Games Deus Ex 3: Human Revolution Trailer!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
GDC 10: Deus Ex: Human Revolution Blowout - PC Feature at IGN

New trailer released at the GDC, along with a brief Q & A.

Gotta say the trailer is pretty good. Very carefully done and looks excellent, not surprising given that Sqaure Enix are doing all the FMVs.

Really liking the way they seem to be so obsessed by bringing the first game back to life again. Sticking with a detailed narrative based in existing theories and mythologies, non-linear play and real-science based augmentations.

Apparently those at GDC got to see some in-game video, but filming and photography was forbidden, so the first chance we'll get to see any in-game stuff will be E3.

I haven't been this excited over a game in years. :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Deus Ex back to basics?

That's like...like...someone making a Thief equal :eek6:

00dave

Artist formerly known as Ignus
I'm wary of trailers that don't show any gameplay these days, so many games have been released recently that have lovely shiny FMV sequences but absolute terrible gameplay graphics. Let's hope this is different.

incidently has everyone seen this?
YouTube - Yahtzee's Deus Ex Song

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm wary of trailers that don't show any gameplay these days, so many games have been released recently that have lovely shiny FMV sequences but absolute terrible gameplay graphics. Let's hope this is different.[/url]

Well, it uses a heavily modified version of the Tomb Raider: Underworld engine, so it should be pretty good graphics-wise.

Gameplay > Polygons anyway.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Square Enix did all the SupCom2 stuff as well and it was fucking awful.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Think someone said the cinematics are done by square, so ofcourse they will look absolutely fantastic.

If they can incorporate all the stuff into a game and make it so that no skill still makes you a god, keeping the difficulty up by smart AI and level design, INSTEAD of microvision snipers who take you out at 5km or just tougher armor on enemy...then it's probably the best game in a long while.

Still....holding reservation due to modern game producers forcing games out early, or game companies using way too much time without actually creating anything with the time.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
That Deus Ex trailer is great.

Yeh, the game depends on gameplay but lets face it, gameplay vids aren't going to be hard to come by for anyone that doesn't feel a need to have the game the moment it is available.

The trailer is nice eye candy with hints of a great story :)

The truth on the gameplay will be known soon enough.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In the original Deus Ex you couldn't see the more advanced augmentations whereas the old guys had metal arms and the like.

Flipped on its head for this. If it's a multi-format release I expect it to be a sack of wank tbfh. If not then yay! :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Think someone said the cinematics are done by square, so ofcourse they will look absolutely fantastic.

If they can incorporate all the stuff into a game and make it so that no skill still makes you a god, keeping the difficulty up by smart AI and level design, INSTEAD of microvision snipers who take you out at 5km or just tougher armor on enemy...then it's probably the best game in a long while.

Still....holding reservation due to modern game producers forcing games out early, or game companies using way too much time without actually creating anything with the time.

From what they've said, the AI will be pretty advanced and behave in ways you'd expect from this type of game, rather than the limited set of pre-defined behaviours.

That Deus Ex trailer is great.

Yeh, the game depends on gameplay but lets face it, gameplay vids aren't going to be hard to come by for anyone that doesn't feel a need to have the game the moment it is available.

The trailer is nice eye candy with hints of a great story :)

The truth on the gameplay will be known soon enough.

They've focused a LOT on the story for this, since they know it's what made the first so great.

In the original Deus Ex you couldn't see the more advanced augmentations whereas the old guys had metal arms and the like.

Flipped on its head for this. If it's a multi-format release I expect it to be a sack of wank tbfh. If not then yay! :)

You'll now be able to see the advanced augmentations on yourself, there's a view mode where you can go outside of first person for various reasons, so you'll really (apparently) see the changes as you progress.

I think it is multi-format, but it's basically being designed as a PC game. Since the consoles can handle much more these days, there's no need for them to go down the restrictive routes that dominated DX2.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
thiaf? leet spellchecker says fail :(

I imagine some 50 year+ corporate boss figured he was "hip" when he came up with that after trying to read some of his sons txt messages :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom