Detonator drivers

G

GDW

sorry if this has been posted a million times but whats the "best" detonator drivers to use for a GF 256 DDR ?
Thanks peeps:clap:

E

Embattle

12.41 are good but don't allow coolbits reg hack to work.

However next month a new set will arrive, 20.80s I believe.

O

old.Jimbo Mahoney

With the 5th fastest Athlon / Geforce 2 Ultra in 3DMark 2000 in the world, the 7.68s are alright.

;)

Regards,

Jimbo

O

old.D R E ad

Its not that simple. There is not one version that will best for everyone, i.e. a version works well for someone might not so well for you. It depends on a number of factors, What OS, DirectX, overall hardware and what games you want to run. It also depends on what you consider 'best' to mean - Are you looking for speed (frame rate), compatability (works with every game/app you have), stability or image quality. The 12.41's are the official one's available on the nVidia web site but they are far from the best. The reason they are there is because they have been tested to be the most compatable with most games and applications. Many of the newer beta versions will give you a better frame rate although don't forget that newest often does not mean best when it comes to graphics drivers - i find some of the older ones to be better for the games I play. Often they are only updated to give better support for a new game/app and might sacrifice performance to do so.
It's really just a case of trial and error. Download a load of versions and try them with the games you play. Also try benchmarking with 3dmax2001 or a Q3 time demo.

Go to www.geforcefaq.com for more info and downloads.

BTW - Coolbits has been removed from some versions like Embattle says, but I know a neat trick to get it back by mixing 2 versions togther. I will post details if you want.

E

Embattle

Yeah I know that trick, you copy a file from an older set over the new file although can't remeber what file it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom