DF Bug question

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
As many know , atm there is a DF bug that allows access to hib in DF even tho they dont have the "proper rights to df" .. now after GOA being so keen to enforce there COC about bug abusing and cheating.

do you think GOA should act on people taking advantage of the DF bug, i know it sounds pettty . but it is a bug after all which people do know about yet they constantly use it. wether it be a warning or a suspension or ban.

People have been warned etc for lesser stuff that they didnt know about. so should those whome knowingly use the DF bug by constantly going to df when they know there realm has no proper access be punished?

/discuss

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
hmm I thought this was a new feature, im pretty sure i saw somewhere in my UI somethign similar to this:

Darkness Falls:Albion (xx tower)

access time left for hibernia: 48:32

maybe i have just been dreaming or touched some fairy a little too mcuh, i dont know, cant find it again either :D

living

Fledgling Freddie
MadsKaizer said:
hmm I thought this was a new feature, im pretty sure i saw somewhere in my UI somethign similar to this:

Darkness Falls:Albion (xx tower)

access time left for hibernia: 48:32

maybe i have just been dreaming or touched some fairy a little too mcuh, i dont know, cant find it again either :D

No hib got perma access nomatter what :>

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
No, its GOAS responsibility to block up the entrance, cant hold some poor luri responsible just cause he tried to go through a door and the door let him!

Tbh DF is kinda pointless, exp groups down there are risky and the mobs have too many abilities, seals are next to useless compared to aurulite, I would just let all 3 reams in all the time so maybe theres some decent action down there one day..

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Boni said:
No, its GOAS responsibility to block up the entrance, cant hold some poor luri responsible just cause he tried to go through a door and the door let him!

QUOTE]

isnt that similar to sum1 standing on a rock killing mobs whilst they cant touch you?

cant stop a poor luwi standing on a rock . not his fault mobs cant hit him.!!! But people still get banned for it.

the way i see it.. it is a known BUG . and as i said above most know this is a bug . hence if they do it and they DO know its a Bug.. should they be punished? maybe there is a fine line between right and wrong in this case.

but IMO its bug abusing.

as for exp useless ... i disagree. i like doing the prince raids or dommel/princess and high lords. its an AWESOME change from doing DS non stop or td's .. it also gives hibs and unfair advantage IMO as to getting DF stuff for templates/ due to them being able to have df any time they can farm named mobs for items for template whereas mid and alb have to hope/wait/get df themselves. hence hib has easier access to template items.

yes giving access to all 3 realms would be great, but thats not the case. and hibs can enter whenever they want. which as said again is a bug.

P.S can a GM give a insight as to how GOA view this bug ?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
i guess it is bug abusing, but who is to say someone logged on, saw that hib had time left to get in and entered, not knowing that we arent supposed to be able to get in. ofc people go in knowing they shouldnt be able to, myself included but not everyone does. difficult subject.

sxx

Fledgling Freddie
What if some little luris are new to the game (no /realm spamming), not using FH and keep entering because they dont know the rules of DF?

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
sxx said:
What if some little luris are new to the game (no /realm spamming), not using FH and keep entering because they dont know the rules of DF?

if they dont know its a bug then i personally think action would b harsh ,

but im refering to the gimps that DO know its a bug im sure goa could check logs

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Boni said:
I would just let all 3 reams in all the time so maybe theres some decent action down there one day..

Totally agree.

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
problem with having darkness falls open for all three realms is that new frontiers would empty of grey killing zerging morons and they would go camp the steps in df getting 1 rp for ganking everyone and anyone who comes down the stairs.

The realm with the largest numbers in df would win. You wouldnt be able to farm or kill anything because after you clear you side of the steps the other realm would rush in and gank everyone.

Tbh it is very anoying that hibernia has access to a zone with higher than normal exp + decent gold + seals + some of the best template items for classic.

IF goa could i would prefer them just to close Darkness falls until they can fix the bug.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
Awarkle said:
IF goa could i would prefer them just to close Darkness falls until they can fix the bug.

As muach i like like my df runs ,, for rvr and pve.. i agree 100%

Close DF :)

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not sure it really makes it any easier for hibs to get template items. I wonder how many people really believing this bothered to petition about how hard it was to farm ml10 for mids and how easy it was for hibs in the early ToA days.
Any group i've been a part of that's actually had a realistic chance of killing any of the proper bosses down there also hasn't had much trouble taking a few out of the way towers to get access.

Given the number of rp's you can make just by joining the hib zerg I don't see the number of rp's got by hibs farming in DF is really game breaking, and when albs/mids get it at least there's a chance of finding some hibbies to fight in there.

Blow

Fledgling Freddie
This should be a hotfix, but its not alb advantage so they proberly fix it next year

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom