DF Prince-hunt and loot (rant)

H

<Harle>

Ok, before i start my little rant I got to say that I had a great time in DF this evening: we killed all 3 princes while battering down mids and albs on the way - it seemed like nothing was able to stop us and it was some great fun - too bad i had to log after the 3rd prince: and this is where my rant starts.

The nice loot from those friendly princes was distributed afterwards in mbeo, thus leaving out those people who logged earlier ( I'm sure i wasn't the only one) or who were lost on the way ( felt especially sorry for Zana who died with 1 bub left to 50 in a position where she couldn't be ressed :/ ). In this way people who left early weren't even given the chance to enter the lottery for those highly wanted drops.
On top of that only the items were distributed among the participants of the raid - the fact that the loot-group ( the one that strangely got 90% of every loot) also had tons of diamond seals wasn't even mentioned.

Personally am very disappointed with the way this turned out in the end, seeing as it was very smooth during the hunt i thought we would find a reasonable solution for the bounty afterwards. Guess i was wrong, and I'm very disappointed right now.
I laughed about the albs when people wouldn't give out their dragon-drops so everyone had an even chance, but now I realize that such people are not only on albion.

S

spankya

This happened at the other prince today where an item was picked up and someone who was ideally suited for that item wasnt given it even though he had been there from the start of the trip there... not mentioning names here...

Its also happened on other occassions in mass EZ trips, although I have to admit most people are pretty cool and give the item(s) to the most suitable person depending on lvl/class and most items get shared out.

I'm affraid thats the way it is.... some people just want to hold onto some things for RL/guild/game mates or just hold onto it to go round saying 'Oh, look what I've got, isnt it great? Dont u wish u had one?? hehehe' and that pisses me off loads. Not much we can do about it, apart from continue sharing and being fair to each other and hope others follow stride.

Just remember... We play this game for fun, and we all need each other to make it fun for ourselves and others so being fair and helpful to each other makes it more fun for us all.

K

Keri

So everything was distributed in mBeo? Hmmm .. that's strange .. I was told that there would be a post listing all the drops on this forum, and a lottery would be held.

I'm not whining or complaining .. I don't mind that I got no drops, and didn't get a single seal either .. I had fun, and got some exp. I do feel sorry for those other people who also didn't get a chance to get any drops.

One other point .. why did some groups not bother to pick up their seals? You may be uber enough not to need anything more in the game, but it would have been nice if you had picked them up, and distributed them to those players who got nothing at all.

All in all, I had a blast .. and thanks for the fun. :D

E

err0r

Drops are one ugly issue in grouping. Almost all of my groups are dominated by RL-mates / guildies, so there won't be much of these probs. But when I join a existing group, I prepare to not receive a single drop and therefore don't whine about it.

Some ppl are kind enough to offer some they don't need, thanks to them.

G

Gahldir

WEll, how do you wish it was shared?

Post the items here on BW? does everyone know the adress to this place etc etc...? and will we then hand it to anybody that is fited for the item or try to give it to someone who acctually was in the raid? and if we gonna do it in the later way, who will be responsible to hold all the names of the raiders in his/her memory for the time it takes?

I think handing out it in mBeo is the best (maybe not fairest) way to do it. and if you have to logg etc, you could ask someone to represent you atleast.

go ahead and flame me if you wish, but this isn't the easiest issue. this is infact a major problem with DF, the drops can make you lose ingame-friends :(

W

Wuren

Originally posted by &lt;Harle&gt;
Ok, before i start my little rant I got to say that I had a great time in DF this evening: we killed all 3 princes while battering down mids and albs on the way - it seemed like nothing was able to stop us and it was some great fun - too bad i had to log after the 3rd prince: and this is where my rant starts.

The nice loot from those friendly princes was distributed afterwards in mbeo, thus leaving out those people who logged earlier ( I'm sure i wasn't the only one) or who were lost on the way ( felt especially sorry for Zana who died with 1 bub left to 50 in a position where she couldn't be ressed :/ ). In this way people who left early weren't even given the chance to enter the lottery for those highly wanted drops.
On top of that only the items were distributed among the participants of the raid - the fact that the loot-group ( the one that strangely got 90% of every loot) also had tons of diamond seals wasn't even mentioned.

Personally am very disappointed with the way this turned out in the end, seeing as it was very smooth during the hunt i thought we would find a reasonable solution for the bounty afterwards. Guess i was wrong, and I'm very disappointed right now.
I laughed about the albs when people wouldn't give out their dragon-drops so everyone had an even chance, but now I realize that such people are not only on albion.

Right, It was me and Lews who organised the prince raid, we clearly said (both in cg and yelled) that the loot would be distributed in mbeo AFTER we had got ganked/stopped or whatever.

My group diddint get 90 % of the drops, we got them all. Why? Cuase i tanked all 3 princes. We gave all drops to Gahldir in our group so it would be easier to hand them out later. Sounds like you think we did it out of greed? Did we keep any drops for ourselfs? No. We did what we thought was best, and staying inside DF at prince/guard spawn sorting drops i dont even consider, those who have organised raids/events know's how hard it is to controle the zerg.

Ive been to 3 major raid's in DF now, sorting the loot in mbeo has worked good all the time. Do you expect ppl to spend hours on the forum after bitching about drops and arguing who was there or not? As always with sharing drops some ppl get pissed and what so ever, and we even lost the sickle somewhere on the way but it was found later that night.

And as for the "tons of diamond seals", would love to know who got them.

E

Eleasias

I thought the loot was shared pretty well? The guy who could make the best use of it got it, most of the time :> (DONT GIVE ANYTHING TO ELVES!)

O

old.Tzeentch

one thing
if you are...how do i say this... useless...ie.. a level 32 nuker.

trying to hit a level 65 mob or smth

you are not adding anything tbh

so

imo, you shouldn't be in the lotto

isn't too hard to /stick then leech items

also

ALTS SHOULD NOT BE IN DROP DISTRO!!

<unless the alt actually CAME to the hunt>

people should also not HAVE to give up their old item if they get a drop..

some people farm for ages for a rare drop..then they get something slightly better in a hunt... it's not fair to make them give up the old item..

for instance

if there was a mentalist staff that dropped and I wanted it

there is no way in hell someone is getting my old arch mentalist staff...that is hard to get, and is fine for a level 50...

O

Odon

ROFL

I was in a guild group exping when we got wiped by a room pull, then we sat and watched an Alb raid party wipe 20-30 Hibs out..... only to see 3 minutes later you all running through to do your DF hunt.

Managed to persuade my group to tag along .. 1/2 decided to not come along ... boring! ... or maybe it's just that at 45 I am a little more excited by new things.. (pull banshee ... taunt taunt taunt .. kinda gets repetitive at times).

So we tagged along as a group of 4, 2 tanks, 1 ns and a lev 36 Druid .. we got to the end .. with our druid porting to some unknown space ... tried to it the last mob. Was great... not one drop and lost any xp i gained .. but got some great screenshots..

Thanks!

So when do we go again?

C

CBH_Music

imo the items was given out fair. even tho im a lvl 50 bard and there were this nice gem, i didnt apply to get it - mainly cause i only play my bard for farming to my ranger :)

G

Gahldir

Re: ROFL

Originally posted by Odon

So we tagged along as a group of 4, 2 tanks, 1 ns and a lev 36 Druid .. we got to the end .. with our druid porting to some unknown space ... tried to it the last mob. Was great... not one drop and lost any xp i gained .. but got some great screenshots..

Thanks!

So when do we go again?

That's the spirit! (...that everyone should have)

N

Novamir

itamitamitaim DF dukeprincegankgetspear omfgglowgiv+10cswtfomfglowlev noobwtfitamnot gvei givitam wtf ffs sealgiv ?/???
nuff said

yea, lol

and, rofl, yea

p.s i own

H

<Harle>

Ah well, always wonderfull how different things look after a good nights sleep :)
I was just a bit pissed last night, not about not getting a drop, but rather about not having the chance to get one, but I think that getting a representative who trys to claim something for me could have worked ( though it would have taken ages to explain what I really need ;) ). As for the seals, I just heard that at one stage people in that group had like 40 allready, while other groups had ( you guessed it) none.
I don't want to let this thread shed a wrong light on me, since I've never been one of the GIV ITAM persons, I just felt kind of used last night, but I see that it was ok after all.
One more thing though ( slightly off-topic):

Originally posted by Wuren: My group diddint get 90 % of the drops, we got them all. Why? Cuase i tanked all 3 princes.

Ok, first of all you dont get the loot for tanking, the group doing most dmg gets it, and with 6 groups the fact that one group maybe did 17% dmg while the other only did a poor 16% doesn't really justify anything, but that's game-mechanics and nothing can be done about it.
But my point is: WHY THE FUCK DO YOU TANK ??? You're a spear-hero! Get one of the realms shield-bitches ( Arya and me, dunno about others) to do the main tanking-job. You cant have anyone better for that job. We got an almost 80% chance to block/parry/evade an enemy attack, which saves a LOT of mana on our healers. If you hunt sth big, get a shield-gimp, nuff said ( it's the only thing we are good in anyway ;) )

OK, back to the game now, i want some ITAMS ;)

O

old.lewstherin

The mbeo idea is the best... as long as everyone knows it will b shared like that. DRops should b distributed asap... but fair too. If u log etc... make sure ur represented by teammates. Lotto.... that will take week before someone gets anything. And I really dont have the time or energy to do a lottery that is more unfair than distribution in mbeo where everyone votes and discuss the drops and who gets them. Most fair imo.

W

Wuren

Well wont go into a discussion on who keeps aggro best, and i dont get hit often with such high parry and a shielder guarding me + bubble :p

K

Khalen

Oh don't worry we still have those people who can't share fair. Had it last night again. They don't have to count on me or my guild again if they wanna organise something like that again.

We made it yesterday to the room before the Legion, we got nagged before it by a big spawn, with an Earl who looks like a cat...

H

<Harle>

Wuren, you died on the bridge to the alb-prince :p I'm just asking that people let me do my job here - can you tank keep-lords without getting hit ? ;)

P

- Pathfinder -

Tank group; get a shield spec paladin, run heal chant, have 2-3 scouts with 42 shield Guard him, all dex buffed. Scouts are evilly good at blocking ;)

S

Slinker

I was in a group / groups earlier the ones with 50 ranger/50 NS IIRC .Enjoyed the whole thing immensely , killed the Prince all get disconnected at that point for server maintenance , when i log back about 5 - 10 minutes later there were a few of us there . At that point the drops were shared "cough" sorry sore throat . Anyway think it was a ranger/assassin dagger which was the contention between 2 lvl 50's , oh by the way forget my lvl 41 Ranger who was there from the start , he was told he did'nt count and would'nt get a drop because basically , and I quote " your not level 50 " . Next time if all the drops went to me do you think I should share them :) , probably , because I'm not a lvl 50 twat , hehe . Anyway I raised the issue that when they got the dagger ( this goes for any item for any class )it would be nice if they handed something they had been using to a lower member , ie me :p ,after all i was there from the start , well I was the only other Ranger :) , this was met with a profound silence , which I can still hear by the way . I cannot remember now if it was me or someone else mentioned , ok you high levels get the drops , how about you share out what seals dropped for lower members , that way no one is left out and we all get something from this , one member actually handed me 3 Emerald seals :) :) :) I took them for the hell of it , can you imagine , really ? Anyway after that we bumped into some albs , took care of those , then an army of trolls who took care of us :p and made over 3000 rp's , so yeah I came away with something after all , good old RP's where would we be without those . I would like thought's on this subject . I know drops will always be a bone of contention and high lvls do more damage etc , I am not / will not take anything from them at all , they do a bloody good job , but somehow there must be a way to keep more people happy even if it is only a seal distribution . just my thoughts .Bye folks .

O

old.Tzeentch

in an ideal world
drops would go to the guy that made most use of it
and not the guy who just came on once a month or something

to the guy who would have most use of it, and use it properly

but everyone in this game is as if they know everything about the game and they deserve all the drops

all i can say is i hope CF will start to go as a guild only

W

Wuren

Harle i also died 3 times when we climbed the cliffs cuase i fell down, and i cannot tank a keep lord without getting hit. But it's great to know that we have someone who can

K

Keri

As I said earlier, I wasn't whining or complaining at all. I had a blast, got some exp and some RP, and learned more about the layout and mobs in DF. I didn't know the drops were being distributed in mBeo though. I guess I missed a /yell on that, and I don't think we had anyone in the cg at that point either. I for one, would not have expected to get an item drop, but I agree with the suggestions others have put forward .. that perhaps seals could be given to those who don't get drops, and got no seals, or those who did get drops could donate older items to those who got nothing. That kind of thing would probably done within guilds .. I know that it would be that way in my own guild.

Thanks again guys for the great time I had, and I hope I do get another invite .. I don't care about the drops. :D

S

Slinker

Means I'd have to join a guild , should be same with guilldess people too . I should'nt/we should'nt , guildless people that is , be forced into a guild just to get something out of it :) , But we'll see on that score :)

C

CBH_Music

must have been the light #from new spear" in wurens eyes when he climed the ladders LOL - damn u sux0r at it m8 :p

C

cjkace

Hunting like this is always going to cause problems as one or two groups are likely to gain everything - drops and seals. I don't particularly mind if I don't get a drop (drops disappearing into the ether do piss me off however) but here is a suggestion for better DF uber mob drop sharing.

1 - Limit the size of the party to 6 x full groups of 8 if possible all lvl 47+.

2 - Tell everyone present what is happening, who is collecting the loot and seals, and the time/loc of the share.

3 - Nominate one person to hold all drops, and that person must also make a cg with one member from each group, collect all names (write them down on a piece of paper, won't take more than 10 minutes). The person holding the drops MUST have an empty backpack.

4 - Nominate another person to hold all Diamond Seals - these should be stacked in 20s by the collectors and handed to the holder. They too must have an empty pack at the start.

5 - Take a little more time going round DF and kill all the Princes/Dukes/Marquis before taking on Legion - nearly all of these drop uber items. Killing all 3 princes and the Chancellor alone will net between 18 and 24 items.

6 - When the hunt is done meet up at the loc and start sharing out the drops. Get the item holder and seal holder to stand away from the rest and randomly pass seals/items between each other until they are jumbled up.

7 - With luck there will be enough for everyone to get something whether its 20 seals or a legion drop.

8 - Lottery system example -

Fred - item holder gets 30 items
Bill - seal holder has 22 x 20 diamond seals

Fred and Billl randomly share until Fred has a full pack of mixed loot - numbered 1 to 40, and Bill takes the rest 41 to 52.

One at a time the people from the hunt goto Fred and Bill and say a number between 1 and 52 - whatever is there they get etc etc etc.

Thereby everyone gets something whether they can use or not and if say a tank got a robe, an archer got a spear and a mage got a bow they can then trade between each other IF THEY WANT TO or give the said item to a guildmate.

Its not foolproof, but its FAIR.

H

<Harle>

Originally posted by Wuren
Harle i also died 3 times when we climbed the cliffs cuase i fell down, and i cannot tank a keep lord without getting hit. But it's great to know that we have someone who can

hey, I never said I could :D

N

Novamir

cjk thats a nice idea but when will you people learn that Diamond Seals -> Novamir !??"?!?"?!£>4567

O

old.ST200

levl 50's will realise that there arent MANY good things to get with diamond seals. Some of the jewlery is ok for capping off stats that epic armour doesnt, buttttttt I mean I have 300 diamonds atm and nothing to buy with em :/ nobody cares about sealz!

<< noob

Users who are viewing this thread