Did they nerf Earth Theurgs...?

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
How come a Theurg in BG can kill a red con melee char from another realm with 3 ice pets, costing about 15% of his power bar and provided the pets arent killed. Thats pretty sick. Air thergs can spam low dmg air pets that chain stun stupidly lots and cast a pretty slick Wind DD <spirit dmg> thats low power cost... Thats sick.. Earth Thergs , useless until 26 , and well tbh useless till 40 lets face it, there is rarely grps before than and ure buggered solo. Now , i remeber back when Daoc came out my Earth therg pets used to kick ass, 2-3 could tank a yellow for u while u blasted away with ya base spec ice spells.. But wtf did they do to them.. Now they die in like 3 hits, do piss all dmg to the mobs ... When did this happen, i normally read patch notes but this one mustve passed me by :(

My End spec will be 35 earth 41 ice, i been told this is good and tbh it sounds pretty much the best spec anyway, 8sec pbt , 2nd to last ice pet <yes theres one at 48 now> and good nukes... But all these people spamming earth pets on large scale mobs.. do they actually hit at all unless theyre 48 earth for supreme earthlords cos they sure as hell cant melee when ure lvlin :/

Zagg

Fledgling Freddie
I can't tell you about earth pets, since my highest thergy is 26 and air, but spamming pets on large scale mobs just increases the number of attackers on the mob. It doesn't matter if the pets hit or how much they hit. If you have enuff pets/attackers on high scale mob the players hit it for normal damage, instead of 1(+1). That's why zerg raids (and raids with enuff theurgys) are so much easier.

Dukat

Resident Freddy
I dont know the details or facts of the matter, but Earth Theurgs get PBT at higher levels, Earth pets also last the longest, I suppose this might be a reason that they dont have a nice feature like ice pet's nuking or air pets stun.

Feyd

Fledgling Freddie
Some patches ago they did change the way all pets work - but mainly earth pets.
The changes was in the same patch as the 1 where theurgs got pets above 32 in a specline.

Earth pets hit points was lowered compare to when DAoC was released, which is why they die faster now.
At the same time the lifetime of pets have increased, so that the final earthpet last for 1 min.

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
My Theurgist Varadero is wierdspec (40 earth, 36 cold) atm.
And I'm really beginning to like it, now my earth pets arent meant to tank well, because if they did people would whine and bitch about how OP:d they are.

If i get a tank to hold aggro on virtually any mob it will go down fast if I have 8+ pets up. I'm talking about lvl 60 mobs that will drop in a matter of seconds. The pets generally hit for about 120+/swing when i get more than 5 pets up on the lvl 60 mob, and then i can nuke for about 400 dmg with my remaining 40% power.

Theu's are a supportclass, they're not supposed to solo purple con mobs, but along with a cleric that casts 9 sec stun it's a real possiblity, and the pets will stay alive longer. And iirc PBT works for pets aswell, so make sure you have it up and be in range of them and use your meleespeed debuff on mobs.

My spec doesn't make me an uber killer in RvR, but it's decent enough to make unclaimed towerdoors drop in less than 2 minutes, along with FOP and aoebuffed pets. And the lvl 32 icepets are great for interrupting enemy casters and healers, while they don't do 200+dmg/spell they still useful to interrupt.
Haven't tested the 35 earth 41 cold spec since pre-NF, so I don't know how much difference there is on unclaimed towerdoors and cba to test with the lvl 32 pets.

The windspec is too weak imho to be viable for anything other than sololeeching from the zerg RvR as the utility in a group is lowered, and is really not worth it loosing 8 sec pbt and the lvl 32 earthpets and while it's good for solokilling yellow - orange con mobs it sucks for anything else.

I haven't tested the full earthspec since pre-TOA, so I'm reluctant to say anything about that.

Overall I'd say the 41 cold and 35 earth spec is best for most situations but I'm finding my current spec quite enjoyable.

I haven't seen any patchnotes about a L48 icepet, where have you gotten that information. Earth has lvl 48, Ice has lvl 40, Wind has lvl 32 as toplevel pet and thats it afaik.

Varadero

Fledgling Freddie
Bah...I must really have missed the lvl 48 icepets...
I don't believe it...oh well...

Sorry for my ignorance in that matter.

Kelio

Fledgling Freddie
go 45+ air and rest in ice you nuke much much harder :m00:

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, or roll a sorc if you want to nuke.

Agree with Vara, for me what makes a theurg fun is the utility they can bring to a group and the support interrupt/lockdown they can provide.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
I went 48 earth with mt theurg, Think the damage they do on cloth wearers is 200ish now times that by 3 and you can annoy the hell out of casters. Its great fun to put a pet on someone and watch them run around like a headless chicken.

:m00:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Earth pets last the longest, thats their only real advantage but their hit points were dramatically lowered (about 350 hits I seem to recall? Could be wrong).

In terms of PvE the problem with this is the first pet will die long before you have your full compliment of pets on their way out,therefore aggro is transfered to the caster at an earlier stage.

I believe this change was done so they could give theurgs higher level more offensive pets without making them to over powered, as the pets can be killed easy.

What they failed to take into account is the horribly slow casting time and high cost of the pets, but since when did mythic ever make any changes for the better to albion classes? :(

My theurgist is 48 earth and I like it, I wanted something different from my main. Biggest problem I find though is only having a single target root of any reliable use and no mezz.

The pets do kick ass if your left alone long enough to get a train of them going, good luck trying to manage that though.

Incidently using ML9 convoker on a level 48 earth spec pet and then EBing and Hasting it is bloody good fun if you can pull it off in pve or rvr :flame:

And yeah the pets do hit the mobs, last time doing ml9 phoenix when we had 4 theurgists spamming and only about 20 people on the raid with enough pets out mine were actually hitting most of the time for 2-3 damage each.

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
Kagato said:
Earth pets last the longest, thats their only real advantage but their hit points were dramatically lowered (about 350 hits I seem to recall? Could be wrong).

In terms of PvE the problem with this is the first pet will die long before you have your full compliment of pets on their way out,therefore aggro is transfered to the caster at an earlier stage.

I believe this change was done so they could give theurgs higher level more offensive pets without making them to over powered, as the pets can be killed easy.

What they failed to take into account is the horribly slow casting time and high cost of the pets, but since when did mythic ever make any changes for the better to albion classes? :(

My theurgist is 48 earth and I like it, I wanted something different from my main. Biggest problem I find though is only having a single target root of any reliable use and no mezz.

The pets do kick ass if your left alone long enough to get a train of them going, good luck trying to manage that though.

Incidently using ML9 convoker on a level 48 earth spec pet and then EBing and Hasting it is bloody good fun if you can pull it off in pve or rvr :flame:

And yeah the pets do hit the mobs, last time doing ml9 phoenix when we had 4 theurgists spamming and only about 20 people on the raid with enough pets out mine were actually hitting most of the time for 2-3 damage each.
LoLlololOL quart u suuuck ^^ :p :D

<3

aberr

Fledgling Freddie
woopsie ^^

wasnt actually planning on getting that quote xD

sorry kagato :p

:twak: <-meh :cheers:

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
i dont suck as much cock as u do for moving to WoW joakim :p

:twak: now get the fuck back here

Docs

Fledgling Freddie
Regarding dmg on lvl 48 earth lords I can tell you Lesson a guildie often
report hits in the range of 300-460 on most targets.
Hes excellent to have in grp to kill off enemy support classes.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
givf details on 48 ice pets :D
And before someone says they dont exist again :p - go to trainer put info on cold magic line, 48 - Greater something spirit thingy lol , i can only asssume air pets now have a high lvl pet too

Taglim

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythic made the mod when they increased the timer to 1 min, but also nerfed thier hps to 300 ish at the same time (as kagato said), but they didnt take that into consideration for PvE, they made the change with rvr in mind. :touch:

I used to be able to use earth pets as tanks when i was lvling solo and they'd tank just fine, but now they'd die in 2 hits (maybe 1 hit) to a yellow con mob, using an air pet as a tank does the job alot better and allows me to solo red cons unbuffed, but spamming earth pets onto big daddy epic mobs works a charm for increasing the +hit for other ppl ;)

I've heard that the lvl 48 ice pets dont do much more dmg than a lvl 40 ice pet, although i've never gone that high myself so cant say for certain. Search on the VN boards, it's probably been asked before :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom