Did the Earth move for you?

O

old.Dayne

Last night the UK was hit by an earthquake which measured 4.8 on teh richter scale. The epicenter was in Dudley (i think)

Aparently it was felt in places such as London and Swansea.

So who felt it and where do you live... personally i slept right through it (Bristol)

O

old.Biffsmash

I live in birmingham and our house shook..
Scared the S**t out of me. Thought was an explosion in the street or something..
Knocked a glass off me bro's desk, and I thought I was gonna fall through me bedroom floor lol :D

O

old.moriath

I was woken about 1am buy the house making noises.. Didnt feel any vibration but must have been there just not enough to notice when cushioned by my bed :D

BTW I live nr Reading in Berkshire

O

old.Plebo

I'm in Birmingham too. There was a pretty loud rumbling noise and the bed shook enough to wake me up. I leaped out of bed, my heart racing, and realised the whole house was shaking!

It stopped soon after, so I went to the window expecting to see either a mushroom cloud or a big lorry crash or something (well, I had just woken up!).

There was nothing there. I thought i'd dreamt it, but then my gf started panicking about the house falling down and lots of my neighbours starting coming to their front door.

Pretty quickly after we all realised it'd been an earthquake. Very strange experience indeed.

P

Psy|:m00:

I wondered what the heck that shake was lol

T

talen_sun

I'm about 30 miles south of Dudley, and I was quite drunk last night...

It woke me up, I thought someone had dropped a fridge or something outside my flat, and went back to sleep.

Why anyone would drop a fridge at 1am i don't know, but i blame it on the beer...

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

... what a misleading title this is ...

Thought it was about sex.....................

LOL:D

T

Tenko

lol, I was still playing DAoC. 1st thought one of the kids had fallen out of the bunks, then another had fallen then another and another.

Only got two kids so i said to myself "Heh, must of been an earthquake".

Its great being as smart as me :p

Oh and I live in Manchester.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Tenko
lol, I was still playing DAoC. 1st thought one of the kids had fallen out of the bunks, then another had fallen then another and another.

Only got two kids so i said to myself "Heh, must of been an earthquake".

Its great being as smart as me :p

Oh and I live in Manchester.

Hehe!:D

Good God... I did an "SFX"!

S

Solid

was in bed reading a book and the whole house shook, scared the bejesus outta me, we went downstairs, checked everything, then assuemd it was a tremor of sorts and we waited till morning :D

Since when does UK sit under any active fault lines?

O

old.LandShark

you don't need to be :)
If you're on a fault line and you get a serious quake, it's not richter 4.8. (btw: the richter scale isn't linear, richter 5 is tens of times more powerful than 4.8)

Nearest active faultline to the UK, i think, probably wrong here :E, is the one that splits Iceland in 2.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Solid

Since when does UK sit under any active fault lines?

It doesn't... I was merely testing my doomsday device.... BWHAHAHAHA!!! NYAHAHAHA!!! AHhahaha!!!!

Shake Britannia, Britannia shake away!

D

Danya

Live near manchester, didn't feel a thing. Teh box is well shielded against these things. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom