Derren Brown again

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Did anyone see his TV show last Friday, I thought it was pretty good, and I liked the Russian Roulette he played last year, will certainly be seeing the next installment - Friday 10pm C4.

Doh_boy

Part of the furniture
I wanted to but I was doing something......ummmmmmm fuck knows.

I think he's a damn good showman and I really cannot see the line between illusion and cool 'behavioural psycology' stuff. I'm kinda assuming there is some, I know I'm gulible.:)

Covenant

Can't get enough of FH
Doh_boy said:
I wanted to but I was doing something......ummmmmmm fuck knows.

I think he's a damn good showman and I really cannot see the line between illusion and cool 'behavioural psycology' stuff. I'm kinda assuming there is some, I know I'm gulible.:)
I agree, he's a good showman, but I think half his stuff is orchestrated in such a way that it appears real.

Friday at 10, you say? Might check it out and see if I can find anything to be critical over :p

Skyler

Fledgling Freddie
I liked the first ep.. was glued to it and enjoyed how he actually explained how he did things this time... very interesting.

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
He's doing something this monday.. a Seyonce (probably spelled wrong)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I was rather impressed with it. I'm constantly amazed at how impressionable the human mind is and his expertise in leading people toward making certain choices is bloody impressive.

Where the 'dead girl' is revealed at the end, I'm torn between respect for the ordeal of the people taking part as she walks in, and curiosity to see how they reacted to her not being dead after all.

As it dawns on you that every single idea, every thing that they said, was planted in their minds by Derron as he went along, t'is mind boggling

Jonny_Darko

Fledgling Freddie
He never explained how he suggested the idea of the cat and the train to them...

AlexJP

Fledgling Freddie
i thought it was quite freaky when he asked the spirit how old she was and that girl said in a really young voice "six". Even though by that time i knew it was fake, it was still quite scary. Also the bit behind the curtain when the guy started screaming. Derren Brown is a legend, the way he manipulates peoples minds to make them do things sub-conciously is just plain brilliant.

Oh yeah, hasn't anyone else kinda guessed that freddy is a paedophile? I mean, come one, he makes a site called "freddy's house" and lures young boys into it so he can seduce them. You are all fucked up. One day he'll ask you to meet him, and then you're in big trouble. Why would you make a site by this name other than for that?

Dr_Weasel

One of Freddy's beloved
I saw him do this seance routine at a live show. It was very similar, except the random person from the audience was contacting and old dead mate of his and knew loads of details about him such as where he lived, what he did, etc, etc. It was quite impressive to watch.

I read some interview with him once (maybe FHM) where they asked him had he ever used his skills to pull women. He did mention that he had used certain techniques in the past, such as, complementing a woman on her looks and clothes, whilst you adjust your tie. Then later in the conversation when you ask her for a date, you adjust your tie again. The tie adjustment is subconciously linked to the first occasion when you were making her feel really good about herself, thus increasing the chances of scoring a date.

Ive since started wearing ties.

Meatballs

One of Freddy's beloved
Dr_Weasel said:
I read some interview with him once (maybe FHM) where they asked him had he ever used his skills to pull women. He did mention that he had used certain techniques in the past, such as, complementing a woman on her looks and clothes, whilst you adjust your tie. Then later in the conversation when you ask her for a date, you adjust your tie again. The tie adjustment is subconciously linked to the first occasion when you were making her feel really good about herself, thus increasing the chances of scoring a date.

Ive since started wearing ties.
Thou needs not use a tie, just rub your crotch when you compliment her, and then when you ask her out. Eventually when you marry her, she shant complain about you rubbing your crotch. And hey, she might even do it for you! :sex:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom