Diablo 2: Upcoming 1.10 patch

X

Xeanor

This has got to be the best patch ever for this game.

Leveling harder, no more boosting chars (level restriction on difficulty), Magic Find doesn't work on bosses/superuniques anymore (bye Pindleskin!), cowlevel nerfed, it's finally becoming a challenge.

Unique items have been boosted, some are just superuber now, for example: a small charm with +1 to all skills.

And the new "Ladder Characters", this ladder is really gonna be a challenge, an example of the new exp changes:

--> Characters Above Level 70:

For any monster above your level, you get EXP*(Player Level / Monster Level).
For monsters between 6-10 levels below you, you receive between 100% and 5% experience.

If the monster is more than 10 levels below your level, you receive 5% of the monster's experience points.

After experience is calculated, the following penalties will apply. For example a level 70 character only receives 79.98% of the experience.

A level 79 only receives 10.74% of the experience.

A level 98 only receives 0.20% of the experience.

Complete list

So... you need at least 1000x as more exp to do 98-99 than before the patch....

The levels 70+ will be for the elite, 80+ for the super-elite, 90+ is godlike again.

Oh, and no more duping, no more cow level, and NO MORE MAPHACKS, they can detect it and have already banned 120.000 accounts! :) (according to forums)

Damn I love this patch, and I'll be playing D2 LoD again :)

Anyone else interested in this? or am I the only D2 junkie here? :)

B

Belsameth

wee, lets make an even longer level grind, and lets make uniques even more impossible to find \o/

bit silly if you ask me, tho I do like thet fact that they finally fixed all cheats

K

katt!

i second that,

how does longer grind equal harder?

O

old.LandShark

Harder magicitem-finding = shite idea, surely?
Powerful items make unique and potentially underpowered builds viable.
Longer grind - well, who cares.... never went past 80 anyway, was pointless if you could solo hell baal at ~60.. :p

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Belsameth
wee, lets make an even longer level grind, and lets make uniques even more impossible to find \o/

bit silly if you ask me, tho I do like thet fact that they finally fixed all cheats

Actually, the drop rates have been improved. Just that Magic Find doesn't work on bosses/superuniques anymore.

I just downloaded the Beta of this patch, i did the den of evil, came out and was lvl 4 with 7000 gold and 2 rare items.

M

mirieth

They made it harder? arf... it was hard enough before.

Oh, and they may fix the cheats but they still can't fix the player-base :p.

"me baba me whirl1!!!!!!11"

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by mirieth
Oh, and they may fix the cheats but they still can't fix the player-base :p.

"me baba me whirl1!!!!!!11"

That's why i play together with some friends, and just leave it with that :p

Let the leveling competition begin :p

O

old.LandShark

Right. So you approve of rushing being impossible/harder, but all you can find to do in it is race your friends at levelling?
Please.

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by old.LandShark
Right. So you approve of rushing being impossible/harder, but all you can find to do in it is race your friends at levelling?
Please.

No... race all those people in the ladder :)

And I won't have to play together with those, just with my friends :)

But it's all about the ladder, really. :)

A

Arnor

like with the la nerf they are punishing the casual gamer more then the min-maxing popwergamer imo, which is wrong :\

X

Xeanor

Originally posted by Arnor
like with the la nerf they are punishing the casual gamer more then the min-maxing popwergamer imo, which is wrong :\

Diablo 2?

Casual Gamers?

What planet are you from? :p

Oh, and they didn't make the "Ladder Characters" for the 0.001% casual gamers :p

O

old.tRoG

I'm a casual player, so there :p

... In casual, I mean I play it once every 6 months or so.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by old.tRoG
I'm a casual player, so there :p

... In casual, I mean I play it once every 6 months or so.

no way d3wd! your h4rdc0r3!

O

old.tRoG

m3 b1g b4b4! m3 sm4shz! l33t d3wd tp plz!!!!!

C

Cala-more

but that was a good thing

B

Belsameth

shush!
this is OT, no LA allowed here!

*runs off to cwy*

O

old.LandShark

This seems like a suitable juncture to say "told u i was hardcore" and perhaps "fucking fagz" as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom