Dial-up

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Off to India for a month and a half tomorrow. Taking my laptop with me so I can keep up to date on my emails (v.important).

However, I've no dial-up ISP (I've always connected to the web through le broadband).

Anyone know the number for an ISP that charges you through the call charge rather than a pappy subscription fee? (I can always dial internationally - it's expensive but wtf eh? - I need my email).

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
bt do a dial up only non monthly fee thing ..

think maybe freeserve do to .. well they used to when i had a couple days without adsl i used it was a while ago tho

xane

Fledgling Freddie
A lot of dial-up ISPs have Caller Id, no good for roaming around.

I think www.v21.co.uk might do one without Caller Id.

Clown

Part of the furniture
You're going to dial-up a UK provider from India? Check Will's thread in the Networking forum, I think he wanted the same thing.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cheers chaps - I'll have a browse. Anyone else??

strangely brown

Can't get enough of FH
How about getting an account with someone like UUNET - They have local access numbers worldwide. Our work uses them so I don't know how much it costs...

Regards,
SB

TriGGer

One of Freddy's beloved
Got a mobile ? I use meh nokia 7250i with meh lappy via IR and using vodafone connect, its upto 115kb with teh GPRS :) Dunno about networks etc out there tho.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
strangely brown said:
How about getting an account with someone like UUNET - They have local access numbers worldwide. Our work uses them so I don't know how much it costs...

Regards,
SB

Thats going to be the cheapest option, as India is an expensive place to call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom