Dex/quickness affecting castin time?

O

old.Florance

I have heard that Dex and possible quickness affects casting time for spellcasters.

Is this true?

If it is, does it apply to Clerics, Wizards, Sorcerers or all casters?

Any help very welcome

Florance lvl 23 Cleric, Albion, Excalibur :)

W

-Wedge-

So far as I know Dex affects casting time (quickness doesnt)...

It is unknown (for me) if this is only for pure casters... But Dex can make a difference of max. 25% in casting time...

S

Saturnine

Dexterity affects spell casting time (and if you have them, bolt damage (partially)).

Quickness has absoloutly nothing to do with spell casting time.

Dex-based casting applies to ALL spells, be they wizardy, sorcery, clerical or even paladins.

This is usefull to know as a cleric because you'll find you concentration points are better spent giving casters DEX buffs instead of CON ones. Especially because each point of CON gives a caster about 6 more hit points (hoorah) whereas buffing their DEX a good 30 points will enable them to cast spells quicker and enable them to get a spell or two off if a monster manages to engage them. (of course if you have concentration points to spare CON is pretty delightfull :D)

H

Herbal Remedy

arf @ the ehance your cleric must have i can increase a casters hps by upto 50% :p

D

deadparrot

I read that dex increases acuracy of bolt spells too.

O

old.Florance

Thanks for enlightning me.

I'll remember to buff dex for all casters in group.

Florance lvl 25 Cleric, Albion, Excalibur :)

H

Herbal Remedy

hmmm paly rezz no hps no mana or me full hps half mana mmm which would a caster prefer :p
pallys stop wasting my rezzs

I

Ifalna

Originally posted by Herbal remedy
hmmm paly rezz no hps no mana or me full hps half mana mmm which would a caster prefer :p
pallys stop wasting my rezzs

Damn right :)

I buff all casters in the group (and myself) with dex buffs now. I'm sure it makes a difference really.

W

-Wedge-

Well, the difference that was specified was max 25%...

Now a quick calculation, a 3 second spell could then be done in 2.25 seconds... Some might not notice this, but a lot will definitly like it...

From the 1.44 patch notes:
Dexterity now modifies a spellcaster's casting time. Your casting speed can be modified up to 25% faster for a character that is max-buffed and has a high dexterity.

So, the 25% will probably be the change between 80 dex and 300(?) dex... Not many clerics will be able to boost a casters dex that much...

O

old.Zold

bah my lvl 40 wizzy has around 120 dex with items :p so kinda nice especially if you get a nice cleric buf

B

belth

70 dex briton sorc got 3 dd's off, whereas 90 dex saracen sorc got 4 dd's off before the mob reached her. The 4th dd went off just when the mob first hit her, the briton was just starting to cast the dd.

Tested it when I made my sorc :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom