df maps ?

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

hello can anybody post a link to a accurate df map plz and also one with mob's on them also .

thnx in advance for replys

B

Breni

Also, can anyone post where the non-relic keep entrance to DF is?

B

Brannor McThife

Anybody notice that all the merchants in DF have names ending in "O"?

:m00:

-G

O

old.Tohtori

Oi, as soon as something new comes along, noone even bothers to first enter the new place, explore, have fun before ...*points up* GImme map and best place for exp :D

No offence but this has become the plague of MMORPG really.

B

Breni

And I only wanted to know how to get in there without running through Uppland... :(

But yeah, I do know what you mean - not enough people play for the joy of discovery. It seems that if any game isn't "who can kill and level/get whatever the fastest", it gets bent into that shape in the end.

It's even happened with an old text MUD I used to play - lots of people stopped playing because the RP element died and it was just "Text Quake"

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Oi, as soon as something new comes along, noone even bothers to first enter the new place, explore, have fun before ...*points up* GImme map and best place for exp :D

No offence but this has become the plague of MMORPG really.
Take it at a snail's pace and its entertainment value may last till the next patch.

Race in like the hare and one will be the first to moan that there's nothing new to do.

I only found where the entrance to Malmohus was a week or two after it opened. Exploring is fun, and gives a better sense of completion; different folks have different paces of play, it's as simple as that.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

i played in df on gorre several times . and also played df a cple of times on american server with a low lvl .
its not a case of rushing at all its called beiong safe nd getting to know the terrain i dont wanna gp exp there to find im exping right next to middy entrence and get exp killed . and also yes i would like to know what lvls the mobs r and what seals they drop , would be silly to pulla purp thinking a grp of 8 40-45's cankill it when the mobs is a lvl 70+ and has adds ;

E

erl

Originally posted by old.¥ØÐÄ
i played in df on gorre several times . and also played df a cple of times on american server with a low lvl .
its not a case of rushing at all its called beiong safe nd getting to know the terrain i dont wanna gp exp there to find im exping right next to middy entrence and get exp killed . and also yes i would like to know what lvls the mobs r and what seals they drop , would be silly to pulla purp thinking a grp of 8 40-45's cankill it when the mobs is a lvl 70+ and has adds ;
Hehe, level 70 adds is fun, I remember us yesterday, pulling a lvl 68ish knight standing alone. The little knight has two friends behind the entrance to the next room who we don't see. They add and we get pretty much spanked with big evil flaming swords. Great fun ;)

O

old.Kennsai

there is also a pretty nice darkness falls map at this site aswell as some hibernia zone maps. its a pretty nice map worth a look at.

Maps--nice darkness map

shows approximately what type of seal is dropped from the mobs etc.

edit: oh and if you wanna know the lvl range's of the mobs they can be found at this site.

Darkness falls--mobs

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by old.¥ØÐÄ
its not a case of rushing at all its called beiong safe nd getting to know the terrain i dont wanna gp exp there to find im exping right next to middy entrence and get exp killed .
Sure, I'm looking at it from a level 50 perspective, where exploration and getting killed only sets you back a bit of time and the cost of the healer's extortionate constitution restoration.

Still, even when I was below level 50 I'd often wander; I remember the first time I managed to sneak into Vanern Swamp, I got all the way to the abandoned hotel on the west side. It was a great sense of fulfilment, and there is this concern that a lot of people are missing this by cutting straight to the chase.

I always thought that the game guides I'd see in Electronics Boutique didn't sell that well because people want to beat a game on their own skills, but it's evident from a few threads I've read that they may be more lucrative than I at first thought. Since they changed the label 'cheat guides' to 'hints and tips' and 'FAQs' it seems more accepted to use them, but hey, a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.

G

Gef

Its called powergaming, people who play to win, be the best. Climb to the top of the 'uber' ladder as fast as possible to completely 0Wn everybody else. People who buy the book, read the guides before entering somewhere (or even play the game) so they can rush straight to the best XP/Loot spots before anybody else. I suppose a lot of people do it in a way, everybody aspires to greatness, but sometimes the fun is in the journey not the result. Thats fine if thats your thing, leave people to it. Just like roleplayers, you dont have to like it, but leave people to their style of play.

What I do hate, is when people try to ruin others enjoyment of a game by trying to enforce their ideals on people. This is always going to be an issue with games of this type, guess we should all learn to live with it.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

For the record I was criticising rather than trying to enforce my playing style on others (and what a fine line there is between the two). I did say in an earlier post in this thread 'different folks have different paces of play'.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Gef
Its called powergaming, people who play to win, be the best. Climb to the top of the 'uber' ladder as fast as possible to completely 0Wn everybody else. People who buy the book, read the guides before entering somewhere (or even play the game) so they can rush straight to the best XP/Loot spots before anybody else. I suppose a lot of people do it in a way, everybody aspires to greatness, but sometimes the fun is in the journey not the result. Thats fine if thats your thing, leave people to it. Just like roleplayers, you dont have to like it, but leave people to their style of play.

What I do hate, is when people try to ruin others enjoyment of a game by trying to enforce their ideals on people. This is always going to be an issue with games of this type, guess we should all learn to live with it.

Myself, not trying to enforce anything. If i even could enforce my ideas on everyone then midgard would have carrots for guardposts and watermelons for forts :D

Simply as i said, no offence, just a thing that goes around every game. Every game that comes out allready has a ton of maps, hacks, uber "3733t" skillbars and technical whatnot out there.

Go, have fun, print a map and find every little nignag there is before you can even sneeze with your level 50 char but as someone said, don't come and whine that there's nothing to do after you've explored it all with a speed that would make Gordon Flash look like a snail.

There's no good or bad in gaming, just people who do things silly :p

G

Gef

At the end of the day whats right for one person may be someone else's worst fears made reality. Just like real life, I dont really like organised religion but you can bet your ass there are plenty of people out there that love it.

Doesnt mean they are wrong, whatever floats yer' boat and all that. But if they came round my house and started telling me about Jesus, i'd say NO, you can take your freakin' leaflets and shove em up your arse.

O

old.¥ØÐÄ

Originally posted by Gef

if you think im any of the above you are well and truely mistaken . ive been playing this game a long time and play MANY hours everyday . i am 100% definate if i was one of the above POWERGAMERS you speak of that i would have at least 3 lvl 50's easyby now and be in 30's of nextone . since i started doac i have played EVERY char type on albion "except a cabby" :) and not got many of them +lvl 10 . ive had a 34 mins "deleted" 27 cleric "deleted" 25scout "deleted" plus chars on prydwyn and also now on usa servers , you say people are power gamers for going to exp hot spot ,, dont you ever goto them ? when u exp dont you wanna get as much exp as possible . maybe you just see it from that point ofview cos u r a scout and styrggle to lvl and get grps . if maps are so bad then why do MYTHIC and GOA have maps on there websites of the frontiers ? i agree with all your above points though power gamers / people who tell you how to build/play your char . these do spoil the game . but somebody seeking a map so he/they know where they can exp SAFELY is not a bad thing .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom