DHL Process, can someone clarify this for me?

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
The following is an arrangement I've made with someone on ordering a laptop from them, but I have never dealt through DHL before and wonder if anyone can clarify that the below process is liable. I have not handed over any money yet, just my name and address.

-
My shipping method is through DHL.

I will set up the transaction so you will have up to 7 days to inspect the merchandise.

About the procedure, things are pretty simple.

First I go to DHL with the laptop and start the delivery procedure.

After I give them the laptop for you, DHL will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated, and that they have the laptop for you and also the complete specifications of the laptop.

Also, in the notification they will send you clear instructions on how to make the payment to DHL, to the DHL agent's name.

After you complete your payment, then you will notify DHL, they will collect the payment and once they have your payment, then they will deliver the laptop to you asap.

After you receive the laptop you will test them to see if they are as I said.

Then, if the laptop is good you will instruct DHL to release the payment to me and the deal will be final.

If there is any kind of problem with the laptop you will be fully refunded by DHL.
-

I only ask the above question 'cos at some point tomorrow if this is method is the correct one, then a rep from DHL will contact me - So I'll need to clarify that they're from DHL and not some dodgy company who claim their calling from my bank and they need to know my PIN (fonejacker). I have been told that if you have a credit card, anything over £100 your covered for, however I have a visa-debit card so I'm a little wary about being protected also. Does anyone have any advise they can give on this?

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
So I'll need to clarify that they're from DHL and not some dodgy company who claim their calling from my bank and they need to know my PIN (fonejacker).

-

No one will ever ask for your pin over the phone.

preacherboy

Fledgling Freddie
The following is an arrangement I've made with someone on ordering a laptop from them, but I have never dealt through DHL before and wonder if anyone can clarify that the below process is liable. I have not handed over any money yet, just my name and address.

-
My shipping method is through DHL.

I will set up the transaction so you will have up to 7 days to inspect the merchandise.

About the procedure, things are pretty simple.

First I go to DHL with the laptop and start the delivery procedure.

After I give them the laptop for you, DHL will send you a notification to let you know the process has been initiated, and that they have the laptop for you and also the complete specifications of the laptop.

Also, in the notification they will send you clear instructions on how to make the payment to DHL, to the DHL agent's name.

After you complete your payment, then you will notify DHL, they will collect the payment and once they have your payment, then they will deliver the laptop to you asap.

After you receive the laptop you will test them to see if they are as I said.

Then, if the laptop is good you will instruct DHL to release the payment to me and the deal will be final.

If there is any kind of problem with the laptop you will be fully refunded by DHL.
-

I only ask the above question 'cos at some point tomorrow if this is method is the correct one, then a rep from DHL will contact me - So I'll need to clarify that they're from DHL and not some dodgy company who claim their calling from my bank and they need to know my PIN (fonejacker). I have been told that if you have a credit card, anything over £100 your covered for, however I have a visa-debit card so I'm a little wary about being protected also. Does anyone have any advise they can give on this?
You can call DHL any time every item gets scanned in and out they can tell you straight of were it is, if it's in transit... and tell you were it is:) every scanner will have a code a persnal code, they could even tell you the name of the person that loaded it:)and the exact time they loaded it, it goes straight into the system

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
The above supplier was a scam, I suspected it from the start anyway. I initialy sent an email to DHL directly via their main website. A few days later I had an email from them explaining the types of scams the often find people running under the DHL name and that this was one of them.

I think really the problem is DHL's website is very easy to copy, it's in HTML so providing you can get your hands on a similar DHL domain, you could replicate the site very easily and write a script that shows your apparent order, this and the fact alot of people who are fooled by this arent very IT literate so they're un-aware of these things. I noticed very early on things like the order number I was given was the only order that ever came up, if I removed a number and replaced with another, nothing would come up. Also, links on the site were broken, the login script didnt work at all, it didnt seem logical for someone to be able to access a site without a username or password and be able to access order information, purely against the law of information privacy, many other things also like this had to go through Western Union, who for those that do not know, is a elaborated bank transfer, that in most cases requires no identity proof upon claiming, so it's very un-secure and dangerous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom