DF nerf in pendragon

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
hot from owen.

- The stun component on the Albion thrust style, Dragonfang, has been reduced to 5 seconds. We will be offering a respec for those affected by the Dragonfang change before this change goes to the live servers.

http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1370.shtml

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Those new healing class spells seem odd Oo but i LOVE the crush artifact changes, it puts crush users on same lv as any other now(artifact wise)

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Those new healing class spells seem odd

If they work, I rate them as very clever. All buffs work exactly as they do now, but the more you have, the more you're at risk from buff shearing spells. Plus enchancement characters are now much more useful in a group to knock out the opponent's buffs, and with buffs being removed, you'll want them closer.

It doesn't stop buffbotting, just makes it a lot less attractive.

Darzil

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Those new healing class spells seem odd Oo but i LOVE the crush artifact changes, it puts crush users on same lv as any other now(artifact wise)

reavers still only get 1 flex choice though, and a shite 1 too :(

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
it's not live yet and judging the whine on vnboards it'll prolly get upped to overpowered rates again.

It doesn't affect prydwen anyhow since all we have is a bunch of garotte spamming teamers

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Pif Nerf Dragon fang for infils yer but for trust mercs aswell sucks tbh should have left it as 9 secs for us with evade 1 not like were gonna pop it after 2 attacks.

Conchabar

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Pif Nerf Dragon fang for infils yer but for trust mercs aswell sucks tbh should have left it as 9 secs for us with evade 1 not like were gonna pop it after 2 attacks.
lol it dont effect thrust mercs in the least what u actualy bother to back df up with ds? makes sense to back it up with a parry style

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Sparda said:
reavers still only get 1 flex choice though, and a shite 1 too :(

But Reavers get Choice of Slashing or Crushing Flails with no Double speccing. The Only Class in Alb to get that ;)

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
But Reavers get Choice of Slashing or Crushing Flails with no Double speccing. The Only Class in Alb to get that ;)

Yeah but our 1 and only artifact weapon is slash, like it or lump it. Its also slower then most 1 legged 90 year olds running for the bus :twak:

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Conchabar said:
lol it dont effect thrust mercs in the least what u actualy bother to back df up with ds? makes sense to back it up with a parry style

Lol ofc i back up with parry then reset with DF if i evade :)

But to change the stun to a 5sec one for a lv 50 reactionary wep style stinks

InertiaSlave

Fledgling Freddie
I liked the infil TLs suggestion of all assassins sharing a common evade stun: leaper.

That would open dragonfang up to being changed to a followup.. Maybe for pierce or basiliskfang? :clap:

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Ack

Garok said:

There are Thrust specced Mercs? ;)

Vae

Resident Freddy
Gahn said:
There are Thrust specced Mercs? ;)

I have a thrust specced merc - He even leveled that way :)

He has 50 thrust but DF only makes the hotbar during PvE - no point in it in RvR. Shadow Rain with Dual shadows back up instead. If this patch goes live there's no point in my merc EVER using DF. Reflection/Hypnotic Darkness is far more common and also will have a longer stun.

Maybe DF needed a nerf but the fact its now worse than a hib lvl 25 style shows how stupid this is. Thrust is a crap line already and DF (for infs) was the only good thing going for it. (I wanted to be different hence speccing Thrust even though its gimped. Well I suppose it's nice vs Healers).

If you spec to level 50 you should get a good style for it - not a lvl 25 style. I strongly suspect the number of slash infs to rise sharply and thus create more whines from SB's. Might help the tanks though who will be harder to take down for infs though.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vae said:
I have a thrust specced merc - He even leveled that way :)

He has 50 thrust but DF only makes the hotbar during PvE - no point in it in RvR. Shadow Rain with Dual shadows back up instead. If this patch goes live there's no point in my merc EVER using DF. Reflection/Hypnotic Darkness is far more common and also will have a longer stun.

Maybe DF needed a nerf but the fact its now worse than a hib lvl 25 style shows how stupid this is. Thrust is a crap line already and DF (for infs) was the only good thing going for it. (I wanted to be different hence speccing Thrust even though its gimped. Well I suppose it's nice vs Healers).

If you spec to level 50 you should get a good style for it - not a lvl 25 style. I strongly suspect the number of slash infs to rise sharply and thus create more whines from SB's. Might help the tanks though who will be harder to take down for infs though.

what u miss is that DF isnt not worse than the piercelines Diamondback... higher damage, high-tohit, 5s stun off evade...

what you also miss is that there are quite many lvl50 styles that are far worse off aswell than albions 50style in thrust even after the nerf.

You yourself said you dont use DF much in RVR already as it is...

Whats the real problem?

whine over the real problems in the game instead mate.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Vae said:

Then it wont effect you unless you have an infil alt ^^

Vae said:

Its Not Worse than a lvl 25 Style, The Damage on DF is Still the most damaging move in the Thrust line, wouldnt be hard thou, and 1 of the most damaging an Infil can pull off, so even if the target is only stunned for 5s your still going to evade some after stun wears off and you can use it again as a backup for very nice damage.

< And speccing Thrust would make you exactly the opposite to different as Every Infil except for a hand full were spec'd Thrust and as for Mercs, Any Merc rolled in an fotm gg is Thrust because of damage tables it makes it superior to slash and crush. Also the fact that when your str/con debuffed your damage / WS is only 50% debuffed as opposed to 100% debuffed and you WILL get str/con or str debuffed in a fg V fg fight, hello der mana elds and shamans.>

Vae said:

I Very much doubt it. Slashs still has no stun and 5s stun > no Stun. Also both NS's and SB's use str/con debuff's so with Slash infils ther WS/ Damage will be patheic and with Heat Legendary weapons here it makes no difference with Slash + on SB's and - on NS's when you can get + on both :D. The heat Legendary weapons mean 15% + to dmg as opposed to +10% on sb's and -10% on NS's < using slash> or -10% on Sb's and 0% on ns's < using Thrust>. So being slash is pointless now really. Yes Tanks will be Harder to kill now because of the legendary weapons and the damage tables, you were right about that even if you didnt Realize it :D.

______________Heat___Cold___Matter___Energy

all Cloth_______+0%____+0%_____+0%______+0%
all Leather____+15%___-10%_____-5%______+0%
Studded/Reinf__-10%____+5%_____+5%______+5%
all Chain______-10%____+0%_____+0%_____+10%
Plate/Scale____-10%___+10%____-10%_____+10%

So basically, Dont take things out of proportion until you sit down and think about it, or at least read around a bit.

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Shike said:
what u miss is that DF isnt not worse than the piercelines Diamondback... higher damage, high-tohit, 5s stun off evade...

This has no bearing in RvR except to add to the Flat out Rate for your enemy to miss in RvR. It will not increase your chance to hit/ evade / be evaded.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vindicator said:
This has no bearing in RvR except to add to the Flat out Rate for your enemy to miss in RvR. It will not increase your chance to hit/ evade / be evaded.

from own experience id say that high-to-hit on a style land more often than a style which has no to-hit at all in both RvR and PvE tbh. I cant prove it since I cba to do long tests etc on it and id be happy if you show me a link to a full test of to-hit's affects in reality.

Falcon

Fledgling Freddie
tbh I'm just shocked Mythic finally got the balls to nerf Albion :p

Lyrre

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicar is right.

The things that determine your chanse to hit/miss is attackers lvl vs defenders lvl, attackers weaponbonus vs defenders armor bonus, style bonus to hit plus some randon mumbo jumbo :)

After the game engine have calculated if you outright miss/hit, it determines if the attackers style is evaded/parried/blocked (in that order, i am 99% certain of this :) ).
Weaponskill vs enemys defence (shield-spec, parry-spec, evadelvl + basestat for the defence skill/ability) determines if the attacker bypass the defenders defence.
When this is done the damage is calculated. Simple as pie, hehe :)

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Albion - 5 sec stun we have to train to 50 to get
Hibernia - 6 sec stun they have to train to 25 to get
Both evade reactionaries.

Not sure what mid has.

Sorry, I though the whole idea of the lvl 50 styles were that they were good!

Savage - 9 sec positional stun, not sure what level
Champ/Hero - 9 sec positional stun, lvl 50 style
Polearmsman - 9 sec positional stun, lvl 44 style
Any shield spec class - 9 sec anytime stun, lvl 42 style

What is so bad about the thrust line getting a lvl 50 9 sec stun style anyway, when most melee classes already have access to them? As it's a reactionary, and not an any time or positional, it can never be used on healers/casters or any other tank not directly meleeing you. In these days of assist-trains, the rear positional 9 sec stun styles (hib LW and alb polearm) and slam are the kings of styles, yet you dont here people complain about them.

nuky

Fledgling Freddie
ur forgetting that u probably have the most powerful ability in the game (in its current form) - stealth. the ability in itself is a complete joke. u can pick which fights u want and dont want, these 'pure tanks' cant. stealthers should not, in no way shape or form compare to a tank, yet a lot of people still think its fine that they do :|

klavrynd

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
Albion - 5 sec stun we have to train to 50 to get
Hibernia - 6 sec stun they have to train to 25 to get
Both evade reactionaries.

Not sure what mid has.

need to spec 39 in a seperate line ( LA) to get a 6s 2nd in evade chain stun

Vindicator

One of Freddy's beloved
Smurflord said:
What is so bad about the thrust line getting a lvl 50 9 sec stun style anyway, when most melee classes already have access to them? As it's a reactionary, and not an any time or positional, it can never be used on healers/casters or any other tank not directly meleeing you. In these days of assist-trains, the rear positional 9 sec stun styles (hib LW and alb polearm) and slam are the kings of styles, yet you dont here people complain about them.

Thrust is primarly used by Infils.

This move is based off Evade.

Infils have the highest level of Evade in Alb.

There's some facts to chew on, Now. The reason why this move is so 'overpowered' is because it is used by a solo class to win in solo fights, or at least in mini stealth zerg grps ;). A 9s Stun on your enemy means Certain Death for him unless he has Purge up, If you had 9s free to hit somebody you bloody well better kill them tbh.

The moves and abilities you speak of, Are primarly used by Main tank's in Each of the respective Realms. Anhil lvl 50 Move for Hib, Defenders revenge lvl 44 move for alb and lvl 42 move for all realms with shield spec. When these stuns are used it is rarely in a 1v1 situation and the ppl that are stunned have healers backing them up during that stun duration etc.

Those moves you talk about as well Are not done in 1.5 secs either, A LW has to be swung to stun the person from behind, It could be an instant hit or they could have to 5/5.5 secs to hit. Polearms have to use 2 moves to get there stun in, 5/6 secs to hit and thats x2 so 5/12 secs to get there stun off if they hit them in the back first. Slam is an anytime move, could be first hit they land it, in which case its instant. Then again for anybody that has slam they must know of the pure 'miss' rate of it ;) and then if your target evade's / blocks / parrys / has bt absorb it etc. DF use's a tiny amount of End, even if you miss you will be hitting again in 1.5secs anyway and also it hits for Great Damage. You also have Evade 7 and 250+ qui to rely on.

So yes this move did indeed need some attention. People get far 2 hung up on the fact that its duration, you can still chain that move over and over again because infil evade rate is insane as it stands anyway, flys over so many peoples heads. Oh so you dont get a free 9s to kill your opponent, you have a similar stun as them now. Yes its a lvl 50 move, Just because its only 5s dura doesnt mean its not a good move. Its a decent stun and Great damage with little end useage. Be glad you still have 2.5 spec points ^^.

And I dont think I have ever been called Vindicar :mad:

There is a car range called Vindicator thou ...............

http://www.vindicator.co.uk/

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Vindicator said:
Thrust is primarly used by Infils.

This move is based off Evade.

Infils have the highest level of Evade in Alb.

There's some facts to chew on, Now. The reason why this move is so 'overpowered' is because it is used by a solo class to win in solo fights, or at least in mini stealth zerg grps ;). A 9s Stun on your enemy means Certain Death for him unless he has Purge up, If you had 9s free to hit somebody you bloody well better kill them tbh.

The moves and abilities you speak of, Are primarly used by Main tank's in Each of the respective Realms. Anhil lvl 50 Move for Hib, Defenders revenge lvl 44 move for alb and lvl 42 move for all realms with shield spec. When these stuns are used it is rarely in a 1v1 situation and the ppl that are stunned have healers backing them up during that stun duration etc.

Those moves you talk about as well Are not done in 1.5 secs either, A LW has to be swung to stun the person from behind, It could be an instant hit or they could have to 5/5.5 secs to hit. Polearms have to use 2 moves to get there stun in, 5/6 secs to hit and thats x2 so 5/12 secs to get there stun off if they hit them in the back first. Slam is an anytime move, could be first hit they land it, in which case its instant. Then again for anybody that has slam they must know of the pure 'miss' rate of it ;) and then if your target evade's / blocks / parrys / has bt absorb it etc. DF use's a tiny amount of End, even if you miss you will be hitting again in 1.5secs anyway and also it hits for Great Damage. You also have Evade 7 and 250+ qui to rely on.

So yes this move did indeed need some attention. People get far 2 hung up on the fact that its duration, you can still chain that move over and over again because infil evade rate is insane as it stands anyway, flys over so many peoples heads. Oh so you dont get a free 9s to kill your opponent, you have a similar stun as them now. Yes its a lvl 50 move, Just because its only 5s dura doesnt mean its not a good move. Its a decent stun and Great damage with little end useage. Be glad you still have 2.5 spec points ^^.

And I dont think I have ever been called Vindicar :mad:

There is a car range called Vindicator thou ...............

http://www.vindicator.co.uk/

good post

Makwaerk

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
Savage - 9 sec positional stun, not sure what level
Champ/Hero - 9 sec positional stun, lvl 50 style
Polearmsman - 9 sec positional stun, lvl 44 style
Any shield spec class - 9 sec anytime stun, lvl 42 style

The savage one is second in chain, unless you got the duration on the stun wrong on the backstyle wich is 4 sec's

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Pole arms one is second in chain too and hard to pull off since it's behind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom