Dev's round table...

K

klavrynd

heh, they got enough of being pointed at their mistakes finally

B

Belsameth

I can only wonder at when GOA will do the same here.
couldn't even say I'd blame em if they did :)

D

Derric

I dunno why,but I just want to reply "cry more n00b!!1" to that post. ;o

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by Belsameth
I can only wonder at when GOA will do the same here.
couldn't even say I'd blame em if they did :)

They did remember?

The old GOA boards...

B

Belsameth

true enough. so used to this place I forgotten all about them :p

F

Flimgoblin

this place isn't quite the same - we don't call this

"Zargar and Kemor's Hangout, come here and flame"

Which to many of the US folks seems to be what

"Dev's round table" stands for.

I think once upon a time (back in beta when there weren't so many players) the devs round table was frequented by more than just the public facing folks - the actual devs went there, discussed ideas, etc.

Can't do that now - too many angry kids.

Same happened with the goa boards - was just the "place to slag goa" - no other useful discussion actually happened. Or rather the discussion that did was drowned in the whine.

A

Arnor

the last drop was imo when mythic announced that toa came first, then rvr expansion sometime q1 2004. I hate em for that and they deserved the flames they got over it.

A

Aussie-

every topic had the same replies

'but you got this and that and that '
'stfu noob'

:sleeping:

C

cougar-

devboard was probably the deepest pit of the cursed tomb called vnboards, no wonder they closed it. now lets terminate classbords.

O

old.Tohtori

Devboard...

*reaches out a paw*

..gone?

*tear*

So many ...memories...

M

Motowntheta

Originally posted by Dook_Pug
They did remember?

The old GOA boards...

Giv old boards back !!!

Sorry hadn't heard that cry in over a year ;)

D

Damon_D

I'm with Arnor on this one..I just dont think flaming is quit enough..a punch in the nose would be ok thou. If they cant take the flaming..maybe they should do there job better ???

B

bracken_woodman

Does anyone really think BW is any better than VN ?

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

BW= Europe (mostly)

VN = Yanks (mostly)

Answer = yes :p

O

old.Glendower

Originally posted by Flimgoblin

I think once upon a time (back in beta when there weren't so many players) the devs round table was frequented by more than just the public facing folks - the actual devs went there, discussed ideas, etc.

Can't do that now - too many angry kids.

Same happened with the goa boards - was just the "place to slag goa" - no other useful discussion actually happened. Or rather the discussion that did was drowned in the whine.

I think it is more than just angry kids.

If you have been following the development of the various boards since this game was pre-beta (like many of us old, retired EQ players), you would see that there are very many highly intelligent, extremely creative people who have devoted a lot of time and energy into attempting to offer positive, rational suggestions to various game issues, mechanics/enhancements (both RvR and PvE), bug solutions and notifications (often with MANY hours of boring testing...complete with reams of logs), and other topics of concern to the game community.

The very great majority of which were summarily dissmissed by Mythic out of hand, much to their detriment, or at best implemented only after MONTHS of screaming and begging, and even then usually in a half-assed manner that didnt truly satisfy the issue.

Remember, originally Mythic actively solicited this feedback with a promise to continually improve the game with a high standard of accountability (yadda, yadda).

It just seems to a lot of the fans of "RPGs"out there that Mythic lacks both the will, and the technical expertise to pull this game into shape, and it is the former that truly angers folks.

Ever have a sex partner that just lays there and makes you do all the work, and/or acts like they are doing you a favor no matter how attentive and loyal you are? Gets kind of frustrating after a while.

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by old.Glendower

Ever have a sex partner that just lays there and makes you do all the work, and/or acts like they are doing you a favor no matter how attentive and loyal you are? Gets kind of frustrating after a while.

Or in other words:

Bend over and take it up the wazoo from Mythic like a good little player.

B

Belsameth

Originally posted by bracken_woodman

tbh, not really. hasn't been for a while either. just look at the replies of Arnor and Damon a little further up the page...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom