Question Diablo II High Res?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So. Me and the missus wanna play Diablo 2 (she's never played it) :)

I want to wang it into 1680x1050 as I don't fancy 800x600 on a big widescreen monitor but Diablo II Multi-Res doesn't work (.dll won't load and I can't find a fix).

Any other ways of getting it to work/other patches you guys know of?

Muchos gracias amigos en, er, advanceo, amigos :D

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Won't work with patch 1.13 or newer, nor will it work on B-net. It's for LAN and single player only.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Grrrr. 1.13. Jeesus. You'd think Blizzard would enable it for lan play ffs. :eek:

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
That hi-res patch isn't official, it's fan made and unsupported by Blizzard. That's why it won't work in B-net. :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know. But why doesn't blizzard support higher resolutions for LAN play? It worked in the previous patch so they've done something to ensure it can't be used.

I suppose they reckon everyone could patch to 1.12 if they wanted but it does suck slightly..

Great to play again tho. TBH it's very much 2d warcraft in a way...

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Play Median XL if you want a challenge :)

Its proper tough!

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
The original reason Blizzard wasn't supporting high-res were from a balance standpoint.

Higher resolutions in D2 reveal more of the map on screen, and as pvp is/was a big part of D2 it would be unfair for those with smaller monitors.

But as pretty much everyone have a good monitor nowadays it's probably safe to say that this reason changed to that they just don't want to put any more time on it as D3 release soon:ish. So anything they would do to D2 now would be quite a waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom