessitated the move. What is sure is that we're in a pickle right now, players are suffering and the pressure is on mythic and goa to come up with a fair solution that doesn't punish people who play outside of peak hours and gives the majority of peak hour players the opportunity to influence the war.

M

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Actually, the title of your thread is misleading.
Never use the words "GOA" and "plan" in the same sentence.
These guys tend to be cowboys in their decisions...

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
anyone still on HIRN was auto moved to NORN tho after the transfer period was up, so i dont think your argument works

but marks for effort :D

Lubbock

Fledgling Freddie
anyone still on HIRN was auto moved to NORN tho after the transfer period was up, so i dont think your argument works

but marks for effort :D

<looks through his big book of good excuses>

OK so they automoved people there because they knew the whole server had moved so instead of having alot of grief down the line because they moved em to a different server than everyone else, they just moved them to Norn as everyone else went there and thus looking like GoA are caring people and not ewul frenchies trying to take over the world to steal our local frogs.

But again just the rambling and hoping for a better conspiray theory down the line.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
hehe
no it was a good idea :)
and i think the hardware fail wasnt a suprise

5 years ish ago, daoc had -exactly- the same probs. now its such an old game the hardware doesnt have a prob

give war 5 years and itll be ace :D

:(

Twoeye

Can't get enough of FH
hehe
no it was a good idea :)
and i think the hardware fail wasnt a suprise

5 years ish ago, daoc had -exactly- the same probs. now its such an old game the hardware doesnt have a prob

give war 5 years and itll be ace :D

:(

Yea DAoC EU had those problems , it didnt even get close to those problems on US <looks around : do i dare to say it , yea i do GOA> :ninja:

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
Bump ... & still we wait ... Looks at GOA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom