dialup

X

Xavier

Being an SDSL wh0r3 myself I was wondering how the game fared for dialup 56k gamers since the last patch.

I knew of a couple who lived locally to me that were fine, but another friend who has started playing this week is finding the lag unbearable...

Any suggestions? Has the game been particularly laggy for modem users since last weeks server side netcode fix?

F

Faeldawn

I play on ADSL 512 and the lag in large skirmishes is unplayable

J

Jupitus

Have a look at this thread first:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64398

There seems to be a serverside issue which SOE say they are working on, but also I have found some really nasty packet loss in my routing to the European server too which seems to be the cause for me of alot of the lag.

Sometimes 56k is fine to play, and also acceptable even in big fights, but other times it does get unbearable and I end up sodding off somewhere quieter. I would suggest checking ping plotter and also hanging on until SOE say they have fixed their known issue.

D

darkshines

I am on 56k and i have got to say it is not really all that bad imo. I have got everything on low resolution and about 2/3 view distance (i am a sniper- it is essential) and i can do my job reasonably well. I got 5 kills last night while on 9% health and no armour (just to brag really, i am never gonna do it again :)) and on 56k, and if i can do it anyone can. The worst part is downloading patches.

M

Milkshake

I play on 56k, and though it does get a bit laggy on the huge battles, overall it's really not that bad.

I don't even play on the Euro Server, I play with the Yanks on Emerald. It's still not too bad.

Doesn't mean I'm not getting ADSL as soon as it comes out in my area though :)

K

Karam_gruul

Originally posted by Faeldawn
I play on ADSL 512 and the lag in large skirmishes is unplayable

your adsl must sux, i'm on 512 adsl and i... dont actually know what internet lag on ps feels like. i know what computer lag is like, but i've never had net lag before..

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by Karam_gruul
your adsl must sux, i'm on 512 adsl and i... dont actually know what internet lag on ps feels like. i know what computer lag is like, but i've never had net lag before..

I get packet loss, but only in HUGE battles at close combat.

Most lag like this is server-side and affects everyone regardless of connection.

C

Cadire

ON 512 ADSL here, and the only real lag i get is when I go through doors to the outside... only the first time though, I guess it's my PC caching stuff. I might try playing with the preloading thingymajig to see if that helps.

T

Teh Krypt

Originally posted by Jupitus
Have a look at this thread first:

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64398

There seems to be a serverside issue which SOE say they are working on, but also I have found some really nasty packet loss in my routing to the European server too which seems to be the cause for me of alot of the lag.

Sometimes 56k is fine to play, and also acceptable even in big fights, but other times it does get unbearable and I end up sodding off somewhere quieter. I would suggest checking ping plotter and also hanging on until SOE say they have fixed their known issue.

Jup wheres your niece? :p :p :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom