Derida discontinued forever ?

Tiarta

Fledgling Freddie
Derida discontinued forever ? :/

http://www.derida.de/

down.
I love modding.--I really do-I enjoy it, even if it cost’s me hundreds (more likely thousands) of hours hart and sometimes nerve-racking work
• I do not want to leave this scene, but for the time being I just see the whole shit around me and so many things got on my nerves.

• It’s NOT naturally that I (and all other old birds in this scene) do the whole work for nothing.

• All new ideas and innovative stuff comes from the same people since 2 years

• I’m absolutely not happy with all those „want to be –modders“ who just crib everything away from us and showing of with it afterwards

• I’m helping whoever needs help whatever problem he has--but that’s not granted in stone

• I also do not want to explain every word I posted in a board over and over again

• I do not want to justify for what I do

• I do not want to answer 10 mails per day with questions I already answered 1000 times

• If you want to install my Mod, you have to read 5 sentences-that is not to hard and sure not to much expected from me.

• My Mod does NOT contain any kind of virus/trojans/or whatever. I’m not responsible if your dam stupid antivirus program is not able to differentiate between some code samples and a real virus.

• I didn’t play for the last 1, 5 years (rl reasons), now I’m able to play again—but that does not mean I’m giving “InGame-Tech Support“

• I’m not able to mod private or guild ui’s (let’s say: not for nothing)

• If you wish to use “tooltips”, you may just read the things you clicked on before.

• No, I do not work for Mythic or GOA and therefore are NOT able to help you with In Game bugs.

• And NO, I’m not arrogant, selfish or aggressive, nor greedy or addicted to success—I did all this because I liked to do it and I needed this challenge.

I wanted to write more and more detailed—but I’m just to frustrated for that in the moment.

I’m going to stop my “Modding and Mapping”—don’t know for how long-we will see.

Thanks to all those, who supported me during the last 2 years - I will not forget you

/curtsey
Derida

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
Meny other good UI's you can use, its not the end of the world..

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
just use elcains, problem solved...

Ozilia

Fledgling Freddie
Well it's working for 1.80 so should be safe for another month or 2 at least for EU :) Plus 1.81 doesn't seem to have any fancy new features so should be np using Deridas ui..

Labbe

Fledgling Freddie
He is angry because?

Really.

• And NO, I’m not arrogant, selfish or aggressive, nor greedy or addicted to success—I did all this because I liked to do it and I needed this challenge.

And then...

• I’m absolutely not happy with all those „want to be –modders“ who just crib everything away from us and showing of with it afterwards

Sounds like he is acting like a minor.

"Oh no! They stole my ideas....And now they are making their own mods with my ideas...bastards... I should be the only one doing cool stuff...bla blabla.."

rampant

Can't get enough of FH
OMG u guys!!!!!!!!1

Derida is simply THE best mod out there - no other modder has been able to make such a competant interface or installer!

This is a BIG loss to the modding scene - looks like his mods will now be private affairs.

I wonder if Valmerwolf stopped making his for the same reasons?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i use derida, bloody great mod. Handy for so many reasons, even things like when someone in /as asks how many RPs for R4L3 you can tell em

its a great shame

Snert

Fledgling Freddie
aye, love derida's as well :s hope he gets back to it soon

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Snert said:
aye, love derida's as well :s hope he gets back to it soon

and the classic

omg its a she not a he... :sex:

I mean.. like a guy ever be such a big drama queen? :p

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
"Oh no! They stole my ideas....And now they are making their own mods with my ideas...bastards... I should be the only one doing cool stuff...bla blabla.."

Nope, not just ideas. Actually - according to Derida - things were a little different. Apparently some other modder basically ripped off his (Deridas) UI, changed about 5% of the code, merely tweaking it, slapped his name over it and distributed it as his work (giving credit, but that´s about it). I don´t know if that´s the entire truth, but *if* it is, then the reaction is understandable.

Maoni

Fledgling Freddie
Joor said:
Meny other good UI's you can use, its not the end of the world..

End of the best UI tho imo
(hope he will continue tho)

rynnor

Rockhound
Write your own UI - you may learn something and you'll gain a greater appreciation of the work people like derida put in.

MxN

Can't get enough of FH
Some people posting like he died or summin.

Howley

Fledgling Freddie
Mxn said:
Some people posting like he died or summin.
hehe, nah..peeps just want easy access to UI's ...hmm who should we all turn to next..i wonder if there will be another good Mxn UI soon ...hmm :p
:clap:

limpit

Fledgling Freddie
really like the way he left the 'if you like what you see, give me lots of cash through paypal' thing on the site :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom