Did anyone play LEGEND OF MIR?

B

blaien Kayy

Many moons ago i used to play this game and alot of us left to play DAOC.

Most of my friends joined mid/excal as far as i know , no telling where they are now.

Anyway i played on bother servers of LOM

Dragon server i played Grudge a warrior
Phoenix server i played Dragonhart a warrior and Okies a taoist

Just wondering if any of you used to play this and remember the first guy on phoenix server to get a judgement mace :)

B

Bigade

i swear there must be a dozen post about this already...

B

Basso

Cool game, crap staff.. reminds me of DAoC and GOA :D

E

Eleasias

ffs cant you check up the other threads about the excact same thing before starting your own ?

A

Amadon

Originally posted by Eleasias
ffs cant you check up the other threads about the excact same thing before starting your own ?
this forum would be dead if people did that imo

G

Garaen

What is the problem with starting another thread? You dont have to read it if you dont want to.

O

old.Trine Aquavit

Originally posted by Garian
What is the problem with starting another thread? You dont have to read it if you dont want to.

Hehe, I posted the following on the VN boards after a spate where every other post seemed to be asking how the new spread heal works.

I titled the post: "How does a spread post work?"

Normal, targetted posts work by addressing a single issue, often formed as a question. This allows others to answer the question, and provide supporting information, from within a single thread. Single, targetted posts require a degree of intelligence on the part of the person seeking the information to target the correct post, but tend to be more efficient.

The new 'Spread Posts' work by asking the same questions repeatedly, over and over, again and again, even when there's already a post on the same subject a few lines down. While the question does get answered, it isn't answered as fully in any single post and the information and knowdledge is 'spread out' across the boards. Although much less efficient, the spread post requires less intelligence to use and is proving rather popular.

Sorry, bit of a hijack there :)

B

blaien Kayy

Sorry my mistake thought this was a general dicusion forum,are there any old threads on Eleasias being a complete wanker before i start one?

D

DocWolfe

its not about the same thing at all... the old thread was asking if mir was good this thread is for okies looking for people who used to play it.

S

sugah

DServer : Played a warrior called Mingle quit october 2001 and moved to PServer.

PServer : Played a warrior called Mingle, a Taoist called Click but quit last month to play this.

H

hercules-df

i played Mir beta for a while, was a bit boring after a while and very basic. enjoyed the legging it around in pants tho and the mining was a nice alternative to exp grind, the LOM show on gane network was superb CARL 3:16 :D think hes been replaced a few times by some twatty twats, If theres ever a proper games/entertainment show CARL would be 1st pick for main host i say, maybe a few of the bits birds for eye candy.

The normal one of the bits birds is now doing some Violent Berlin - GamePad type game review show on sci fi, Only seen it once, any1 know its timeslot?

Dare i say some kind of DAOC related show should appear? :D
perhaps some of the overenthusiastic yanks who make those funny daoc-movies could create an online show similar to that of LOMs, news, updates, emails, forum posts, screenshots etc..

no doubt mythic would rape whoever did it,

E

Eleasias

Originally posted by DocWolfe
its not about the same thing at all... the old thread was asking if mir was good this thread is for okies looking for people who used to play it.
after the 3rd reply it turns into "i had this on that server" discussion which is the point of this thread.

T

tris-

after the 3rd reply it turns into "i had this on that server" discussion which is the point of this thread.

why do you care so much? :sleeping:

why dont you point out to people that there already was a "GOA is shit" thread everytime a new one is made?

T

The Kingpin

Eleasias what harm is it doing?

Calm down or we set tRoG on you..

B

blaien Kayy

Eleasias did you ever actually play the game? The Thread was made so maybe i could catch up with people i havent seen in a while.

Why do you have to start flaming someone for posting on a general discussion forum.

People are free to post anything they like on this forum within reason anyway,If you dont like the topic or have nothing to say dont reply its simple.

N

nomed

I had a lvl27 warrior called roguestar on the dragon server..

Have considered going back to Mir cause it will be cheaper to play at the beginning of next month. Besides I wanna see if my Minning spot is still free :p

D

darbey

Elasias why u wasting our time and yours by posting then? just ignore the thread if it doesnt pertain to you. Stop trying to censor people.

On the originals poster question i played phoenix (a warrior called Eranu stopped at 34) , i cant for the life of me remember who had first mace on phoenix. name is on tip of my tongue but its doing my head in trying to remeber it.

B

blaien Kayy

Dragonhart had the first mace and power ring :) guess that would be me.

O

old.Khain

Lo DragonHart

Still playing must a lot have stopped

was mid/py btw.

a few can be found htt://www.planetm00.com/forums/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom