Dialup

Will

/bin/su
Any call charges only 0845 dialups available? Freeserve has already been rejected because I have to use their software, I can't set up the connection manually.

Where is Barrydial when you need it?

Clown

Part of the furniture
You can set up the connection manually. The dial-up number and the right parts to use for the username (like before the @ or . or whatever, I can't remember) are on the website, and the password would be your password.

I did this a few months ago.

Edit - whoops... I forgot to say "on the website"

Will

/bin/su
The dialup number is the bit I can't get. I might just try the number they have in the example connection.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Oh, I can't find the dial-up number either :/
Maybe I was remembering wrong. Their program isn't really a program like AOL or any of those have. It just automatically sets up your numbers and username for you. Then you can write it down and delete everything and set it up manually.

Quige

Fledgling Freddie
When I moved recently, in need of a tempory dial-up, I just popped into WHSmith and picked up a Tiscali CD - they have an 0845 pay-as-you-go.
Seemed to work OK.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
www.plus.net still do a dial-up only account, I think it can be made available immediately, I recommend it because they are in fact a good ISP.

Will

/bin/su
Cheers xane, exactly what I was looking for. An ISP that trusts me to set things up myself, and doesn't charge me for shit I don't want.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Bit late, I know, but I think that 0845 079 6699 is the number for Freeserve.

Info taken from here.

If it isnt, and I've just made myself look like a fool - ignore me :)

Will

/bin/su
Ah, that must be something to do with the change to Wanadoo, since the number on the Freeserve site only says that it will start with 14700808 or 1470161642, and there are more digits after that. Which is very helpful of them.

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I think they are the numbers for AnyTime and Hometime - which I think you have to be signed up to use. The 0845 one, is a pay as you go one.

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Well, I'll add another free dialler...

0845 660 9380

Make up a username and password, it'll work fine...

It's provided by Tiscali

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Will said:
Ah, that must be something to do with the change to Wanadoo, since the number on the Freeserve site only says that it will start with 14700808 or 1470161642, and there are more digits after that. Which is very helpful of them.

The 1470 is the Caller Id enable for that number, if your phone is ex-directory, it might be that the user accounts have limited numbers like on the Plus.net one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom